APS season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

StKevins lost to MGS by 50 odd in a practise match when MGS reportedly had about 10 out[/QUOTES
So did skevs mate half the team was out you cannot take anything out of that game

By the way congratulations to mgs for ****ing up the cricket premiership

GGS got up over 2010 and 2011 AGSV premiers PEGS last week by 16
Cameron Ling on the sidelines in his new gig as Director of Footy at GGS, taking over from Brendan Macartney (for obvious reasons). More big news for the team that everyones writing off.

i go to assumption college and i was watching mgs and they are loooking good. when watching skevs during there praccy games, not looking to good.

Are we talking about swimming or football? Geelong schools no good. Ahh ok, is that why College beat St Kevs by 60 points last year? As with Geelong Grammar they have talent with Scott Dixon and Dylan Weir as big improvers. I can only see Xavier having a big year.

We can talk about any sport really, Geelong don't and won't have any claims
across the board.

And regarding that game,
SKC had outs coming off a big game against XAV. They also had to trek out to that rural stank hole.

Xavier play Scotch in what should be a pretty good game. Can't say that both teams will be desperate to win, but will be interesting to see if they have any new players from last year.

There are certainly plenty of question marks above teams this year, especially towards those that had a strong Year 12 representation in 2011. Wesley, Melbourne, Caulfield, St. Kevin's, Geelong College and Xavier have lost a significant group of key players that had been around for 2-3 years. Who are the players that are stepping up?

In saying that; Carey, St. Kevin's and Scotch are expected to be the powerhouses of the competition this year. If there was to be no Vic Metro carnival, these 3 teams would have the strongest lists.

Carey boast the most Vic Metro players out of any team which is often a drawback in APS football. However, with Jaksch (FWD), Hrovat (MID), Haynes (DEF) and Celibicanin (RUCK), these players provide a pretty solid spine to their lineup. Much like Wesley last year, if these players aren't available the team will undoubtedly fall apart. Also they do possess arguably the best inside midfielder in the country, Jack Viney. But will he be available to play any games?

St. Kevin's have the luxury of having a strong team without the complications of players having Vic Metro duties. This works very well in their favour, and will go extremely close to going back to back. With most of the Year 12 players having already experienced First 18 football, they will be a very prepared outfit.

Scotch on the other hand are a bit of a roughie, but will certainly give it a crack. It is often underestimated the raw value that a Year 11 brings to the table. With their Year 11 group coming through agruably the best in the APS, they are certainly a team to look out for.

Not much is expected of Geelong Grammar and Hailebury, however their strong football budgets will ensure that they provide some competition. GGS and HY are expected to finish mid-table, and put all your chips on Brighton to fall further below.

It would be stupid to dismiss Xavier and Melbourne Grammar, however with the majority of their players last year being Year 12, it is unsure what the year will bring for them. Xavier should finish on top of Melbourne, with Rioli and Merlo set to cause a few headaches in 2012.

I read MGS got beaten by PAC last week.

Papa G, practice matches against traditional rivals don't really indicate the capabilities of a team. Xavier vs Assumption or St. Kevin's vs St. Patrick's are games that whilst are important for the relationship between the two schools, do not serve a strong purpose for the APS season ahead.

This week however will be good chance to see how teams are shaping up, as TAC players will be available and it is the last chance to try players out in positions.

This weeks practice games are as follows:
XC vs SC
GGS vs WC
MGS vs BGS
HY vs GC
CY vs CAUL

SKC - BYE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the cobwebs now well and truly gone after last weeks official practice round, an exciting round 1 awaits. Anything can happen in the first round and supporters get to see which teams are the real deal.

Reading through posts from the end of last season through to the present, it seems that Geelong Grammar have been the most hyped up team on BigFooty. A 10 goal thumping of Wesley, with "4 stars" out, suggests that there may be some legitimacy to these claims. Time will tell, and their game against Xavier will arguably be match of the round. Plenty is working in Geelong Grammar's favour, with a home game, home crowd all suggesting that a first round win may just be around the corner. If Xavier don't bring supporters up and the Geelong crowd overpowers the "Red and Black army", would be very suprised if Xavier got up.

Here are the games for Round 1:
GGS vs XC
MGS vs WC
SKC vs GC
HY vs CAUL
CY vs SC
BGS - BYE

Anyone brave enough to post tips?

GGS over XC
MGS over WC
SKC over GC
CAUL over HY
CY over SC

Its gonna be a big weekend down at Corio, crucial game for Geelong, will define the course of the rest of their much-hyped season. Xavs bringing down the army, should be some good scenes on the sidelines, hopefully Geelong will finally get some sort of support group together, definitely gonna be a big one.

I would like to see some more mentioning of the powerhouse fifths team, that enjoyed a perfect season last year. With a team boasting the likes of F. O'Connell, J. (Pockets) Leach, C. Chirnside and the new midfield sensation J. Horgan, i'd be looking out for those lads.
also big Sudanese Majak Hash using his spicey meatballs and fishy smell.

I have heard that some one Sheldon is at Xavier. Reliable source from a club has told me he has a lot of talent but still small so just have to wait for him to grow. However very good runner. Anyone no if he is related to Kenny Sheldon?

you blokes are actually *ed.. why is everyone tippuing brighton last i saw them absolulty destroy carey, and yes i know carey had the "star" players out, but just quietly brighton had the class of J.KELLY, and christian salem not playing, along with 3 other very handy tac players in max hayes elliot legrice and matthew hooy. all i am saying is, watch the f%*k out!

No chooksback we are not *ed, yet i do agree that Brighton are flying under the radar. They supposedly knocked off carey in a practice match by 10 goals. Both teams had big names out but 10 goals is still a very large margin. Christian Salem of the sandy dragons has been in the best a couple of times, still got nothing on the mighty bloods with the likes of Nath Freeman and Alex Spencer.

Righto pal, well see what happens when Salem goes head to head with freeman and legrice with spencer... Salem is just about the best player for his age in Vic right now..

GGS over XC
MGS over WC
SKC over GC
CAUL over HY
CY over SC

Its gonna be a big weekend down at Corio, crucial game for Geelong, will define the course of the rest of their much-hyped season. Xavs bringing down the army, should be some good scenes on the sidelines, hopefully Geelong will finally get some sort of support group together, definitely gonna be a big one.

SKC to put a fork through college.

Papa G, practice matches against traditional rivals don't really indicate the capabilities of a team. Xavier vs Assumption or St. Kevin's vs St. Patrick's are games that whilst are important for the relationship between the two schools, do not serve a strong purpose for the APS season ahead.

This week however will be good chance to see how teams are shaping up, as TAC players will be available and it is the last chance to try players out in positions.

This weeks practice games are as follows:
XC vs SC
GGS vs WC
MGS vs BGS
HY vs GC
CY vs CAUL

SKC - BYE

PAC touched up MGS and Wesley by 20+ goals. Read into that what youo will...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back