Player Watch #32 - Corey Ellis

Remove this Banner Ad

Would've preferred to take Weller first, but oh well, all done and dusted now. Hope the majority of us are wrong and Ellis turns out to be a star.

Been reading about Ellis and watching all of his highlights, and I still can't think of a player comparison/what type of player he is - he seems to do a bit of everything. The only player I can think of that he reminds me of is Pendlebury (let's hope). Can anyone here who is more educated on this topic enlighten me?
He does have some Pendlebury to him in terms of how everything seems to slow down around him and his elite skills for an inside mid. Not sure we should be expecting him to become a top 5 player in the league though. :p

People seriously upset because we paused to reassess our selections?

Holy s**t.

Holy s**t.
Ridiculous isn't it. There are those posters that just sit back and wait, and look for anything and everything, no matter how miniscule, to criticise. Just sad little campaigners.

People seriously upset because we paused to reassess our selections?

Holy s**t.

Holy s**t.

Your wish is my command sir.

OtGk2h.jpg

On Ellis, he reminds me so much of a taller Matthew Knights. Creates his own space, elite disposal either by hand or foot, yes one paced but he never appears rushed in his disposal. Good pick

Bullshit.. If we had done our home work, we would have listed in order the players we rated and ticked them off as they fell. When it was our turn we'd have just had to call the name of the highest rated player left. Absolute amateurs are our recruiters.
LOL.

How do you know they didn't ??
Quit being so logical about it TJ and show abit of respect too @sregit.Its taken him years of blood,sweat and tears to come up with a little gem like this to complain about.

its been a while since we have had a decent left footed midfielder, am intrigued to see how he turns out.
i wanted weller at this pick, but i think we all knew jackson was taking Ellis.
with Freo taking Weller stright after us, it will be interesting to see how their careers play out.

Ellis could be a solid midfielder. he rminds me a little of Simon Black - if he can be half the player black was he will be great

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're feeling down about Ellis, you're entitled to your opinion.

But I implore you to go to the Carlton BF board and read their thoughts on boekhurst....

If you manage not to laugh whilst reading you're not a Tigers fan.
I've been saving that for when I have a nice block of free time.

We can hope that Corey reaches his full potential, as we do with all draftees, as those players that can find time and space in traffic are gold, especially those with a sweet left foot.

I reckon the club leaked our pick to the media themselves so it wasn't such a shock when we reached so far to get Ellis. Wasn't rated by anyone before our pick and would've likely slipped out the top 20.

I reckon the club leaked our pick to the media themselves so it wasn't such a shock when we reached so far to get Ellis. Wasn't rated by anyone before our pick and would've likely slipped out the top 20.

Laverde was one pick away from slipping out of the top 20 as well, yet you would of been happy if we selected him.

Hard at it skilled left footer who loves to tackle and is touted to have one of the best footy brains in the draft?
Why are some of the flogs on here complaining, let him develop in our 2's for however long he needs and we'll an astute cog in our midfield ready to go.

Unless they're gaj potentials you won't please many here.

Bullshit.. If we had done our home work, we would have listed in order the players we rated and ticked them off as they fell. When it was our turn we'd have just had to call the name of the highest rated player left. Absolute amateurs are our recruiters.
Bullshit.. what if there are a couple that are rated about the same, you then need to look at what you already have recruited as that could change your need later in the draft, discussion is then required, why don't you apply for the job if you think you know so much, seriously some of you haven't got a clue.

You must be joking just write a list and pick the next one on it, I never realised recruiting was that simple:$

Western Jets pair Connor Menadue and Corey Ellis to kickstart their AFL careers with Richmond

WESTERN Jets pair Corey Ellis and Connor Menadue will continue as teammates next season and beyond after being snapped up by Richmond on Thursday night.

The pair will make Punt Rd Oval their home from 2015 after they were among five Jets taken in the national draft, capping a strong year for the TAC Cup club.

“I’m still trying to get my head around it — it’s just amazing,” Ellis told the Leader after the draft.

More here...
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...rs-with-richmond/story-fngnvog3-1227137609662

Remove this Banner Ad

Back