Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

It will be a personnel one though as well i think. While the bottom six players on our list do try their best, they are extremely lacking ability wise.

Some players with speed need to be added to the list in this years draft. Some small forwards with a bit more quality are probably needed as well.
You could be right, but what happens if Gov and someone else come back and Carlton play even worse? It's just not always that simple. Doch isn't in 2024 discussions. Saad and Gov will certainly help. Swapping some D grade forwards for C graders? I just don't see it moving the needle more than Voss getting the best out of his top 15 or so players.

Umpiring whinging...still.

Woe is me injury excuse re-listing...still.

Geelong and Collingwood are giving 6 or 7/10 performances at the moment. Their football hasn't been their 2022/2023 premiership standard best.

Cerra, Cunningham and Fantasia returned and Carlton played worse than the week before. Collingwood lost their two midfield bulls to join their key forward anyway. It isn't as simple as adding a few B graders back and issues disappear.

Carlton will improve when Voss irons out the flaws in his group - which he will - and it will largely be a tactical/mindset breakthrough, not a personnel based one.
Actually we were discussing tagging... Good to see ur still on your whinging crusade though. Not as if you've been whinging in every thread for the last 2 weeks that people aren't giving ur mob the plaudits u think they deserve... Absolutely insufferable.

Actually we were discussing tagging... Good to see ur still on your whinging crusade though. Not as if you've been whinging in every thread for the last 2 weeks that people aren't giving ur mob the plaudits u think they deserve... Absolutely insufferable.
Like I said...it's really lazy to label me making fun of your whinging, as whinging itself. It does seem to annoy you when I point it out though, which leads to more whinging.

As for the italicised...what? I've actually had people such as Kreuuuzeurns tell me I've underrated Geelong. I've consistently had them as around the 3rd/4th best side on current form, which I wouldn't say is unfair at all - just in the mix. It's you that's been screeching "best team lost!", "umpires!" and "injuries!" for 2 weeks in a sad display of chest beating and indignation.

And there's even been the "God I hope this mob lose!" screeches too. That loss (best team on the day did win, by the way) really shook you.

Last edited:

Like I said...it's really lazy to label me making fun of your whinging, as whinging itself. It does seem to annoy you when I point it out though, which leads to more whinging.

As for the italicised...what? I've actually had people such as Kreuuuzeurns tell me I've underrated Geelong. I've consistently had them as around the 3rd/4th best side on current form, which I wouldn't say is unfair at all - just in the mix. It's you that's been screeching "best team lost!", "umpires!" and "injuries!" for 2 weeks in a sad display of chest beating and indignation.
Like I said, we were discussing tagging in relation to the final moments of the game. U chimed in and made it about injuries and umpires... Again...

Please take ur insufferable peanut act elsewhere, it's boring.

A short story...

View attachment 1982126View attachment 1982127View attachment 1982129View attachment 1982130

I didn't even go searching for this i just jumped to a random time on the replay and this was the first stoppage that came up lmao

That's what an actual tag looks like, not Walsh making some eye contact with Old Biscuit fingers in the defensive 50.

Crippa shoulda had 50 frees for the game
Billy Crystal Crying GIF by MOODMAN

Like I said, we were discussing tagging in relation to the final moments of the game. U chimed in and made it about injuries and umpires... Again...

Please take ur insufferable peanut act elsewhere, it's boring.
You actually turned the tagging debate into a giant complaint about how many free kicks Cripps should've had. Each and every time you do something like this, I'm more than happy to remind you that you are in fact whinging. And then you'll let me know I'm a whinger. It's all good. And you're right, your whinging is very boring.

"lmaaoooooooo look at this totally random stoppage I just found!"

"FREE KICK CARLTON! ROAR!"

sobs uncontrollably

Absolutely pathetic, but hilarious.
Are you doing this in every thread where umpires or injuries get mentioned? If so, I assume it's a full time job because it happens in 99% of threads.

Insufferable Geelong fan stalking every thread on Bigfooty whinging about whinging, complains that whingers are whinging about his own whinging.

Incredible

FWIW Collingwood put a lot of work into Cripps in this match, and it worked brilliantly, it does come across as being a bit sooky WalshisGoat when you do post like that before. You’ve highlighted 1 stoppage. Holds, blocks and bumps happen at every single stoppage of every single match.

