The Hip Hop Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Chief Keef has changed the rap game too.

Disrespectful to Big and Pac. It's easy for you to go back and listen to their music now like a critic analysing every kick, snare and lyric. The energy these guys bought to the game back then cannot be measured, let alone in 2014.

Your ignorance is amazing.

Disrespectful to Big and Pac. It's easy for you to go back and listen to their music now like a critic analysing every kick, snare and lyric. The energy these guys bought to the game back then cannot be measured, let alone in 2014.

Disrespectful to them? Bullshit. They're not some holy figure. I love Biggie, Tupac eh.

Like I'm not saying they're bad, I'm just saying they're not GOATs like people think they are.

P.S. N.W.A did more for the rap game than Pac or Biggie.

You hit on the head. People are comparing the sound to the beats/music/vocals that you hear today. I think if these two were to come out today they would still sell millions. If you put some of these artists 15 years ago into the game, they wouldnt have a chance. Big and Pac were light years ahead of their time. Biggie was more of a storyteller, A gift artists dont have these days. Pac rapped about the struggle not only his life but the life of people around him. It brought neighborhoods together as one.

You hit on the head. People are comparing the sound to the beats/music/vocals that you hear today. I think if these two were to come out today they would still sell millions. If you put some of these artists 15 years ago into the game, they wouldnt have a chance. Big and Pac were light years ahead of their time. Biggie was more of a storyteller, A gift artists dont have these days. Pac rapped about the struggle not only his life but the life of people around him. It brought neighborhoods together as one.

Pac didn't struggle.

I personally think Illmatic did more to change the rap game than anything else in hip-hop history, there was a review I read of it that said something like 'if all of hip-hop music was suddenly lost, it could be recreated entirely from that one album' which is a good way of putting it.

I'm not a huge fan of Tupac but I can't deny the influence he had over the genre. I love Biggie and he is undeniably great as well. Lol at the guy who said Chief Keef changed the game.

I personally think Illmatic did more to change the rap game than anything else in hip-hop history, there was a review I read of it that said something like 'if all of hip-hop music was suddenly lost, it could be recreated entirely from that one album' which is a good way of putting it.

I'm not a huge fan of Tupac but I can't deny the influence he had over the genre. I love Biggie and he is undeniably great as well. Lol at the guy who said Chief Keef changed the game.

Chief Keef has changed the game. He's put drill on the map and made a whole new avenue for teens coming out of the Chicago gang areas.

Chief Keef has changed the game. He's put drill on the map and made a whole new avenue for teens coming out of the Chicago gang areas.

I don't know enough about him to challenge the validity of your claims, but if that's your definition for 'changing the game' then every second rapper has changed the game. You may prefer him as an artist but to even think about comparing his influence to Biggie and Pac is laughable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He finished 2 years at Paul Laurence Dunbar High School and ******* went to Baltimore School of Arts and studied sit like jazz, acting and peotry. He performed in ******* musicals and plays. He was also super popular in high school.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/celebrity/tupac_shakur/biography.html

"A highly celebrated actor and rapper, the late Tupac Amaru Shakur was born Lesane Parish Crooks in Brooklyn, New York City, on June 16, 1971, to Afeni Shakur, a member of the Black Panthers. Serving jail time on bombing charges while pregnant with Tupac, she faced a possible sentence of up to three hundred years in prison, but was released one month before Tupac was born as she acted as her own attorney. About his biological father Tupac said, "I never knew where my father was or who my father was for sure." His step father Metulu, to his knowing, was a drug dealer and was on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted List, whom he said was not always around to give him the discipline he needed"

Quite the silver spoon.:rolleyes:

I don't know enough about him to challenge the validity of your claims, but if that's your definition for 'changing the game' then every second rapper has changed the game. You may prefer him as an artist but to even think about comparing his influence to Biggie and Pac is laughable.

I'm not comparing his influence to anyone. The fact is that Pac and Biggie were only in the game because of what N.W.A did.

