Harvey gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had word from a mate who has some " inner " dealings with the club who tells me that it is Ross Lyon.
Am in shock with the whole thing but Lyon would be all good with me.

All the best to Harve's . Was a good bloke in my mind & I wish him all the best.

on sen brad hardie says harvey was told the club had an opportunity too good to pass up so they had to move harves on
if thats the case i'm pissed

Whispers earlier in the week about the Clark vs OMeara dispute.

Harvey wanted Clark for the quick fix, footy department wanted the class of OMeara.

Could it have blown up over this? Harvey giving the impression he didn't have long term vision?

What I was thinking too.

Harvey wanting results with his eyes on the short term. Playing guys underdone, Mitch Clark over O'merea etc.

Bondy and Rosich having enough.

Maybe Mundy missing the start of '12 was the final straw? Probably not.

This sh#t is crazy though. I was nailing my study and assignments before I heard this announcement. There goes my productivity for the next two days :rolleyes:

Brad Hardie has spoken to Harvey ,

Said Harvey believes it is Ross Lyon

Brad Hardie has spoken to Eade , said Eade said it is not him

St Kilda about to release a statement

I'm sure there will be plenty of people lining up to take your seats if the club pull off a coup and sign Lyon.

I would have mixed emotions about Ross Lyon coaching our team. What if he turned our playing style into the boring, chokehold style that the Saints play with? I would keep my membership of coarse but I would be a tad nervous. But if he took us into a grand final I wouldn't care.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

on sen brad hardie says harvey was told the club had an opportunity too good to pass up so they had to move harves on
if thats the case i'm pissed

a) that just does not sound classy at all (regardless on whether it's the right move forward)

b) would Lyon or Eade fit that bill? Too good to pass sounds more like a premiership coach to me. <<wishful thinking>>

exciting times for Freo, rated them very highly this year but injuries and also a loss of desire was the main problem and Harvey has to be responsible for that. Freo have a terrific list of veterans but some sensational youth that have the potential to really shake up the AFL over the next 18 months. A new coach will reinvigorate the place and take them into the top 4 next year. Mark Neeld, Neil Craig (get's a bad rap but is a damn good tactician & ingenious in some of his tried methods at Adelaide), Malthouse would all be excellent replacements.

Apparently it is Ross Lyon;

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/09/15/lyon-to-replace-harvey-at-dockers/

Lyon resigned as St Kilda coach at 5pm Melbourne time on Thursday after he accepted Fremantle’s lucrative five-year appointment.

Lyon had for the past two days considered a significant pay rise with the Saints and a four-year deal, but he now is expected to be appointed for more than $1 million a year at Fremantle

Lyon will be confirmed as Dockers coach in Perth on Friday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back