marvin

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2000
Tired old hack in Melb
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Congratulations Saints fans on the win on Saturday.

A question. Who do you rate higher out of Riewoldt and Koschitzke? Hard to compare, and luckily for you guys not a choice you have to make,

I've only seen them play twice each - Saturday, and 2 years ago in what I think was Riewoldt's debut match (Blight's last game).
I think Riewoldt's the better player today, but there's something telling me that Koschitzke may be the more important player down the line.

Interested in your thoughts.

Good question.

Kosi has more poise & his skill level would be top 5 in our club (not bad for someone 6 foot 6). He will most likely spend his career alternating between CHF/CHB & the odd stint in the ruck.

Riewoldt has the extra ability to be able to cover those positions & also pop up into the midfield & be able to get 20 odd possies & a dozen marks.

The versatility of both players are their main strengths. Injury permitting, both should be in store for long, successful careers.

Both are also level headed, smart kids with plenty to offer in way of leadership.

I think Riewoldt will be more important due to Koschitzke's body already starting to decay.

originally posted by Savatage
Decaying? lol. Take it easy dude.

He has had, if I'm not mistaken, a fairly serious back injury that has caused significant interruption to his career already. He is a big bloke, who plays a heavy contact sport that requires him to run a hell of alot, often on hard grouds, causing jarring through his legs and spine. For a guy with his injury history, this must throw a question mark over his longevity. See Garry Lyon, Guy Rigoni, Brad Ottens. Hope I am wrong, as he is hugely talented.

Apparently Stewie Loewe had a similar injury early on in his career though, and he was virtually injury free for the majority of the time after that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back