List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

The hyperbole is his point - it helps get his point across that Reid is very good.

Come to me for more year 10 English lessons, old mate. :shoutyoldman:

James Franco Face GIFs | Tenor

Grubby Kane Cornes just gave Harley a clip for cramping in 4th quarter on the weekend and suggested his training standards are poor.

Lloyd and Caro pulled him up.

I’m starting to get slightly concerned about the impact all this attention might be having on him.

The funny bit about this is N Daicos cramped on Friday as did JHF.

Duff & his producer this morning mentioning the crap posted about Harley after the Derby (roughly 5min mark) insinuated the club got the police involved in the matter. Assume this ties into what Simmo was talking about on 360 the other night.

Surely our self righteous friends who support the purple team would never engage in such behaviour?

a14de8049e19a1895349ffb9662f65b0.jpg

Schofield: What’s at risk with hysterical media treatment of Reid https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/w...p/news-story/6b7087d393554dea0a64c85cd1573487

Great article from Will taking aim at WA media on its coverage of Reid.

I’m starting to think the relentless coverage, and innuendo and trashy rumours are impacting on Reid. I think we may have crossed a threshold in the last week or so.

Since the game on the weekend Schofield and the club have been forward about media impact on players, and Schofield in particular has on numerous times flagged that he is concerned about its impact on Harley.

Last edited:
a14de8049e19a1895349ffb9662f65b0.jpg

Schofield: What’s at risk with hysterical media treatment of Reid https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/w...p/news-story/6b7087d393554dea0a64c85cd1573487

Great article from Will taking aim at WA media on its coverage of Reid.

I’m starting to think the relentless coverage, and innuendo and trashy rumours are impacting on Reid. I think we may have crossed a threshold in the last week or so.

Since the game on the weekend Schofield and the club have been forward about media impact on players, and Schofield in particular has on numerous times flagged that he is concerned about its impact on Harley.
That was Vic media with Kane Cornes. Let's get that right.

WA media is obsessive. But Vic media is vicious and campaigners

That was Vic media with Kane Cornes. Let's get that right.

WA media is obsessive. But Vic media is vicious and campaigners

I’d say the club coming out taking about media and its impact on players started before the Kane Cornes things.

Simmo mentioned it on AFL360, and Schofields podcast on Monday was when he first flagged the attention Harley is getting where he said “for some reason from the weekend I’ve got my protection pricked up a little bit”.

Both were in Monday BEFORE Kane’s grubby segment on Reid cramping later that night.

Without dismissing Kane’s poorly thought out swipe at Harley, the shift in posturing from the club and those close to it started before Cornes comments.

27:45

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel for the guy. Struggling to think of a place where he could escape the media hype....possibly only the NSW and QLD clubs. He's kind of transcended normal AFL celebrityism and will be in the papers, talk shows and social media for the next 15 years or so. It'll certainly die down over time, but he's going to have ride it out for a while

Yes I must admit I am concerned about the W.A. media or the Worst Australian in particular being so excessive that Harley decides to leave when his contract is up.
They are a ******* disgrace and they need to be called out for it.

I legit have no idea how he/his family or the club haven't taken legal action against them by now.

It's gone from odd to silly to excessive to a meme to accepted to silly to stupid and excessive.... All the while being a constant since what, October/November last year?

Blokes been putting up with Daily articles and quips for borderline 6 months now, and he's only played 8 games of footy.

Simpson could've chipped them over it multiple times but i feel the apparent connection to The West Australian via 7 West media or whatever it is to the club, means WCE doesn't directly pot them about it. There's an agreement there or something.

I legit have no idea how he/his family or the club haven't taken legal action against them by now.

It's gone from odd to silly to excessive to a meme to accepted to silly to stupid and excessive.... All the while being a constant since what, October/November last year?

Blokes been putting up with Daily articles and quips for borderline 6 months now, and he's only played 8 games of footy.

Simpson could've chipped them over it multiple times but i feel the apparent connection to The West Australian via 7 West media or whatever it is to the club, means WCE doesn't directly pot them about it. There's an agreement there or something.

As I said earlier, better off giving them access to him on a little Ch7 segment on the proviso they calm the **** down with the print media BS.

As I said earlier, better off giving them access to him on a little Ch7 segment on the proviso they calm the * down with the print media BS.

Only they won't. Because they like riling up the general public and recieving comments on all their posts telling them how stupid and creepy they are because it counts as 'engagement'

It's an elite level troll and people keep falling for it.

Only they won't. Because they like riling up the general public and recieving comments on all their posts telling them how stupid and creepy they are because it counts as 'engagement'

Too late to get Willie back to pour more Gatorade into a urine test and smuggle some gunja onto a plane?

The West is obviously doing it as a bit at this point.

I love a joke that goes past funny and all the way back through sheer poasting power. I could even imagine it happening on this very board.

But it all gets a bit grotty when it's a kid right out of school, just give him a bit of air to be a human being.

Surely Nic Nat has learned to Rumba or something. Hell put BT on the back page for 6 months for no reason, now that's a bit - take my money.

Legal action based on what grounds?

On your last paragraph, the last thing we should do is go to war and start a public spat with the west over their coverage of Harley.

That won’t end well for us as a club, or for Harley.

The only thing we can do is manage its impact on Harley and keep check on how “big” it all gets, which is why I was annoyed TB was giving the media ready to go headlines leading into the Richmond game.

We need to keep toeing the line “Harley is a 19 year old in his first year of AFL. All we ask of him is to play his role and enjoy playing with his mates on the weeks, anything more than that is a bonus”.

Simpson has rightfully been criticised over the journey but he has managed Harley superbly the last 6 months, and I certainly wouldn’t want a new coach, or inexperienced coach in his place on this front.

Sipson has mentioned it multiple times in press conferences.

Only so much can be said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back