Toast Welcome to West Coast pick 43 - Tom Barrass

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Barissta. I like that we've drafted Barrass and it's a look post Glassy but there's a bit of treperdation for me also.

Currently I'm concerned we could have another Swift situation on our hands if he realises he can get a lot more money in a profession instead of being a professional athlete like losing Swift to Medicine.

His a smart kid and i think was looking to start/ already started an engineering degree

Welcome Barissta. I like that we've drafted Barrass and it's a look post Glassy but there's a bit of treperdation for me also.

Currently I'm concerned we could have another Swift situation on our hands if he realises he can get a lot more money in a profession instead of being a professional athlete like losing Swift to Medicine.

His a smart kid and i think was looking to start/ already started an engineering degree

Swift also suffered from not living up to his pre-draft hype and being able to realize his potential due to his knee issues. He chose the smart option of pursuing medicine rather than continue to be roasted by Eagles fans.

Just because you are smart doesn't mean you can't have a career in AFL as well. Peter Bell (lawyer) and Matthew Liptak (doctor) are two that come to mind who had long careers.

Swift also suffered from not living up to his pre-draft hype and being able to realize his potential due to his knee issues. He chose the smart option of pursuing medicine rather than continue to be roasted by Eagles fans.

Just because you are smart doesn't mean you can't have a career in AFL as well. Peter Bell (lawyer) and Matthew Liptak (doctor) are two that come to mind who had long careers.

A shooting star :(

Batista-batista-24620664-576-720.png

EDIT: This was a photo of Batista which sounds like Barista which sounds like Barrass.

But I don't think it is loading.

Swift had the best highlights package ever.. No highlights package will ever live up to Tom Swift.
I thought it was more the rumour and urban legends of the halcyon U16 days? I never saw a package of Swift's that was the best highlights ever.

I thought it was more the rumour and urban legends of the halcyon U16 days? I never saw a package of Swift's that was the best highlights ever.

I only ever saw one video, but it was extremely impressive given that it was filmed entirely in a single game.

I was super impressed with his interview. He seemed to take the spotlight and the scrutiny well and spoke confidently. And he's up for a leadership role, could be a good replacement for Glass. He's clearly got some commitment if he wants to do a degree part time while playing footy. That and an ATAR of 98 can only be a good thing. Good luck to him :thumbsu:

I was super impressed with his interview. He seemed to take the spotlight and the scrutiny well and spoke confidently. And he's up for a leadership role, could be a good replacement for Glass. He's clearly got some commitment if he wants to do a degree part time while playing footy. That and an ATAR of 98 can only be a good thing. Good luck to him :thumbsu:

Barrass was the u/18 premiership captain for Claremont this year so no doubt has good leadership attributes and confidence by the bucket load ,a good pickup by wce

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Powell doesn't look much taller than Main. If Main is189 then Powell is 191-192, not KPP size. Barass clearly taller which is good if he is to be groomed as a KPD.

Glass is 192
True, but Glass is just about too short for a KPP in today 's game, like Darling is too short for a KPF. Have to be a very good player at those short heights now, or you're just a stop-gap. Couple this with Powell's slight build and he looks much more like a flanker or third tall than a KPP.

I'm inclined to believe O'Brien when he says he's 195cm. Even if he's wearing heals.
BaO_S_CCQAAeYrJ.jpg

I think it was a great idea holding off on the Club Champs to allow the draftees to attend. That and iit gave our winner enough time to make it there in the first place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back