Were we actually robbed?

Remove this Banner Ad

And to the OP- robbed of what? I mean really a win against a battling Swan, means in the bigger scheme of things nothing.
What will get good folk talking about us around the watercooler is the likes of Wardlaw.

He changed the dynamic yesterday
I wonder if George would have liked a win in his first game , Every win is important to young players reguardless.

Just stop it, please. You don’t know what happened and even if it was a mistake the person who made it shouldn’t be made to feel worse. There shouldn’t be more repercussions any more than blaming an individual player for a costly error.
I don't give a fugg how they feel - CANT YOU PEOPLE TELL WHEN IM TAKIN THE PI55?????????? Talk about come in spinner.

I think effort is more important for us currently. Amd sure George realises we arn't any good. And in 12 months you'll all look back at see it for what it was.
l wouldn't say we are not any good. Aside from the first 15 minutes we either match or were better than the Swans and seem to be playing better as the weeks go on (aside from a couple of hiccups along the way) eventhough at a slow pace. Improvement should only be looked at by performance and not results for such a young team...No doubt TAO you will disagree...;)

By the way I have no idea how the interchange works. If we were over doesn't the AFL have steward at the actual point who can say no, or stop or whatever?
Its the responsibility of the club steward to be organising the rotations. They will be told at 10 to go, then 5 to go and then 1 to go which was the problem as 2 players came off at the same time putting us 1 over........

Its the responsibility of the club steward to be organising the rotations. They will be told at 10 to go, then 5 to go and then 1 to go which was the problem as 2 players came off at the same time putting us 1 over........
So who counts? Is that an AFL official?

I wonder if George would have liked a win in his first game , Every win is important to young players reguardless.
We've got a great one there. A bit of getting used to the speed of the game, which took him about 2 mins, he'll be winning games for us. Sheezel was right, this kid is going to be something special, or the start of.

Last edited:
Afl and club stewards. Stewards are told at 10, 5 and 1...so no doubt stewards should have been more aware with 5 to go...
With what counts and what doesn't I can't believe there hasn't been a fugg up before.Who decides if its an injury? Obviously some are envious but some must be open to interpretation. How do you do that on the run?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

l wouldn't say we are not any good. Aside from the first 15 minutes we either match or were better than the Swans and seem to be playing better as the weeks go on (aside from a couple of hiccups along the way) eventhough at a slow pace. Improvement should only be looked at by performance and not results for such a young team...No doubt TAO you will disagree...;)
Mate you'll see once I state something I don't tend to bore people with discussion on the subject.

I though do take on board others views, and appreciate your pov. Yes we've had some good moments for sure.

Wardlaw, Spicer, CCJ were 3 new green shoots, hope they all continue

Trouble is, WCE get #1 but trade it to a Melbourne club for let's say, #3 and whatever else they have of value.
#3?

They have freo's pick dont they? Which is currently pick 9, giving them as its stands 9 and 15, vs our 2 and 16.

Ours would be about 1000 points better than melbourne.

But yeah, I don't know for sure how it would all wash out. I don't know if we even go that way, it depends on how this draft ends up looking by the end of the year.

#3?

They have freo's pick dont they? Which is currently pick 9, giving them as its stands 9 and 15, vs our 2 and 16.

Ours would be about 1000 points better than melbourne.

But yeah, I don't know for sure how it would all wash out. I don't know if we even go that way, it depends on how this draft ends up looking by the end of the year.
Not Melbourne, a Melbourne club (the example I was thinking of was Hawthorne). Just hypothetical anyway. My point was that WCE could trade their #1 to some other club.

gonna do fox tv GIF by The Grinder

No doubt the AFL will introduce something because of this. Another North initiative.

A red light or something by the bench that turns on and can be seen by all on the ground that no more changes can be made.
It wouldn't have helped in this instance yesterday, because we had 2 players come off and exactly the same time for interchange number 75 and 76.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back