VFL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Update: I understand vfl rounds 9-10 to be announced tomorrow

AFL and the clubs have decided due to COVID issues vfl fixtures will be only be released in fortnightly blocks.

Rounds 9 and 10 released

Attachments

• 65FE99D4-6F9E-4560-83C7-B40DF5177468.jpeg
    65FE99D4-6F9E-4560-83C7-B40DF5177468.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 1D5287E1-5AD8-4490-8291-96E090D0B84A.jpeg
    1D5287E1-5AD8-4490-8291-96E090D0B84A.jpeg
    190.4 KB · Views: 88

My Game-Day scenes from the Coburg v Port Melbourne game on 2nd April 2022 played at Coburg.

Incredible result at SkyBus Stadium last night

FrAniston come from 48 points down at 3QT to beat Carlton by 7 points

Attachments

• ABDADABE-FCB0-4148-98DC-A90328115353.jpeg
    ABDADABE-FCB0-4148-98DC-A90328115353.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 81
Went to watch Willy beat GC at sunny Morris Street. GC looked a tall side, probably a little more skilled but struggled with the "breeze" at Willy. Proper home ground down there.

Full of AFL listed players, including the dangerous Sam Day, they also struggled with Willy's desperation to kick start their season.

GC were down by 33 at 3qt, they kicked 2 quick goals kicking to the scoring end, but Willy hung on. Got a few out, but hoping Willy can get a few more.

FSiQeW3VsAA2q2V

This week.... Sydney and Essendon will also play a practice match at Tramway Oval on Saturday afternoon from 2.30pm

Looks like Nathan Freeman is returning to the Dolphins to collect 40 disposals per game

VFL Fixture updated until Round 18
for Victorian based clubs below is the list of channel 7 games this season

(Frankston no channel 7 game since April 21 2019, no vfl channel 7 game at their home ground SkyBus Stadium since May 18 2018).

Attachments

• AB596C8E-824F-4E16-9D7F-292443CD9371.jpeg
    AB596C8E-824F-4E16-9D7F-292443CD9371.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 79
VFL Fixture updated until Round 18
for Victorian based clubs below is the list of channel 7 games this season

(Frankston no channel 7 game since April 21 2019, no vfl channel 7 game at their home ground SkyBus Stadium since May 18 2018).
Well North was supposed to play Casey on Channel 7 game was pulled replaced by Richmond vs Box Hill.
Channel 7 ,Foxtel and Kayo should go into business and show the VFL from 2025 onwards as they won’t have the AFL to show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finals match-ups locked in for wk 1:

QF1: Casey vs Sydney in Vic
QF2: Brisbane vs Southport in Qld

EF1: Gold Coast vs Box Hill in Qld
EF2: Collingwood vs Carlton in Vic

Finals match-ups locked in for wk 1:

QF1: Casey vs Sydney in Vic
QF2: Brisbane vs Southport in Qld

EF1: Gold Coast vs Box Hill in Qld
EF2: Collingwood vs Carlton in Vic
Great for Queensland footy to have two of the four VFL finals being played here next week and we're guaranteed to have another in Queensland next week as well as a fourth in the prelim week. Throw in another final in Sydney one of those weeks as well.

I think this just shows that Queensland footy is stronger than most onlookers down south think and the NEAFL was probably never as bad as it was made out to be. All we needed was an opportunity to play against quality opposition.

It's entirely possible that the VFL grand final will be an all-Queensland affair this year and there's even the possibility that it will be an all-Gold Coast grand final. Let's go!

Great for Queensland footy to have two of the four VFL finals being played here next week and we're guaranteed to have another in Queensland next week as well as a fourth in the prelim week. Throw in another final in Sydney one of those weeks as well.

I think this just shows that Queensland footy is stronger than most onlookers down south think and the NEAFL was probably never as bad as it was made out to be. All we needed was an opportunity to play against quality opposition.

It's entirely possible that the VFL grand final will be an all-Queensland affair this year and there's even the possibility that it will be an all-Gold Coast grand final. Let's go!
If it was to be a Sharks vs Suns GF i wonder if there is any possibility that it can be moved to Metricon.

If it was to be a Sharks vs Suns GF i wonder if there is any possibility that it can be moved to Metricon.
This situation has played out in the QAFL grand final before where both teams that qualified were from the Gold Coast and the venue got moved from Brisbane to Metricon at the start of GF week but I'm not sure the VFL/AFL would have that much flexibility with the broadcasters. It would seem a bit odd to have a VFL GF between two Queensland teams at Ikon Park...

First time since 2005 that Willy haven't played finals, I'd suggest that's probably the longest sequence of any major competition in the Country.

The reduction in the salary cap during Covid for the Victorian stand alones has made it difficult for them to compete and its noticeable that none of them made the final 8.

Salary cap increasing next season for them so hopefully a chance to properly compete, I know Willy will be spending more, hopefully the rest can too.

Saturday August 27
First Qualifying Final,
Casey Demons (1st) vs. Sydney Swans (4th)
Casey Fields, 1:05pm AEST
Broadcaster: Seven Network

Second Qualifying Final, Brisbane Lions (2nd) vs. Southport Sharks (3rd)
Moreton Bay Sports Complex, 1:35pm AEST
Broadcaster: AFL.com.au

Sunday August 28
Second Elimination Final,
Collingwood (6th) vs. Carlton (7th)
Victoria Park, 1:05pm AEST

First Elimination Final, Gold Coast Suns (5th) vs. Box Hill Hawks (8th)
Metricon Stadium, 6:05pm AEST

Saturday August 27
First Qualifying Final,
Casey Demons (1st) vs. Sydney Swans (4th)
Casey Fields, 1:05pm AEST

Second Qualifying Final, Brisbane Lions (2nd) vs. Southport Sharks (3rd)
Moreton Bay Sports Complex, 1:35pm AEST

Sunday August 28
Second Elimination Final,
Collingwood (6th) vs. Carlton (7th)
Victoria Park, 1:05pm AEST

First Elimination Final, Gold Coast Suns (5th) vs. Box Hill Hawks (8th)
Metricon Stadium, 6:05pm AEST
Casey and Southport have shown they are the firm favourites for the VFL flag this season with big qualifying final wins today. Casey are obviously strong due to their Melbourne connection but the Sharks are doing what they've done for many decades against highly fancied opposition and springing all kinds of upsets. I must say it's nice to see Southport doing it on the semi-national stage now because they'll final get the credit they deserve if they continue this form.

Side note - is it time to change the name of the league for the upcoming 2023 season? I know the 'VFL' has history but we've got a situation in this finals series where we have three finals being hosted in Victoria, three finals being hosted in Queensland and one final being hosted in New South Wales with the grand final already locked in for Ikon Park. That means if you don't include the grand final venue which was already predetermined, there are more finals matches taking place outside of Victoria than those that are taking place inside Victoria this year. It's also entirely possible that we'll have an all-Queensland grand final this year given Brisbane beat Melbourne last week and will likely face them in the prelim in two weeks. Does it just need to become the Eastern Football League (EFL) or something similar next year to fairly reflect what it's become?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back