Who'll get the first tap on the shoulder and when?

Remove this Banner Ad

office_space_kit_mat.jpeg

maybe you a right uncle, but seems strange roll of the dice to delist a young KPD that still has a year of his contract to run, one would think McMahon or Currie would be a safer bet to ensure the player was still available when our turn rolls around in the rookie draft.

thought Nahas played well before his injury. Yes Turner has leaped him but Turner is still young can't expect him to play all games. Hopefully rookied with Delayney. McMahon good to see him being rookied

I just absolutely hate this part of the business. I hope all of those boys get a chance somewhere else. Particularly sorry for Nahas and Hine. Nahas was really good (apart from his shooting for goal) until he got hurt and I thought Hine was pretty handy in his first year and never got a look in, in his second year.

Things look ok in the balance of things.

Waite for Curran
Tippett for Delaney
Turner for Nahas
Higgins for Greenwood (well he was the one that pushed him out ;))
Cockatoo for LA
McKenzie for Wilkins
Vlojo-Rainbow for Hine

And on the rookie side:
Delaney for Tippett (equals necessary shifting of the deck chairs)
a young project KPD
and a couple of Brewis specials
(Nahas perhaps?)

Nahas definitely deserves another shot based on his output pre-injury this year; handy depth at the very least. Delaney delisted was surprising but rookie-listing him is probably a good move. Others no real surprises...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delaney has to be a rookie scenario like HBW said.

I would've cut McMahon and rookied him. The club must have faith he can get back to something resembling AFL conditioning. If he does then might pull a Spud, is definitely a natural footballer.

No surprises re Anthony, Wilkins, Hine, Curran. All seem good people who gave good effort but it just didn't work out for.

Nahas very unlucky imo. I think his fight and spirit lifted our side as a whole and was required even more with Levi departing.

Thought Max Warren showed a bit in the VFL with defensive effort and dash, club obviously saw differently. At least he got a senior game to look back on if he doesn't get another go.

I've banged the Tim McGenniss drum a few times and was unfortunately proven correct. I just don't see what the point of getting him was. The rookie list generally gives a chance to trial players with some strong weapons but a query on the overall product. Think Turner - youth and little exposed form vs potential, Adams - small vs talented, Campbell - small vs fast, Mullett - maybe build and lack of natural position vs pace & long kick.

McGenniss had an ungainly kick, wasn't a natural ball winner, didn't have particularly good vision and wasn't fast, tall or strong. He was an honest, hardworking, high endurance type. I don't begrudge us giving him a shot because of the character he showed to get to that point but I was always sceptical he'd make the grade because of those limitations.

McMahon when fit is a good player, great disposal, good defender.
I never understand the negativity against him, same as for Adams or Black.
Whipping boy.

Firrito had a a shocker in 2013 - looked finished, but had a solid 2014. McMahon could have a Spud-like or spud-like 2015, I'm happy to back him in.

yeah we did uncle, but if we had of delisted Greenwood, we would be using 16, 36, 56 so in reality we upgraded 56 to 25 by trading Greenwood, just think about it for a minute before you respond ;)

In reality, we traded Levi Greenwood for pick 25 from Collingwood.

thought Nahas played well before his injury. Yes Turner has leaped him but Turner is still young can't expect him to play all games. Hopefully rookied with Delayney. McMahon good to see him being rookied

Nahas was unlucky. I think with Turner plus the inclusion of Higgins, who will spend the majority of his time up forward, Nahas was unlikely going to get as much opportunity as he got this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back