Harvey gone

Remove this Banner Ad

If its announced tomorrow it wouldn't be Watters, Burns, Neeld etc with them still in the finals.
If I had to choose out of Eade, Lyon or Craig it would have to be Eade.
IMO there was no secret to hide. I'd say this happened in 72 hours. Eade manager calls Steve, Steve comes to Melbs, Eade says he wants number 1, they agree a handshake and Steve tells Harves he's gone.
Reckon a few players will be shocked when they wake up in Bali tomorrow!

I must be the only one who isn't surprised.

Reality is Mark Harvey isn't a great coach, and Freo can do better.

No you are not the only one. Bond has been contradicting everything Harvey has said for the last month. Freo can do better than Harvey, you are correct. The freo supporters tend to get a bit emotionally attached to our coaches.

Wow. I'm in shock especially considering the injury toll on the club this year. I liked Harvey, he brought toughness and I think the players respected him which at the time we needed. Thanks Harves, you made some good calls on the list and whomever is coming in will reap the rewards. There has to be more to this and I suspect it's come from player reviews.

However, I'll tip my hat to the board if they've taken the chance to get an experienced FINALS coach into the job and done it in a big sweeping stroke.

If it was between Craig/Lyon/Eade you'd go Lyon surely. I reckon he's a smug twat, but coached what was really a pretty average list bar a handful of stars to 3 Grand Finals, 1 draw, 1 narrow loss and of course a smashing. I reckon that about describes our list but our youth is far superior to that of the Saints.

Easily the best of the 3, plus he's much younger and less senile than Eade and Craig.

We won't get him though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, but who the hell is going to want to coach your club now?

Getting rid of Harvey after the injuries the club had this year is the biggest hatchet job since Gillard-Rudd.

Sometimes it's best to keep quiet,

That's what happens when you rely on spell check and than forget. Terrible attempt I'll be honest.

On topic. Hope they release a statement saying who the coach is tomorrow. Very interesting times ahead for Fremantle supporters. Everything points towards Eade.

EDIT: So his manager has no idea what their on about ? **** knows what's going on, can't be someone from a team still in the finals surely. Ross Lyon next ?

He has been lured out of retirement by his old coach and has signed a 3 year deal with GWS to give on field support to the gun youngsters in Cornes, McDonald, Power and Brogan etc.;)

Just announced that the new coach is Peter Bell

*announcement didn't actually happen but I still think it will be Bell.

Whispers earlier in the week about the Clark vs OMeara dispute.

Harvey wanted Clark for the quick fix, footy department wanted the class of OMeara.

Could it have blown up over this? Harvey giving the impression he didn't have long term vision?

Honestly, after this year i was convinced that Harvs wasn't the person to take this club further and thought he would get the sack next year after another failed year. The decision to sack him now is ballsy and could be the start of something great for Fremantle. However, if the new coach isn't Malthouse, Roos or another successful coach, but a proven failure e.g Eade, Craig then we could be staring at another giant fcuk up. At least for the moment im excited!

I think as a club whoever comes in needs to continue to draft and develop young players and not sell our future to get another finals appearance. We have sold our future since the clubs inception until Harvey came in. Even now we are still suffering from the Connelly years. We need a declaration from our future coach that they will not put their self interest and short-term gain infront of the sustained success of our club.

Sorry, but who the hell is going to want to coach your club now?

Getting rid of Harvey after the injuries the club had this year is the biggest hatchet job since Gillard-Rudd.

+1

The sort of thing you'd expect to see from two nuffies who have no idea how to run a club...except maybe to run it into the ground. Hope Harvey sues for unfair dismissal!

Wow - ballsy move. :thumbsu:

Surely it wouldn't be Eade? That's taking a step back IMO.

If it's Malthouse, that would be amazing for Fremantle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back