Settle the arguement, I think everyone can agree that Hewett was responsible for Daicos for the majority of the night, but in the last 5 minutes Daicos and Walsh were actually going H2H to try and win the game for there respective sides as Cripps was having no influence for Carlton.

Walsh was in fact ball watching for a split second which let Daics get the separation he needed to run on and deliver what is one of the goals of the year so far.

Walsh had 1 bad moment, Daics took advantage , Walsh was still Carlton’s best on the night, but he would want that time back again.

No need to sook about umpiring though, it was pretty even throughout the night, it actually probably leaned your way a little in some of the contentious desicions.

Play on!

Insufferable Geelong fan stalking every thread on Bigfooty whinging about whinging, complains that whingers are whinging about his own whinging.

Incredible
Keep saying insufferable more, it'll definitely stop me calling out each and everyone of your laughable whinge fests, like the one I'm quoting now.

Amazing.

Of course it did... Mr Meow thoughts on this whingeing?
The post you quoted was far too measured for this thread.

WalshIsGood will be stamping feet up and down at the lack of inflammatory language and victim complex work.

You can tell they are going to have to start monitoring their whinging now, unless...they double down? Will be very entertaining either way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The post you quoted was far too measured for this thread.

WalshIsGood will be stamping feet up and down at the lack of inflammatory language and victim complex work.
Haha okay mate. That is measured but pointing out something the other way isn't. I think your bias is showing here.

Haha okay mate. That is measured but pointing out something the other way isn't. I think your bias is showing here.
No...Pointing out Cripps holding Pendlebury at stoppage is 'discussion'. Pointing out Cripps getting held at stoppage is 'whinging'.

Apparently we're not even allowed a bit of to and fro on the Carlton vs Collingwood meme thread without the Meowman chiming in

No...Pointing out Cripps holding Pendlebury at stoppage is 'discussion'. Pointing out Cripps getting held at stoppage is 'whinging'.

Apparently we're not even allowed a bit of to and fro on the Carlton vs Collingwood meme thread without the Meowman chiming in
All the whingeing about Curnow from the Pies fans would drive them nuts. Nothing this year now that he is 20th amongst key forwards for free kicks. 20th!

Our time will come. I doubt any of you clowns will be here when it does. We already witnessed the mass exodus in round 0-3 now all the newbies have appeared like they've jumped aboard some type of bandwagon representing themselves as the faithful. It makes me laugh
So what you are saying is we will all be dead when the Blues time comes? That's pretty pessimistic but about right

Never said your bias was related to Collingwood...
Again, this is very rudimentary logic you're applying.

Calling out a few cry babies is in no way related to whether I like or rate (for what it's worth, I do like this Carlton side and have had them top 4 all season - both searchable in my post history) a club. Whereas Walsh'sDecent is absolutely foaming at the mouth regarding Geelong (the club) especially since recent events. Tears, tears and more tears. And that's all I'm calling out. I'm not going around saying Carlton are going to miss the 8 like a few others. I have consistently said they will pull it back.

Again, this is very rudimentary logic you're applying.

Calling out a few cry babies is in no way related to whether I like or rate (for what it's worth, I do like this Carlton side and have had them top 4 all season - both searchable in my post history) a club. Whereas Walsh'sDecent is absolutely foaming at the mouth regarding Geelong (the club) especially since recent events. Tears, tears and more tears. And that's all I'm calling out. I'm not going around saying Carlton are going to miss the 8 like a few others. I have consistently said they will pull it back.
Not about what you like or how you rate the club - but if every supporter base has threads where umpiring and injuries are spoken about and you only call out Carlton fans it is certainly odd.

To remind you, your post was:

"Hahahahah lmaooooo so I randomly found a stoppage and look, THIS is a tag. Cripps should've had 50 free kicks that night!!!!"

Then doubling down on how very entertained you were at being called a whinger afterwards. For finding footage of a Carlton player who deserved more free kicks.

Not about what you like or how you rate the club - but if every supporter base has threads where umpiring and injuries are spoken about and you only call out Carlton fans it is certainly odd.
They are top of the ladder in this regard. If you are going to do something you might as well be the best at it, I guess.

Busted! For some bizarre reason I adore the Collingwood football club. Even the Neanderthals had better theories.
Na Carlton fans assume everyone clearly has anti-Carlton bias.

The reality is people actually pity Carlton, it is sad seeing a once proud club no longer be an on-field rival.

Imagine if North has another 15-20 years of their current output...that is 21st century Carlton.

Back