The 3 biggest game changers are N.W.A, Kanye and Weezy.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/celebrity/tupac_shakur/biography.html

"A highly celebrated actor and rapper, the late Tupac Amaru Shakur was born Lesane Parish Crooks in Brooklyn, New York City, on June 16, 1971, to Afeni Shakur, a member of the Black Panthers. Serving jail time on bombing charges while pregnant with Tupac, she faced a possible sentence of up to three hundred years in prison, but was released one month before Tupac was born as she acted as her own attorney. About his biological father Tupac said, "I never knew where my father was or who my father was for sure." His step father Metulu, to his knowing, was a drug dealer and was on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted List, whom he said was not always around to give him the discipline he needed"

Quite the silver spoon.:rolleyes:

There's many an upbringing worse than that. He had his mum and there's many rappers who didn't have a dad.

It's not a pissing contest, bro. What does upbringing have to do with quality of music? Are you like, 10?

Ahh do you have the memory of a goldfish? Lemme get the original quote for you.

Pac rapped about the struggle not only his life but the life of people around him.

. Biggie was more of a storyteller, A gift artists dont have these days..

P.S. I lol'd at the bolded part. What are you listening to now if you think this is true?

He finished 2 years at Paul Laurence Dunbar High School and ******* went to Baltimore School of Arts and studied sit like jazz, acting and peotry. He performed in ******* musicals and plays. He was also super popular in high school.

I dont really see how that means he didnt struggle. Just because you do poetry doesnt mean anything. He went to a good school, doesnt mean he didnt struggle outside of school. The guy comes from East Harlem which has a reputation. Constantly moving from house to house. He was liked by students because he attracted that from people. The problem with rappers these days.....They dont have to prove anything. If they say they come from this and that, People just believe what they say without researching it. Tupac was a gangster. His father was a black panther. How many rappers who claim they are gangster, walk out of the a courtroom with gang colours on spitting on the camera guys. Abit off topic but Pac also shot 2 off duty cops.....Gangster. I remember a quote of his after he got shot the first time, He said something like "if you going to shoot me 5 times, make sure you kill me. Im in the game 2 and if I shoot someone 5 times, They aint breathing". Thats not word for word but you get the idea of it.

To be honest, Im more a Biggie fan that Tupac fan, But like said before......You cant knock the bloke and what he did for the industry as a whole.

I'm not comparing his influence to anyone. The fact is that Pac and Biggie were only in the game because of what N.W.A did.

The 3 biggest game changers are N.W.A, Kanye and Weezy.

And with that I will no longer reply to your comments

Ahh do you have the memory of a goldfish? Lemme get the original quote for you.

P.S. I lol'd at the bolded part. What are you listening to now if you think this is true?

No one has the storytelling aspect as Biggie did......NO ONE

I dont really see how that means he didnt struggle. Just because you do poetry doesnt mean anything. He went to a good school, doesnt mean he didnt struggle outside of school. The guy comes from East Harlem which has a reputation. Constantly moving from house to house. He was liked by students because he attracted that from people. The problem with rappers these days.....They dont have to prove anything. If they say they come from this and that, People just believe what they say without researching it. Tupac was a gangster. His father was a black panther. How many rappers who claim they are gangster, walk out of the a courtroom with gang colours on spitting on the camera guys. Abit off topic but Pac also shot 2 off duty cops.....Gangster. I remember a quote of his after he got shot the first time, He said something like "if you going to shoot me 5 times, make sure you kill me. Im in the game 2 and if I shoot someone 5 times, They aint breathing". Thats not word for word but you get the idea of it.

To be honest, Im more a Biggie fan that Tupac fan, But like said before......You cant knock the bloke and what he did for the industry as a whole.

Pac wasn't a gangster, he was a thug.

And with that I will no longer reply to your comments

Lemme guess, hurr hurr Ye is an arrogant w***er so you don't listen to him and Weezy is s**t cause he rhymes fellow with fellow.

Ye showed that you can be one of the best without being a rapper that raps about the 'thug life' and s**t like that. He's also the best producer since Dre.

Weezy has influenced almost every single rapper today, he invented punchline rapping, he was selling a million copies in the first week. He revolutionized the rap game.

Lemme guess, hurr hurr Ye is an arrogant ****** so you don't listen to him and Weezy is s**t cause he rhymes fellow with fellow.

Ye showed that you can be one of the best without being a rapper that raps about the 'thug life' and s**t like that. He's also the best producer since Dre.

Weezy has influenced almost every single rapper today, he invented punchline rapping, he was selling a million copies in the first week. He revolutionized the rap game.

Sorry, Weezy invented punchline rapping? Now you've lost me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back