The Sweet FA Wiki

Also can anyone tell me the current playing status (playing Y/N and team curent/last) for :
Snappy!/Hawkpatrol SDR
Cormick
Flawed Genius
Bacher houli.
BILC FUR
Tim Saints
Breeno
Pacemaker
Rojo jnr.
Frothies WON
BigBadBuddy WON
TTG (?) = TRAWP = HAW
Juggalo Balla = BOM
(I don't need final seasons or seasons played, just whether or not current)

Will flesh out player pages for EKA medallists and contenders on the Wiki

The others did not play in round 1.

Added a Hall of Fame / Immortals page, linked with Awards on front page. Added text to Awards page to unreddenise it. Added lists of award winners for a couple of the Awards, eg Deestroy Medal and FR Medal.

Shouldn't there a link to a contents of Seasons on the front page, in similar way to how there is a Players link leading to the category?

Weird, suddenly its there, wasn't there before. Could there be a ghost frontpage showing up sometimes?

Yeah the first page is the Wiki homepage, the second is the actual page related to the Sweet FA and its history.

I've tried to make the Wiki homepage have some useful links and not just be a truncated version of the "Sweet FA" page
I kinda see that. I'd kill more of the info off the Wiki page and leave it basically as links, eg to the Sweet FA page, the help editing page, and the discussion section wherever that is.

Work in progress.

I feel the two are too similar. The outside one needs to feel like you're coming through a portal. The inside one needs to feel like a homepage.

My suggestion. On the outside page http://sweetfa.shoutwiki.com/wiki/SFA_Wiki
Leave the blurb.
Leave the current teams.
Remove the past teams and replace with a link to the past teams point in the inside page, formatted similar to PLAYERS.
Leave Beginner's guide to editing, move to bottom.
Leave Players link.
Replace Awards shortlist with a link to the category Awards (I've made it recently, feel free to improve).

So it'll look like this :

Sweet FA blah blah

The Sweet FA was shearing when I knew him, so I sent the message to him ... etc etc ...

Enter the {Sweet FA}

Quick Links
Current Teams {Swamprats} {Bombers} etc etc etc
Seasons {01} {02} etc etc etc
{Past Teams} {Players} {Awards}

Beginners Guide To Editing
Link1
Link2
Link3
etc

Added a quick Golden Throne page as the fact that it was the only home ground without a page was frustrating me :p. I didn't go any further than what the other home ground pages have, but should Mobbs lend me some artistic license in terms of histories of grounds I could occupy some spare time by developing those pages over the next few weeks.

What exactly would you like from me?

Nothing in particular. Essentially that if I did end up making up some enriched history for any of the SFA home grounds (for Wiki purposes) that it would be fine, and whether there are any resources like the City of Sweet I should know about.

All I'd like to see would be placement on the map(s) available, and a sense that it's a tribal suburban league. Simply because tribal suburban has much more flavour. But just use your imagination with the Golden Throne, and maybe clue me in if you wanted to work on the others.

Will the podcasts be archived? If so, would be a good idea to get them done, instead of deciding on it 100 podcasts on it and then having to get some poor sod (@Mobbenfuhrer) to collate it all.

What are thoughts on interviews being added onto players wiki's?

And would be good to have a head to head page of stats, pretty much like those stats that Mobbs has been posting.

Will the podcasts be archived? If so, would be a good idea to get them done, instead of deciding on it 100 podcasts on it and then having to get some poor sod (@Mobbenfuhrer) to collate it all.

What are thoughts on interviews being added onto players wiki's?
These can (and should) be done.
And would be good to have a head to head page of stats, pretty much like those stats that Mobbs has been posting.

That's a good idea, the Stats: pages have been underutilised so far.

These can (and should) be done.

That's a good idea, the Stats: pages have been underutilised so far.

If you set up the pages, I don't mind doing the podcast and interviews one.

Back