AFL Toast Round 21 - Win v The West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

hurley has found some great form the past month or so down back

heppell 3 votes

and seeing watsons reaction after the final siren- so much love for him

Great win, but absolutely pathetic first half. Funny what happens when we pull our heads in and stop playing selfish, non-chasing football?

Great win and welcome back to finals footy. We may get a throw back to the 90s with a Roos V Ess blockbuster. Hopefully it's more marshmallow than the 2000 final. That 10 mins in the third was insane.

You said something positive about Essendon. Is this real life?

No he pushed with is elbows, not his hands. It's fine if you do that apparently.

A push is a push, but I see you point. I thought he used his hands. Mind you I'm never ever expect us to get free kicks paid anymore, so I was confused when it was paid, that's for sure.

He's gotta be carrying something surely.
Yeah.. looks like he is going at 50%.. didn't help that he got no help from the umpires OR our kicking.. not sure perm forward suited him tonight against an organised and tall WC defence.

Wouldn't mind if he takes a spell next week against the suns and gets himself right for a finals appearance.

Also I have been highly critical of some of the recent umpiring.. and tonight was again shocking.. but we actually (for once) got the good side of the coin I thought. Or maybe it was just fair.. but I am so used to being screwed over by the green maggots.. either way.. it was nice not to have a free kick count running 2-1.

This is my last game before I take a 2 month sabbatical in order to complete my thesis. As a result, it’s only fair that I give a template for the remaining Autopsy threads I will miss.

<PlayerA> was absolutely brilliant today, so glad we have him. Definitely would have been a worse performance without him.

<PlayerB> was also great. Not as amazing as <PlayerA> but still influential.

I think <PlayerC> had a bit of a down game. We know he can do better than that so hopefully it’s just a one off and he gets some consistency back.

On the game itself:
If result==comfortable win:
We played really well and hopefully we can keep that form up deep into September.
If result==gritty win:
Not a great performance, but it’s 4 points. Take them and move on.
If result==close loss:
Disappointing not to get the win, but the boys still played well. Unfortunately the other team were just the better side.
If result==bad loss:
Really poor effort today. Struggled to find many players who were giving it their all. Unfortunately this seems to happen a bit too often.

I loved that <time of the game where we played well>, and the goal that <PlayerD> kicked was just crazy.

If season!=over:
Here’s hoping we bring our best against <following week’s opponent>
Else
Hopefully we recruit well over the offseason and come back in 2015 ready to break into the top 4.

Finally, goodbye to all of you guys. Enjoy the next couple of months, and see you after I finish.

homer-middle-finger-o.gif
All the best!!

Thank ******* Christ!! Up the dons!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A push is a push, but I see you point. I thought he used his hands. Mind you I'm never ever expect us to get free kicks paid anymore, so I was confused when it was paid, that's for sure.

I was being a bit sarcastic. The whole hands vs elbows thing was brought in because of people like Prestigiacomo getting away with murder with pushes. In reality a hard push with the elbows is just as bad as a hard push with the hands in my opinion, but people seem to think that there is a clear difference. I thought it looked like a free.

Overall we got a good run tonight with the umps, and I've got to say it felt good. About bloody time.

Great win and welcome back to finals footy. We may get a throw back to the 90s with a Roos V Ess blockbuster. Hopefully it's more marshmallow than the 2000 final. That 10 mins in the third was insane.
cO0PomM.png

see me in the carpark before the game ....its on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back