Your worst Football Injury/** Not an original MF Thread**

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Your worst Football Injury/

Broken elbow which was not fun.

Dislocated finger in my 50th, after starting on song. Was a bad one, too.

Cracked ribs from diving to tackle someone, but getting a boot in the ribs. Couldn't run properly for a month, but missed only one match.

Sprained my ankle in the first minute of the first practice match this season. :thumbsdown:

Thought I'd be tough and play it out. I got home, walked out of the coaches car, and whilst I struggled through ten steps, my ankle gave way after that.

Couldn't put any pressure at all on it for a few days, but managed to hobble about for a few days. Don't think there was a game the next week, though the day before round 1, I was playing soccer with mates and a guy decided to slide tackle me, respraining my ankle.

The next day, I was barely able to walk on it. But I was adamant on not missing the start of the season, so I ran through it till it loosened up a bit and went out there. Was a wet, slippery day and I was being killed out of defense, not being able to get past a canter. Didn't play the second half, nor the next week, I don't think.

Took a few weeks before I wasn't being hampered, but even now it is slightly swollen and hurts at times, particularly after doing squats.

Nothing compared to some of the other injuries on here - had scarely gotten any injury to speak off before this season.

Not really an injury, more of a condition, but those of you who have had it will agree that it is the shittest thing ever,

SHIN SPLINTS!

I tore my hamstring a couple of times..both kept me out for months.
Also broken ribs and various groin injuries. Concussion or two.

Yeah, im not a big bloke.

Not really an injury, more of a condition, but those of you who have had it will agree that it is the shittest thing ever,

SHIN SPLINTS!

yeah i hate shin splints too. they take forever to heal and they kill to run. dont no if u normally get then in just the 1 leg but mine was both and i was playing tennis and basketball. i struggled so much to run. last about 5 min then i had to like walk the rest.

i left mine for 6 weeks because i was sick and after that they had only just got better.

Meniscus on left knee, PCL on left Knee, Severed achilles left leg, Strained groin........the groin finished me, the achilles was a comeback injury 5 years after retirement. Still got to play in a soccer international two years after official retirement as a player...lol

well i am playing my first ever competitive game tomorrow

why the **** did i read this thread, lol

I know it's not footy, but i tore my ACL playing cricket last season, turning for a run.

Didn't think you could get hurt playing cricket:eek:

They say pictures speak louder than words....

This is what happens when you sprint at FULL pace into the fence in a game of footy.
And boy did it stuff my life up!
leg1la0.jpg

Have had the normal run of injuries, ankles, thumbs etc, but worst would be a few years back when I dived into the bottom of a pack, grabbed the ball, knocked it out and felt a whack to the top of my head.

Got up, dusted myself off to find I had bit through my mouthguard and also my tongue.

Ended up with 9 stitches in my tongue. Didn't hurt too much until they put the needle in to do the stitching. I had the last 2 done without anasetic as it actually hurt less than the needles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A massively bad nipple cripple that ending in a bruised boobs for weeks. High school girls footy...better than mud wrestling.

Tore a ligament in my ankle missed 7 weeks

My worst would have been getting my two front teeth knocked out by an elbow whilst laying a tackle, pain wasn't too bad, its the $900 odd bucks at the dentist that hurt the most.

I've done something to my shoulder, it pops out of joint every now and then, i don't know what it is that makes if happen but it ****ing kills.

I dislocated my knee cap, that was pretty pain full but not that bad, leg went stiff for about a week.

The worst for me was probably a corpy i received while playing club football for Under 13's, this huge guy ( well huge back then ) stuck his knee right into the side of my leg, i went down screaming and on my way down i felt my leg and the was this huge ball on it, i thought it was broken, funny thing is by the time i got to the change room it had gone, turned out to be a very bad corpy, while i was getting carried off the ground some bitch was laughing at me, i said what the **** are you laughing at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the trainer joined in as well, ****en bitch i can still remember the smug laugh and how when me and the trainer said something to her it all changed.

Any how, other than that i held up pretty we'll, still don't know whats wrong woth my shoulder tho!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My worst was breaking my heal in a game. Went up for the ball, and landed a bit awkward about 5 before half time. After half time could hardly move on it.

My memory is shady on it (its 8 years ago now), but it was a good 2 months on crutches I would have thought. Its never really healed. I still have pain in my heal if i stand for to long or play any semi moderate sport.

Saw one during a game after a game of mine. Bloke fell over the top trying to smother and snapped the kickers leg. The shock of seeing his sons leg at a right angle gave his dad a heart attack. Both got carted off to hospotial :eek:

Tore a hamstring at development training. Played that week, missed the next (couldnt walk) but played out the season.

Hurt like a mother ****er and could only run at most 85% speed until the last 2 games.

Dislocated a finger that looked pretty sick at my first training back from holiday :p the coach put it back in and never looked back, nothing came of it.

Dislocated a thumb at a school carnival when I landed with my hand spread with the thumb angled down slightly. Would dislocate it whenever I marked the ball, just put it back in and kept playing. Hopefully not permanently damaged.

MG

fractured my eye socket in a marking contest. have broken my nose about 3 times also and one time poppes the bone of my little finger out of the skin at the base.

all fun and games :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back