Can he clunk it?
What his kicking like ....field and goal kicking
What's his tank like?

I don't watch WAFL,...sorry don't have time all that blah blah

3 questions

Can he clunk it?
What's his tank like?

Have only seen his draft highlights and he can certainly clunk it!

Has a pretty nice left boot, saw him kick with his right once which was an effective disposal. From what I have seen, he looks promising!

When do people think he will get his debut considering our depleted back line? Although it seems to be holding up pretty well at the moment!

I don't watch WAFL,...sorry don't have time all that blah blah

3 questions

Can he clunk it?
What's his tank like?

Marking is a strong aspect of his game. Doesn't try to mark it in a one on one but will try third up if he's got body position, otherwise he does the percentage thing and kills the ball.

Kicking is good. Has a raking left foot capable of hitting long targets, certainly not an area of weakness like it was with Brown or Mackenzie. Obviously decision making is always something young defenders have to learn though.

No idea on his tank.

He's only listed as 193cm on the Eagles website. Still growing? 194cm in my AFL prospectus though.

McGovern like height then? Was a late bloomer in terms of his height. Was 194cm a the draft camp if i remember correctly. Towers over Powell these days and he's a healthy height at around 193cm himself and he looks taller than McGovern as well.

McGovern like height then? Was a late bloomer in terms of his height. Was 194cm a the draft camp if i remember correctly. Towers over Powell these days and he's a healthy height at around 193cm himself and he looks taller than McGovern as well.

McGovern listed as 195cm in both Prospectus and Eagles website. RoPo is listed at 193cm at both so definitely time to send someone down to training with a tape measure.

McGovern listed as 195cm in both Prospectus and Eagles website. RoPo is listed at 193cm at both so definitely time to send someone down to training with a tape measure.

Those measurement are incorrect and misleading.

Tend to believe that is done on purpose TBH. Listed height at when drafted and the club doesn't change it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was next to him for a bit at the St Kilda game (he was walking around at half time in the stands in an Eagles jacket).

193/194 seemed right to me - I'm about 184 and 10cm seemed about the difference between us.

It could have also been a total random, of course - I only know him from a few photos :drunk:

Yeah, great time when we have a functional performing backline with finals prospects and players in his position killing it.

I dont know about you but I dont want Sheppard playing on a bloke 15cm shorter than him every week, especially when its not a dunce like Griffiths. We clearly want to free up McGovern, Barras would allow him to be completely free.

Sheppard has spent time on the likes of Cameron, McCarthy, Schulz and other talls this seasons and held his own.

Not an ideal scenario, but he isn't as bad as you would think either.

I have been astounded at how well shep has performed on the bigger players. The revelation of the season. I'd go as far as to say most improved player in the competition.

Our defence has improved because the midfield is creating that term I hear a lot "dirty ball"

It's true ....if your winning the midfield battle the defenders job is far easier

That Shepard has improved ....he's got footy smarts ...reasonably athletic ....and does the mine thing defenders must do ...know when to spoil and when to mark. He also doesn't fall over - you must keep your feet in the modern game.

I dont know about you but I dont want Sheppard playing on a bloke 15cm shorter than him every week, especially when its not a dunce like Griffiths. We clearly want to free up McGovern, Barras would allow him to be completely free.
Are you suggesting that we should drop Sheppard for Barrass? :drunk: I'm happy to persist with the current set up, seems to be working and Shep and Wellingham have been a couple of our best performers.
I am not against playing Barrass, i in fact look forward to his debut but there's some players improving every week and looking very sharp in our back-line at the minute.

Are you suggesting that we should drop Sheppard for Barrass? :drunk: I'm happy to persist with the current set up, seems to be working and Shep and Wellingham have been a couple of our best performers.
I am not against playing Barrass, i in fact look forward to his debut but there's some players improving every week and looking very sharp in our back-line at the minute.

Where did I say drop Sheppard? I just think it would be good to have a proper tall in there when we are playing sides with good talls. Also give him some experience for the event of the Gov going down (which doesnt look unlikely the way he's going).

Where did I say drop Sheppard? I just think it would be good to have a proper tall in there when we are playing sides with good talls. Also give him some experience for the event of the Gov going down (which doesnt look unlikely the way he's going).
"I dont know about you but I dont want Sheppard playing on a bloke 15cm shorter than him every week" kind of insinuates such.

Who do you suggest we drop then? Playing with a smaller backline is clearly helping our transition from defence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back