List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Already been said, but in terms of re-energising the supporter base, Harley is a huge asset.

Fremantle and their supporters have some shall we say lofty ambitions about taking more market share and one day being Number 1 (🫢). Whilst I can’t see it, a few bad years of extreme losing whilst they perform ok and things can start to slowly turn. I know there was mild concern on here and I am sure internally, the club themselves would be concerned, hence the earlier than expected departure of Trev, and Don’s public comments and actions since he took over.

I don’t think anyone is under any illusion that there is still a lot of hard yards to be done, but the buzz and excitement in general that Harley has brought is palpable, it sure soothes a bit of the pain of losing when you see his and some of the other young guys progress

Freo are already closing the gap in terms of memberships, revenue attendance etc. if they snag a flag with this group, they’ll continue to close the gap as long as we are down the bottom.

2014 clubs were at their closest in those metrics but also onfield H2H too.

West Coast’s marketing and membership team should be getting on their knees and thanking god for Harley Reid.

Have to say I’ve seen a lot less younger kids in West Coast jumpers compared to Freo jumpers than in years gone by.

Had it not been for Harley we would be going through our leanest ever patch- literally the worst team in AFL history- without a single marquee player on our list.

Not a great spot to have been in.

Freo are already closing the gap in terms of memberships, revenue attendance etc. if they snag a flag with this group, they’ll continue to close the gap as long as we are down the bottom.

2014 clubs were at their closest in those metrics but also onfield H2H too.

West Coast’s marketing and membership team should be getting on their knees and thanking god for Harley Reid.

Have to say I’ve seen a lot less younger kids in West Coast jumpers compared to Freo jumpers than in years gone by.

Had it not been for Harley we would be going through our leanest ever patch- literally the worst team in AFL history- without a single marquee player on our list.

Not a great spot to have been in.

Thats a somewhat overly pessimistic and alarmist view :p but we have managed to work our way clear of them before and I have confidence we will do so again.

Their dour gamestyle doesn’t lend itself to being must watch for a neutral, but I guess if they win it keeps em happy enough.

Very glad to have Harley and in time, some of the other youth will grow to be popular in their own right. The positivity started last year in amongst the mess, he (Harley) has accelerated things a bit :)

Seeing harley run around in the 9 doing what he does makes me quite excited to see the next 3. Low key get a feeling it might not be a mid tho

Thats a somewhat overly pessimistic and alarmist view :p but we have managed to work our way clear of them before and I have confidence we will do so again.

Their dour gamestyle doesn’t lend itself to being must watch for a neutral, but I guess if they win it keeps em happy enough.

Very glad to have Harley and in time, some of the other youth will grow to be popular in their own right. The positivity started last year in amongst the mess, he (Harley) has accelerated things a bit :)

I think zooming out, we’re talking about recruiting new generations of kids to support our club. We have some advantages just from being historically so successful and kids generally support the same clubs as their parents.

I don’t think play style has alot to do with it. Teams change play style pretty regularly and kids can’t identify play style, they just want to support a club that makes them feel like winners.

If Freo enjoy ALoT of success and we continue being this poor for an extended period, thins will gradually change over time.

It’s a risk over the long term, but it’s pretty far off as we sit here now.

Even though it’s arguably a week later than it should’ve been, it’s important to recognise that he’s the first from his draft year to get a rising star nom. The other nominations have been from previous draft years.

Thank goodness we didn’t trade the pick and JTR.

Thank ROB and his team to have those Diamond Hands holding that Pick 1 ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Anyone posted this?

Who gives a s**t

1713180150788.gif

I think it is important to recognise the young man and all his hard work and for the club having the balls to hold onto the pick one.

Also, we’ve been so success starved for multiple seasons now, it’s worth celebrating the little wins.

Must be great for the town seeing one of their own lighting it up in the big league regardless of which team Harley plays for

Suspect like most small rural towns at the moment life isn’t always easy in Tongala (that’s not intended as a criticism) so it’d be nice to have something to boost spirits

In time I think a visit to Tongala to pay respects will be a part of any Eagles fan travel itinerary when in Victoria

Yeah the community is pumping - The hay bale from draft night is down at the footy club entrance which you see kids getting photos with it which is unreal to see them smiling next to it.

The best thing is he knows where it all started and he loves the community and he always gives back whenever he can weather that’s visiting schools, been the water boy or the runner, footy clinics ect.

Obviously that will be harder to do but there’s no doubt whenever he is home he will do his best to do something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the community is pumping - The hay bale from draft night is down at the footy club entrance which you see kids getting photos with it which is unreal to see them smiling next to it.

The best thing is he knows where it all started and he loves the community and he always gives back whenever he can weather that’s visiting schools, been the water boy or the runner, footy clinics ect.

Obviously that will be harder to do but there’s no doubt whenever he is home he will do his best to do something.
As a club we have always been very good at facilitating that kind of thing so no doubt when there's down time the club will be more than willing to help him get back to do that kind of stuff. Wouldn't be surprised if at some point we did a club clinic around there when we have to travel there for a bit.

Time to join the blue and gold bandwagon Mr Battler....

Quality bloke by the sounds of things.

Time to join the blue and gold bandwagon Mr Battler....
Weve always been supporters of the Roos. The only club board to celebrate the coach of the Roos on multiple occasions for an entire week each time! B

Time for a little love back I feel.

Do you by chance know Angus Scoble or his family? They're from Tongala as well.
He debuted for the Bendigo Pioneers last weekend.
Only a mid-sized talent at 184cm but with a late December birthday he looks an extremely handy sort and wasn't out of place having 19 disposals in his first game and took the below almighty hanger.. Have been corresponding with his mother who bought some photos off me.
Angus Scoble-4.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back