List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Schofield on shelter footycast from about 27 minutes brings up Harley having alot of weight on his shoulders and mentions the coverage in the west.

A good listen.

Also Rotham said at the WAFL coverage yesterday Harley was getting a hard time while watching.

Skeete touched on Harley being at the WAFL game as well. Good to hear he attended to support but not great if he was copping a bit from the locals

Skeete touched on Harley being at the WAFL game as well. Good to hear he attended to support but not great if he was copping a bit from the locals

From the way that was spoken about by Readings and Rotham it sounded like kids hounding him for autographs.

As strange as it sounds, it's probably good that HR had a quiet game TBH.

Hopefully, a bit of media talk swooning over him might die off.
Also reminds everyone he's a 19 year old in his first year.

Begrudgingly need to acknowledge the west has done well not to make a big deal out of Harley having a quiet game.

They could have got more engagement and sold more papers if they feigned concern and clutched their pearls over it.

Seems they have some semblance of professional responsibility.

Begrudgingly need to acknowledge the west has done well not to make a big deal out of Harley having a quiet game.

They could have got more engagement and sold more papers if they feigned concern and clutched their pearls over it.

Seems they have some semblance of professional responsibility.
It's easy to pump a kids tyres up.

I don't think they need any plaudits for not sticking the boot in.
They'd pretty much get crucified if they did that.

AFL Tonight reporting that contract extension talks have just begun on the weekend between WCE and Reids management. No Rush to sign but Harley is happy in Perth.
That's ****ing amazing news. With JHF there was a leak to afl 360 saying contract talk has been put off.

I doubt a leak would happen at our club with media. But if any ITK want to leak it on bigfooty wink wink. Actually I prefer not to hear the dreaded words of contract talks being put off in bigfooty

That's ******* amazing news. With JHF there was a leak to afl 360 saying contract talk has been put off.

I doubt a leak would happen at our club with media. But if any ITK want to leak it on bigfooty wink wink. Actually I prefer not to hear the dreaded words of contract talks being put off in bigfooty

The tone, timing and content of the report would suggest it was a deliberate leak from the club.

This morning Tom Morris reports that Essendon are interested in putting a deal to Harley.

Less than 12 hours later known west coast nuffie Drew Jones reveals that West Coast have met with Harleys manager on the weekend about an extension, that Harley is happy in Perth, “west coast won’t be pressuring Harley to sign on immediately, and Eagles “confident they have the cap space” to lock in Reid over the next 12 months.

Also should point out to those in here the report suggests no extension is likely this year.

Grubby Kane Cornes just gave Harley a clip for cramping in 4th quarter on the weekend and suggested his training standards are poor.

Lloyd and Caro pulled him up.

I’m starting to get slightly concerned about the impact all this attention might be having on him.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the stats for ol' Kanos 8th game of AFL.

3 disposals.
2 Contested Possies
1 Uncontested
2 Kicks / 1 Handball.

I think someone's fitness wasn't up to AFL standard....

And he played his 8th game in his second season so had done a pre-season unlike Harley.

Cross posting this as it's interesting when you do compare Daicos and Reids first years...

Not to mention that Daicos in yr 1 was playing across Half Back and was usually the loose man behind the ball. Easy to look good when your getting the Sheezel cheapies.

Comparing Reid and Daicos in their first years is actually pretty interesting.
1714999921958.png

Obviously less games played so the averages for Harley are incomplete so far but he's stacking up reasonably well.
Better disposal efficiency, More Score involvements, More Clearances, Less Clangers, etc.

Grubby Kane Cornes just gave Harley a clip for cramping in 4th quarter on the weekend and suggested his training standards are poor.

Lloyd and Caro pulled him up.

I’m starting to get slightly concerned about the impact all this attention might be having on him.

I came here to talk to this

I usually agree with Kane but this is so stupid

Harley has had injuries in the junior competitions, an interrupted pre season and is a completely different build to Nick Daicos.

As an elite runner, Kane should know better. I doubt he was running 2:30 marathons as an AFL player @75kg, but he gave it a squirt @65kg. Additionally, he should know how long it takes to build fitness.

If Harley can run a 2km TT at the same rate as say, Dusty or Danger did - then he’ll be fine. He doesn’t need to be this amazing aerobic athlete, he just needs to be able to throw repeat anaerobic efforts.

The fitness knock is laughable at best. The kid is as good as any first year player has been since Judd. Let him cook!!!!!!!!

So the stats for ol' Kanos 8th game of AFL.

3 disposals.
2 Contested Possies
1 Uncontested
2 Kicks / 1 Handball.

I think someone's fitness wasn't up to AFL standard....

And he played his 8th game in his second season so had done a pre-season unlike Harley.
Thats not a fair comparison!! Harley has only played 7 so lets look at Kanes 7th...

2 Disposals,
2 Uncontested
1 Tackle
1 Mark

I usually agree with Kane but this is so stupid

Itysl 103 GIF by Vulture.com

"Best player in the comp" kinda undoes Schofields point and makes him sound like an ex Eagle fanboi just quietly.

Reid is nowhere near the best player in the comp. Is he arguably the best young prospect? Yes he is, but as you've rightly put it, he's only 8 games in so that really means **** all considering draftees develop at different rates.

So much hyperbole from both ends.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back