Autopsy Hawks vs The Party Pies...cold and soggy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Decent game, although a bit scratchy at times. Schoey did look out of his depth on a few occasions. Career best disposals for Gibbo. Roughy looking dangerous and Gunners coming back with a lazy handful. After the year and luck we've had, fantastic effort to be sitting 2nd on the ladder come H&A season's end.

Didn't mind seeing Langford at the bottom of almost every pack as well :D

Interesting things going on in that presser.
Who was that guy behind RompingWins in the press conference? He had that you're a douchebag look every time the Romp spoke.
Funny question at the end also. Shame Clarko missed it.

That wasn't Rompingwins that was Mark Stephens (close colleague of Rompingwins). Not sure who the other journo was but I believe the other journos in general are not happy with the way Stephens (i.e. channel 7) dominate the pressers. I can see why now.

Last edited:
Buck's presser is funny.

Using the euphemism "not the end, but the beginning" a heap.

Translation: 'we're rebuilding... the next few years will be bloody tough'

Pies fans celebrate another loss.

Riot_Moscow.jpg

115193-vancouver-riots.jpg
Don't be rough on the Pies . They never stopped trying and don't we know what its like to get slaughtered by injury. Well done Hawks but don't ever have hard starts against Sydney,if we play them? We have to put the killer hold on them from the word go. Our kicking has looked untidy lately , that better tighten up too. Litherland is a gun but just needs to develop just that split second decision making , he will be a ripper. Hartung as with Jed Anderson is the future. Love to watch Hartung's speed.
Now just a comment on Lamoomba (or Harry O'Brien) for the Pies , that guy never stops , yet I hear the Fox boys talking about his time being up, well I don't know about that.
From outsiders, as we are at the Hawks regarding Colliingwood , I'd like some opinions on him. And Ball is a champion.

It's good to have such a range of players to choose from but I'm still perplexed as to who is the better option out of Spangher and Schoenmakers. Schoenmakers is a far more talented player but just lacks grunt, where Spangher has grunt in spades but is not as skillful.

It is up to match committee but neither do necessarily need to play. Geelong only have one big good forward in Hawkins whom Lake will get. Gibson/Stratton should be enough. We can only carry so many talls. We will have 2 ruckman in Hale/Ceglar then we have Gunston/Roughead as tall forwards, so gives a chance to have another midfielder or runner like Simpkin/Hartung.

Coming back from a knee reco give the guy a chance.

Must improve next year.

No. The things he did wrong tonight don't just come from a bung knee. Serious issues with judgement and positioning. His lost pace is also a worry - if it hasnt come back by now, you really have to worry if it ever will. ACLs commonly take off a yard or two of pace.

He got outplayed time and again tonight, and it wasn't even a big forward he got caught out against. Jesse White. EFFING JESSE I WILL KICK THE PERSON IN ROW Z FROM DEAD IN FRONT WHITE, made him look foolish.

I've been an advocate for months to give the boy time. But from watching tonight, I think that ship has sailed. You can only beat a dead horse for so long, before you realise you need to ship it off to the glue factory and find a new horse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That wasn't Rompingwins that was Mark Stephens (close colleague of Rompingwins). Not sure who the other journo was but I believe the other journos are not happy with the way Stephens (i.e. channel 7) dominate the pressers. I can see why now.

Ah yes, you're right. I regularly get those two mixed up.

Well thats the season done and dusted, bring on the finals. Started the game a bit rusty but finished it out as planned. Good to see Gunners kick a bag and Rough snag a few. Ceglar and Hale were both good, Lake and Gibbo were solid down back, loved Hartungs running goal.
What a great year its been so far to finish 2nd with all the injuries we've come across has been a real credit to our depth, looking forward to a great final series. Go Hawks!

sort of showed the guys that came in to replace the regulars...will be replacement for regulars.
Nothing outstanding from any of them ...
perception and reality also different .. thought gunner was done, injured, struglling last week and needed another rest..great result..good form
some guys that have been stale starting to find form, just hope smith, (hill) sewell, hale keep progressing, gibbo was a bit of OMG in the first qtr, but great after that..

love watching Langfords spread.. he just goes and they are pointing fingers..

Great to see Gunners and Hale coming back into form... just the guys who need it. Also excited about next year's prospects when we add Hartung to Hilly and Smithy's run. Heart-in-mouth when Lake got his knock as that would've prove disastrous against Geelong, but thankfully it looks like we've gotten out of the game unscathed, which is just what we wanted.

I want awesome Breust back.

Second that. He has been a bit out of touch but is also getting a lot of attention. Looked like Sidebottom was right into him tonight but thats probably because Breuster is the player Sidebottom was talked up to become when he was drafted (not that he's too shabby anyway).

Loved Billy's running goal from outside 50. Simpkin made a few errors, but never stopped working his arse off. Lewis & Mitchell were brilliant, Gibson back to his best (maybe tonight's the best he's ever been), Ceglar continues to impress, Hale maintains good form, Roughie & Gunner very effective up forward.

Spangher (love how my phone autocorrects his name to SPANGHER) makes mistakes and occasionally gets caught out of position, but the intensity and desperation he brings can't be taught. The man's psychology is based upon being on three premiership lists without making the side when it counts. He won't let this opportunity slip without a fight.

Second that. He has been a bit out of touch but is also getting a lot of attention. Looked like Sidebottom was right into him tonight but thats probably because Breuster is the player Sidebottom was talked up to become when he was drafted (not that he's too shabby anyway).

Seemed to be skirting around the packs a lot looking for the easy ball.

Needs to hunt again.

Buck's presser is funny.

Using the euphemism "not the end, but the beginning" a heap.

Translation: 'we're rebuilding... the next few years will be bloody tough'

Can't stand the way the media fawn over Buckley. They think he is the best thing since sliced bread just because he tells them what they want to hear, never mind that as a coach he is a complete dud! He can talk the talk but he can't walk the walk.

question is whether they go with Simpkin or Billy as the super sub? Billy did his chances no harm by putting in an energy filled last quarter from the green vest............
Super sub? Pretty sure a bloke named Cyril will lock that down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back