80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
'Tis a good course. Fairly lucky to live so close to it. You playing morning or arvo? I haven't played for a few weeks so I'm actually pretty keen.

There's a 4BBB on Sunday as well I think I might have a crack at. Depending if I have a half decent round Saturday :rolleyes:
8am sat, 830 Sunday
What do u play off

8am sat, 830 Sunday
What do u play off

I play off 24. Only been playing seriously for about 6 months.

Got a few mates who got me into it who play off 2, 12 & 16 respectively.

What do you play off?

What do you play off?

Off 7.8 at the moment, only joined a club 12 months ago but played socially (once every 4 - 6 weeks) for about 15 years before that

What do you play off?

Beers tomorrow?

just finished a quick 18,,,, shot 78 off the black tees, windy as hell up here

Beers tomorrow?

just finished a quick 18,,,, shot 78 off the black tees, windy as hell up here

Yeah mate sounds delish.

Very windy up here today! Had a footy practice match and it made the kicking average!

Been playing once a week over the last month and have been hitting mid 40's over 9 holes consistently ever since I took the driver out of the bag. Never thought it would have such a positive influence, just need a bit more distance now!!

Been playing once a week over the last month and have been hitting mid 40's over 9 holes consistently ever since I took the driver out of the bag. Never thought it would have such a positive influence, just need a bit more distance now!!

Use the driver

Use the driver
Rather keep the ball in play over an extra few meters off the tee at this stage. If my iron shots were a bit more pure I would be getting the distance I want. Practice makes perfect I suppose.

Only just noticed this thread. Nice work!

I don't play often enough to have a handicap, but I thought I'd get in on the act - here's my scorecard from my round at The Cut, south of Perth, two Sundays ago. Took 12 shots off my previous best at the course, even though I hadn't picked up my clubs in five months.

Capture_zpsda30d2dd.jpg

Not sure how to enter penalty shots into Golfshot on the Android app, but there were five drop shots on the day, including one on the 12th which I still managed to get up and down for par.

Only just noticed this thread. Nice work!

I don't play often enough to have a handicap, but I thought I'd get in on the act - here's my scorecard from my round at The Cut, south of Perth, two Sundays ago. Took 12 shots off my previous best at the course, even though I hadn't picked up my clubs in five months.

Capture_zpsda30d2dd.jpg

Not sure how to enter penalty shots into Golfshot on the Android app, but there were five drop shots on the day, including one on the 12th which I still managed to get up and down for par.

pretty sure theres an option to add penalty shots....or at least simply just enter the number of shots in total (incl penalties)

The Cut is a great course. Very challenging. Shooting a 93 if you barely play is pretty good going mate. Something to work with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

keep it up. it's a good exercise in self control.

also, pure irons or no, learn your current tendencies and play to them accordingly. keep track of every shot for several rounds. track whether you miss greens short/long and left/right. once you adjust your aim and club selection you should be able to cut several strokes from your game right away.

have done that before (2nd spot). but mate in pro shop called me and advised.

Luckily only positions 1 to 3 get a voucher prize. 4th to (I don't even know what position) only get a ball. If I had been down from a voucher I would have cried.

keep it up. it's a good exercise in self control.

also, pure irons or no, learn your current tendencies and play to them accordingly. keep track of every shot for several rounds. track whether you miss greens short/long and left/right. once you adjust your aim and club selection you should be able to cut several strokes from your game right away.

Cheers mate, yeah I have found I am playing heaps better, played last week and hit a mid 90's for the first time ever so really happy about that. So the driver will stay away at this stage.

I have noticed I have been 1 club short on most of my approaches, so will be trying to fix up that aspect as well as I can miss a few approach shots from roughly 50-100m out from the green. All about practice in the end!

I've seen people who literally can't hit a driver as they have 0 confidence having stopped it to lower their scores. Most drivers now you can change the settings for loft and lie to compensate for slice or w/e to give yourself more confidence.

^ that reminds me, played with a guy in a comp a few weeks back. He was taking gimmies (which isn't usually kocher but w/e) but not actually counting the extra shot thinking gimmie meant it was close enough to the hole may as well have gone in. Massive facepalms were had.

^ that reminds me, played with a guy in a comp a few weeks back. He was taking gimmies (which isn't usually kocher but w/e) but not actually counting the extra shot thinking gimmie meant it was close enough to the hole may as well have gone in. Massive facepalms were had.

instant disqualification. no such thing as gimmies in comp (unless you are playing with close, really close mates). but even then, gimmies are for social golfers

instant disqualification. no such thing as gimmies in comp (unless you are playing with close, really close mates). but even then, gimmies are for social golfers

Depends who is in your group. I honestly don't really care so long as its not ridiculous. I've only ever taken a gimmie once and it was forced. The guy said I'll give you that one and hit my ball towards me without so much as a second thought.

Some of the older guys take them because they don't want to bend down to pick up the ball.

Some people take them with the (IMO) misguided belief that it speeds up play when it really doesn't all that much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back