VFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

This competition is a joke too many teams not enough rounds too many byes for club teams don’t even play each other once.
Maybe the VFL opps the AFL should look at conference system going forward?

This competition is a joke too many teams not enough rounds too many byes for club teams don’t even play each other once.
Maybe the VFL opps the AFL should look at conference system going forward?

22 teams

2 conferences

Play each side in conference

Play half the sides in other conference

15 games

Frankston season is done
Giants will be playing finals
Collingwood and Werribee could swap places
Oh is that the last round?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if Vic & Qld Govts would let Box Hill fly to GC to play Southport in two weeks, and no way would GWS be able to play in Melbourne. GIven the situation in Sydney reckon they will have to forfeit and that would have Frankston or Werribee 8th. In fact, Southport might also have to forfeit. Big, big mess.

Not sure if Vic & Qld Govts would let Box Hill fly to GC to play Southport in two weeks, and no way would GWS be able to play in Melbourne. GIven the situation in Sydney reckon they will have to forfeit and that would have Frankston or Werribee 8th. In fact, Southport might also have to forfeit. Big, big mess.
Given GWS are still based in Melbourne they'll be able to source local players to come play for them, similar to how Essendon did in Queensland and GC and Brissy did whilst they were in Melbourne. I suspect that's what will happen for the other games as well with interstate teams

Given GWS are still based in Melbourne they'll be able to source local players to come play for them, similar to how Essendon did in Queensland and GC and Brissy did whilst they were in Melbourne. I suspect that's what will happen for the other games as well with interstate teams
Finals are different. You can't just add randoms. Plus if GWS make AFL finals their whole squad could be in Perth or Adelaide. Same for Cats, Dogs & Dees. Clubs won't be able to fly players back and forwards. Can't see this working unless AFL finals are played at MCG.

Finals are different. You can't just add randoms. Plus if GWS make AFL finals their whole squad could be in Perth or Adelaide. Same for Cats, Dogs & Dees. Clubs won't be able to fly players back and forwards. Can't see this working unless AFL finals are played at MCG.
It's a solution for next week. I'm sure they'll be able to work something out for finals, probably fly their supplementry squad down now and have them in a bubble.

It's a solution for next week. I'm sure they'll be able to work something out for finals, probably fly their supplementry squad down now and have them in a bubble.
Dogs/Dees/Cats could have their best 30 - 33 players interstate, if not the whole squad. If that is the case, you would have to cancel the VFL finals.

Dogs/Dees/Cats could have their best 30 - 33 players interstate, if not the whole squad. If that is the case, you would have to cancel the VFL finals.
I mean, I know there's talk of scrapping the pre-finals bye but the AFL finals right now aren't due for three weeks

Latest Round 19 Fixture - if it goes aheadView attachment 1203807
The round will be cancelled no way Victoria will be out of Lockdown.
Plus the fighting thing this could be the end of North Melbourne in the VFL as with Covid hitting the sport hard again I can see the board making more cutbacks.
I hope it doesn't happen but I have a very bad feeling it could happen.

All those silly early season byes, up to 6 teams a week, when Covid was still hanging around (although Victoria was out of lockdown) is now starting to bite.

If this comp survives into 2022, play as many games as possible early and bank them in case it blows up later.

Hopefully lockdowns aren't a factor in 2022.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back