Harvey gone

Remove this Banner Ad

WTF?

I thought he made some pretty big errors this year, mostly with playing injured players, but sacked with a year to go on his contract? Harsh. Is this what a contract is worth at Freo? :confused:

Then again, he was playing a dangerous game with people's careers re: injury management.

Hope they know what they're doing...

Word over on the main board says: "Karl Langdon on 3aw saying that Freo are holding a press conf tomorrow to announce the new coach."

This is happening all too quickly.

I must admit I ain't a Freo fan but even I am excited. :D

Either:

1. You've got a big name lined up. Lyon or Malthouse the only possibilities.

2. There is a strong reason to sack him. Either he's done something off field that means he must be sacked (but how would you keep this under raps til now) or he's butting heads with the head of football and/or CEO on something (ie. injured players) and the board haven't backed him in.

Just can't believe the decision, really rated Harvey as the best coach we have had so far (not hard!). The question of injuries is a reasonable one, but couldn't he have learnt from the mistakes of this year. I am really worried about the culture of this club and the impact on players who always seemed very committed to Harvey.

Was rumours of a rift between Harvey and Bond last year, maybe that is the reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF?

I thought he made some pretty big errors this year, mostly with playing injured players, but sacked with a year to go on his contract? Harsh. Is this what a contract is worth at Freo? :confused:

Then again, he was playing a dangerous game with people's careers re: injury management.

Hope they know what they're doing...

As you would know this isn't the first time the Freo board has done this and it never really worked out well the past numerous times they did, except for when they got that Mark Harvey guy from Victoria.
:confused::eek::confused::rolleyes: WTF

One of the gutsiest decision this club has ever made. I'm glad they didn't waste another year on a wait and see for a coach who clearly wasn't up to it. Well done!

I can't believe it...

Where did this come from!?

Gobsmacked. Now I don't want to leave for work!

3AW saying Ross Lyon
others saying Watters

either way - not happy with either...it's a f****ng joke! Freo FC can get f****d - 1 unhappy fan right here...

it better be Bomber Thompson or Malthouse or I can't see myself being prompted to get another membership - sick of this shite...absolute tools running the show! Harv's was building a list - we reached semi finals last season only for injuries to kill us this year - we were in Top 8 for 18 Rounds this year! Absolutely disgusting! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back