Toast Welcome Jayden Hunt (Unrestricted Free Agent)

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome aboard Hunt

Regular Season Sport GIF by NBA

The Jury will be out on Jayden Hunt and whether he can add value or not

Welcome aboard Jayden!

I like the pickup as I think he improves the list and that’s something we should be striving for each and every offseason regardless of where we finished on the ladder.

Just listened to him on 6PR

Said that he’d played more of a lockdown role at Melbourne this year and discussions with West Coast were centred around him being an attacking half back

Just listened to him on 6PR

Said that he’d played more of a lockdown role at Melbourne this year and discussions with West Coast were centred around him being an attacking half back
Cole back is good cause he will be our main small/mid size lockdwon defender. Good that Hunt can do both roles.

Duggan a few years back was a great lockdown defender but recently has had opponents get a hold of him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some phantoms had him in the top 10 free agents, so this is a good F.A pick up. 👌
Free is good.

Dumbness aside, we're slow and just had our best tackler retire so you can't complain at a free agent with that skill set.
Had a pretty ordinary year though, so he'll fit right in.

Don't care for the age argument tbh. The average career is 3 or 4 years which he has in him at least so for the price I think we've done well.

Simmo knows we need run and carry off the backline and through the middle but we can't wait until we have the cattle to start finetuning a new gameplan. Hunt gives us that opportunity to experiment next year and find out what works for us. If we end up with a jet young half back in the next few years we will have got a headstart on how to utilise them.

Welcome board Jayden

Good get for free

Also comforts me to think our coaches and recruiters were aware we lacked pace and dare - as it far from looked like we gave a :poo: about that during the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back