SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

well...that escalated quickly.

Anyway Round 2 Tips
A number of teams will be taking a good hard look at their team following the results on the weekend. Should be a good round of footy.

Endeavour Hills a really good chance to go back to back wins here which, and correct me if im wrong, would be the first time they have gotten back to back wins since formation.

Lyndale v Dandenong
Endeavour Hills v Hallam
South Yarra v Black Rock
Mt Waverley
v Ashwood
Carrum v Sandown

Stats are easy to find, Taylor played less than half the season last year but polled in the top 15 for the league B&F.

Thought Stacey played more than 1 but know he played around 10 the year before that and played in that back to back undefeated premiership team, will bring a winning culture with him.. and still a
fair effort to crack a senior division 2 side noe
playing division 1.

Would like to know if and how much Mt Waverley had to offer him to leave?

Anyway round 2 tips.
Lyndale - 16
Hallam - 4
Black Rock - 28
Mt Waverley - 68
CPL - 32

Wet weather might play an influence on results this week ? Any comment from Sandown,Ashwood or Dandy on there results and any comment from End Hills on how they won.

Hahaha burnnnnn

haha we are under no illusions it was only RD1, we expect Dandy to give us a much harder game next time.

We all know it's CPL's Premiership to lose, challenged closely by Black Rock, then Sandown at 3rd,
hopefully we have a bit of luck with injuries and form, and hope to be challenging for a finals spot when it gets to the busy end of the season.

Not sure who 'localfoots' is, or if even he is a Mt Waverley supporter, he does seem to know how to use the internet though and look up players.

Well done to Endeavor Hills on a great win.

As for Mount - Dandy will tell you they were missing a fair few players, there were plenty of new faces in their line-up. And aside from that one tall player being a knobber as usual they were good blokes.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

You would hope that comment didn't come from a CPL supporter/ player. They lost one last year and are red hot faviroutes to win it this year, pressure is all on them. With the noise they've made in the pre season anything less would be pretty embarrassing. Back to back GF losses puts them in the same category as Mt Waverley. Chokers

I wouldn't be too concerned how Mouritz/Moor/Barr play in Rd 1. No forward in 3rd Div will get hold of Moor come finals time and Moura will be dominating soon enough. If Barr is fit, will terrorise opposition Ruckman/CHB's.

Cpl, mount wav, black rock and lyndale all with big wins! End hills also have there second win on the trot. I watched the south Yarra and black rock games yesterday, I don't believe south Yarra will make the finals

What is with Sandown & Dandenong? Bottom of the table after 2 rounds winless and hopeless and a percentage that will be hard to come back from. Hard to see either making finals.

My Waverley showed that last week wasn't just a once off steam rolling another finals team from last year. Very impressive and from what I've
heard all there new pick ups in the best again.
Gough kicked 10? Puts him on 16 after 2 rounds

CPL did it easily over Sandown as did Lyndale and Black Rock.

Congrats to Endeavor Hills on their 2nd win, haven't played anyone decent yet but they have obviously improved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

south yarra were 1 point down at 3 qtr time but black rock finished way too stong if pensioners like kelly spratt r getting a game then they r going nowhere cory durie and number 3 were the difference

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Congrats to Endeavour Hills, starting the year with 2 wins is a great start for any club but to do it after a winless season the previous year is a pretty big achievement.

Round 2 has definitely drawn a line in the sand between the top and bottom teams. Seems to be CPL, Mt Waverley, Lyndale, Black Rock and then the rest. I know its early on by I have already lost faith on for my ladder prediction!

I missed the End Hills v Hallam game on the weekend but saw the Ashwood game the week before. With a new coach, the players seem to have a new lease on their football. We have a few players back who missed the majority of last year injured, have recruited a few players who fill the holes we were missing last year, as well as a few positional changes has helped. With a few more players still to come into our senior side, dont be surprised if we notch up a few more victories in the upcoming weeks.
In terms of what we have seen and heard,
- CPL are the side to beat with Mount chasing. (will grand final day them down?... yet again)
- Lyndale have opened the cheque book again. and look to have improved more on last year. I definatley see them playing finals.
- Havent heard or really know anything about South Yarra or Black rock,
- As i said, i missed the hallam game so cant comment on them
- Dandy and Sandown appear to have lost a few players, weather their new recruits take time to gel, only time will tell. Look forward to seeing them play
- Ashwood looked like they had lost a few players and lost some pace. Not sure weather they had some injuries or not.

I'm on the Committee (and in a key position), and there was no "meeting with several Mt Waverley officials over the weekend".
Only "meetings" that went on, were either:
1. Half-time committee meeting lunch between us and Ashwood's Committee (which nothing was said of us "supposedly" paying players, trying to get to Div 1 or moving to the EFL in 5 years). All that was spoken about was the usual stuff:
(a) preseason numbers
(b) How'd we go Rd 1 and how Dandy's teams looked
(c) Some of the new players in our 1's (who were currently playing well) and where they came from (which none get paid for playing FYI).
Just usual banter.
2. The only other "meeting" was our President having to leave half-way through the Seniors to go talk to a potential sponsor.

Let's just get somethings straight before all your imaginations run wild:
1. We don't pay players to play Football (one of our new recruits is Coaching our Thirds, which is the main reason he came to the club as his previous club had no coaching roles for him and he wants the experience).
2. Of course our long-term goal on-field is to reach Div 1 (it should be EVERY clubs on-field goal!)
3. The club in the past has looked and researched into moving into the EFL, because based on our geographical location, we are just as close, if not closer to majority EFL clubs than we are SFL clubs. But we voted against it numerous times as we are happy in the SFL and the rivalries etc we have established in this league.
4. Of course we want to win this years Premiership - but as I have stated in earlier posts, It's early in the season, injuries and form plays a massive part.
Despite two solid wins in our Seniors so far, we won't know where we stand until we play every team at least once.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if anything your saying is true what does it matter? There is no evidence to say they can't win the premiership by a margin or compete in the EFL. They have smashed 2 finals teams from last year by 120-130 points, both very significant results.

Would be good if you could back up your claims with some names. You seem to know so much how hard is it to name the people involved in these imaginary meetings you were involved in

2011 when Southern Dragons won they beat Mt Waverley 3 times. There only losses for the season.

Why not?

Do you not aspire to greater competition or happy losing Grand Finals in SFL Div 3?

If they looked at it 4 years ago, they would of seen what happened to Canterbury who moved to EFL Div4 the year before...and look how they ended up.

SFL Div 3 teams shouldn't be looking at EFL...wait until they can prove they can cut it in Div 2 for a while, then maybe look at it.

If they looked at it 4 years ago, they would of seen what happened to Canterbury who moved to EFL Div4 the year before...and look how they ended up.

SFL Div 3 teams shouldn't be looking at EFL...wait until they can prove they can cut it in Div 2 for a while, then maybe look at it.
Exactly. The step up to Div 4 EFL from SFL div 3 is huge. Bigger than the step up to div 2 SFL by a long way.

b##lshit the differnce between div 3 sfl and sfl div 2 is huge not many winning div 3 div sides make finals in the following canterbury were dads army went they went to the efl

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

I've played div 1,2 & 4 in the EFL and I've played div 2 & 3 SFL. All at senior level, division 1 EFL is just another league of footy but unless your a top 2 team in div 2 the standard falls away very quickly! I played one year in division 4 EFL at a club that played finals, and I can easily say that both clubs I played for in the SFL would have pumped them.

The question is depth, there are blokes in div 3 SFL teams that could slot into a division 1 EFL team easily. But how many teams have them? And how many?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back