DRAFT NIGHT - ALL the PICKS/OUR PICKS

Remove this Banner Ad

PEARCE BIO (afl.com.au)
Athletic midfielder with terrific natural leap and marking ability. He can play in a range of positions and had an excellent year with the Chargers finishing 4th in the best and fairest. he has a basketball background with Bulleen Boomers, which has helped develop his decision-making and clean ball-handling.

Really happy with our first two picks. Not too sure about the second two...

Really happy with our first two picks. Not too sure about the second two...

We've probably got our best outcome possible in a shallow draft.

Clay Smith really shows what Macca is looking for it looks like he could groom as a Callan Ward type player. Wants the pill and is an awesome tackler.

Talia would groom as a long term replacement in that back line, made the All-Australian team as the full-back I think we have a steal at pick 39.

Here's an article on Tory Dickson. Appears Shannon Grant has given us some inside info on this bloke.

Tory Dickson sets sights on AFL via Bendigo
BY ROY WARD
21 Mar, 2011 01:00 AM
NOBLE Park forward Tory Dickson will aim to win an AFL place when he returns to the Victorian Football League this season.
Dickson has signed with Bendigo Bombers after playing a pivotal role in the Bulls' Eastern Football League premiership last year.

The former Frankston VFL player has joined the Bombers in a bid to make the AFL in 2012 as a mature-age player.

Dickson won't be completely abandoning the Bulls; he will retain the side as his Eastern Football League club and will be available for selection if and when he is not selected for the Bombers' firsts or seconds.

Bulls coach Mick Fogarty said he believed Dickson could play at AFL level. "Absolutely," he said. "I could see him playing in a high defensive forward role. I have no doubt he has the ability, but as Bendigo coach Shannon Grant said, there are no guarantees, it is up to Tory now."

The Bulls were able to recruit Dickson when work and family commitments made it too hard from him to continue with Frankston.

"This opportunity was too good for him to pass up and we wish him well," Fogarty said. "But I still think we will see him on field for us when the Bombers have a bye, so he could still play a big role for us this year."

Bulls recruit and former Hawthorn player Beau Dowler looks the likely replacement for Dickson as a key forward.

"AFL Draft Pick #57 - We've gone for another big body, 24 year-old Tory Dickson"... Wonder if that pick was a conservative selection, eh? *boom-tish* ;).

Draft Night never really grabs me tbh. Every club, and fans from every club, think they've garnered an impressive battery of talent who will eventually lead them to the promised land. But for every Chris Judd there's a few Richard Tamblings. And also, look how late the likes of Brian Lake and Chris Grant were picked up!

Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing how these lads develop :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least one grandson of a 54'er ruckman is going to something more then just troll the club!

What number was Harvey Stevens? If he can't get that number please chuck him into the number 18

I read that story about Talia and Harvey Stevens on the Superfooty website. Hopefully he does well. Calder Cannons have a lot of good players and also this year Eastern Ranges the team closest to me have got lots of good young talent such as Hayden Croizer who went to Fremantle and who my brother has spoken to a few times.

At least one grandson of a 54'er ruckman is going to something more then just troll the club!

What number was Harvey Stevens? If he can't get that number please chuck him into the number 18
Stevens number was 32.
Unless Vez wants to change, looks like Talia will have his own number.

Michael Talia, younger brother of Daniel Talia, both benefited early in their careers by coming through the great Assumption College factory. some (including his coach at Assumption College - Ray Carroll) rated him better than his brother Daniel who was pick 13 for Adelaide in the 2009 draft.

Has a bit of an attitude, which hopefully Macca will knock out of him.

However, takes after his grandad, and follow and loves the bulldogs.

I see that neither of the Frost brothers were taken. If we can get either (or even both of them) as rookies then we could have some actual young KPD stocks.

"AFL Draft Pick #57 - We've gone for another big body, 24 year-old Tory Dickson"... Wonder if that pick was a conservative selection, eh? *boom-tish* ;).

Draft Night never really grabs me tbh. Every club, and fans from every club, think they've garnered an impressive battery of talent who will eventually lead them to the promised land. But for every Chris Judd there's a few Richard Tamblings. And also, look how late the likes of Brian Lake and Chris Grant were picked up!

Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing how these lads develop :thumbsu:

Errr, I think you've got that wrong, some bulldogs fans always think we've picked crap players.

the amount of complaining on the facebook page is annoying.
People should be happy with the result we got for a pretty weak draft (GWS involvement)

Our FB page is horrible. I've been biting back at a few.

One person called our recruiters '****ing duds' for picking Smith over Talia. Then we got Talia with our next pick anyway.

Another was saying we were building a great midfield but won't have a forwardline. Not even recognising we have a few tall forwards coming through.

Our FB page is horrible. I've been biting back at a few.

One person called our recruiters '****ing duds' for picking Smith over Talia. Then we got Talia with our next pick anyway.

Another was saying we were building a great midfield but won't have a forwardline. Not even recognising we have a few tall forwards coming through.

What do you expect from FaceBook? That and youtube comments are the sewer of the internet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back