Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

Not about what you like or how you rate the club - but if every supporter base has threads where umpiring and injuries are spoken about and you only call out Carlton fans it is certainly odd.
That's because Carlton fans take it to a new level every year

You lose these games because your players and coaches are dumb, got nothing to do with injuries/umpires

Amusing

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Na Carlton fans assume everyone clearly has anti-Carlton bias.

The reality is people actually pity Carlton, it is sad seeing a once proud club no longer be an on-field rival.

Imagine if North has another 15-20 years of their current output...that is 21st century Carlton.
Yeah it would be great to see Vossy turn it around completely for them. 30 years is a long drought and it can manifest in unhealthy behaviours, which we've seen in abundance the past few weeks (all because of a few losses).

It was great to see them up and about after making that prelim last year. The tantrum throwing this season? Well it's entertaining, but not in a wholesome way.

The reality is people actually pity Carlton, it is sad seeing a once proud club no longer be an on-field rival.

Imagine if North has another 15-20 years of their current output...that is 21st century Carlton.
Unless you think 17 other clubs don't discuss injuries or umpires then yes you are treating one team's supporters differently to every other -
i.e., bias.

Ok so my point that you only pretty much only call out Carlton supporters for this is correct? Happy to move on then.
If you're uncomfortable, I'm absolutely happy to. But I will keep pointing out Carlton cry babies when they have their little tantrums. It's fine to put me on the Ignore list so that you don't get upset at it.

That's because Carlton fans take it to a new level every year

You lose these games because your players and coaches are dumb, got nothing to do with injuries/umpires

Amusing

Of course they do - check out every match thread from a Carlton win and you will see umpires being a major discussion point. There was a "Norf was robbed" theme after we beat them by 9 goals this year. Not to mention this thread where all that was spoken about for a while was Curnow and free kicks.

If you're uncomfortable, I'm absolutely happy to. But I will keep pointing out Carlton cry babies when they have their little tantrums. It's fine to put me on the Ignore list so that you don't get upset at it.
Not uncomfortable because I am happy to discuss this stuff with opposition supporters. But if you have this stance that Carlton supporters can't mention anything related to it and other supporters can I know to avoid such discussions with you

Nah, no anti bias at all, most Carlton supporters just know a select few live rent free and post in all Carlton related threads

It's quite funny actually

dont pity us. You think Carlton arent a proud club. Delusional at its finest.

Not uncomfortable because I am happy to discuss this stuff with opposition supporters. But if you have this stance that Carlton supporters can't mention anything related to it and other supporters can I know to avoid such discussions with you
It's not all Carlton supporters, I need to make that clear. You'll notice I've really only picked on the 3 or so that are worst at at it. The rest basically fall under moderate/generic supporter complaining, of which we are all guilty (but if we had to quantify even that, Carlton main board supporters are leading the way). Walshy's tantrums are too good to not point their whinging crusade out though.

So think about it as a threshold thing. Once you get past the threshold, you get called a whinger/deflector/cry baby. A few have gone there and predictably, their ironic response is "STOP BLOODY WHINGING!". Imaginative. It is easier to misinterpret being mocked as being complained about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not all Carlton supporters, I need to make that clear. You'll notice I've really only picked on the 3 or so that are worst at at it. The rest basically fall under moderate/generic supporter complaining, of which we are all guilty. Walshy's tantrums are too good to not point their whinging crusade out though.
There are plenty of people that complain heaps about umpiring not to mention injuries. Just check a Carlton thread on the main board after a win and you will see plenty.

You don't read the Carlton board after another one of their losses??!!! Some A-grade entertainment you're missing

I don't usually venture onto opposition boards. I did have a feeling theirs could be spicy after the Collingwood game though. I felt physically sick and had to leave within 2 mins...someone was binning their membership. Soft as.

I have better things to do with my time then to try and find all of the umpire and injury comments in 99% of threads on BF.
Exactly, we should just ridicule the very worst and most entertaining offenders - then move on. I think we've found the right solution.

The "but everrrrrybody has done that at one stage...." argument is a nice enough surface level defence, but the biggest cry babies will always be called out nonetheless. Compare Carlton supporters after the Geelong loss, to Geelong supporters after the Melbourne loss. Generally much more grace in defeat. Beaten by a better team on the day. Absolutely no guarantee it would be different the next time, so no need for chest beating and complaining.

Exactly, we should just ridicule the very worst and most entertaining offenders - then move on. I think we've found the right solution.

The "but everrrrrybody has done that at one stage...." argument is a nice enough surface level defence, but the biggest cry babies will always be called out nonetheless. Compare Carlton supporters after the Geelong loss, to Geelong supporters after the Melbourne loss. Generally much more grace in defeat. Beaten by a better team on the day. Absolutely no guarantee it would be different the next time, so no need for chest beating and complaining.
If you are talking about umpiring some games are umpired better then others. You can't use one game and compare it to another game when they are completely different. The Essendon/Adelaide game would have more comments regarding umpiring than Carlton/Collingwood or Geelong/Melbourne.

If you are talking about umpiring some games are umpired better then others. You can't use one game and compare it to another game when they are completely different. The Essendon/Adelaide game would have more comments regarding umpiring than Carlton/Collingwood or Geelong/Melbourne.
More so "the best team lost! We would've absolutely belted you if we could kick at goal! We'll thrash you next time! we have half of our sides best 22 out! The umpires decided this result anyway! Geelong were lucky, that's all! They're still no good!" as an angry and repeated collection of taunts. It really just lacked tact as Geelong supporters were not rubbing it in. The second any of this was labelled whinging, you guessed it...the whinging and doubling down on each of these excuses amplified.

You might expect to get this from one or two salty supporters each game. But not a wave of them i.e a consensus.

Back