Riverina Football League-2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Coolamon looked good again and are such a even side across the park. Didn't see the Mango game but heard they put in a powerful display so they look like the top two sides so far. Great to see Leeton go with kids and get the result.

Anyone get to any of the games this weekend? It was a ripper out at Possum Park. Mango will be better for that later in the year. They have some upside to gel as a team. When those teams play again it is a must watch.
I heard the scoreline flattered Tigers is that correct? Anybody know anything about Gullie new recruit Arho? Goalkicking machine apparently.
Good to see Turvey will be really competitive, leading GGGM at 3qtr time but the more experienced side turned it on in the last.

Anyone get to any of the games this weekend? It was a ripper out at Possum Park. Mango will be better for that later in the year. They have some upside to gel as a team. When those teams play again it is a must watch.
I heard the scoreline flattered Tigers is that correct? Anybody know anything about Gullie new recruit Arho? Goalkicking machine apparently.
Good to see Turvey will be really competitive, leading GGGM at 3qtr time but the more experienced side turned it on in the last.
Arho,,,,, not a goalkicking machine,,, but a good player. Will kick 3 plus a game average in your comp.

Top 4 settling itself? 5th spot a fight between Turvey and wagga?

Few surprise results here and there, that's football but the teams sitting in the top 3 at the moment - Mango, CAK and Coolamon are the teams that will be fighting for a Grand Final berth. Very early in season but just a feeling at the moment

Tigers beating Mango last week has certaintly thrown a spanner in the works. How does that work? Anybody get to the game?
Gullie have had a tough run early but could well be ladder leaders come the halfway mark of the season. Are they the real deal?

Went out to the gullie yesterday to watch them play turvey. Turvey have improved a heap and beat the gullie for intensity and desire and probably deserved to win, just lacked that polish the gullie have and couldn't go with them when the gullie lifted in the last. the contest between Geoff Sprigs and turveys CHF, I think his name was Emery, was good with Sprigs getting beaten on points

Interesting in the DA about Turvey parting ways with their asst coach, who's going to play for Tumbarumba. What's the deal, is it a travel thing?

Good to see Harry Cunningham going from strength to strength with the Swans.

Nothings changed from my pre season prediction of Mango winning the flag. They are a class above. I just wonder how the bank account looks every Sunday morning. Big spenders!

They should have too much class come September. That said Gullie have surprised me a lot and good on them with a lot of club juniors playing. Gullie unfortunately I feel will lose a 3rd straight flag. They should make the big one as they will have far too much run and spread for Coolamon on the big Narrandera ground.

Tigers seem to mix their footy, loss to Turvey, close games with GGGM and Eagles yet beat Mango. They seem to play well at Robbo but maybe lack a few experienced heads helping Rava out.

5th is just a spot for the battlers. They won't make it far into September. GGGM should finish 5th, but Griffith and Turvey just a game behind. All three teams have put in a few shocking performances throughout the year. A good year for a top 4 imo, 5th won't even have won half their games.

Narrandera will be looking to climb on the back of the victory against GGGM. A win against Turvey park next week plus the bye would go a long way to jumping up the ladder.

It looks like Leeton will get the spoon. The signs were there in the pre season with no key signings and with O'Garey missing so much footy it was a tough year. The young players will have benefited enormously from the experience.

Nothings changed from my pre season prediction of Mango winning the flag. They are a class above. I just wonder how the bank account looks every Sunday morning. Big spenders!

They should have too much class come September. That said Gullie have surprised me a lot and good on them with a lot of club juniors playing. Gullie unfortunately I feel will lose a 3rd straight flag. They should make the big one as they will have far too much run and spread for Coolamon on the big Narrandera ground.

Tigers seem to mix their footy, loss to Turvey, close games with GGGM and Eagles yet beat Mango. They seem to play well at Robbo but maybe lack a few experienced heads helping Rava out.

5th is just a spot for the battlers. They won't make it far into September. GGGM should finish 5th, but Griffith and Turvey just a game behind. All three teams have put in a few shocking performances throughout the year. A good year for a top 4 imo, 5th won't even have won half their games.

Narrandera will be looking to climb on the back of the victory against GGGM. A win against Turvey park next week plus the bye would go a long way to jumping up the ladder.

It looks like Leeton will get the spoon. The signs were there in the pre season with no key signings and with O'Garey missing so much footy it was a tough year. The young players will have benefited enormously from the experience.

It's a 3 horse race, Gullie and Coolamon have the experience on the board against mangos lack of and high opinion off themselves.

Gullie should win it at this stage, have the players and experience, coolamon will be better for the last month, mango whilst they have the list, when the heat is on in a big final I'm not sure they will handle it.

Other 2 are just making up the numbers.

It's a 3 horse race, Gullie and Coolamon have the experience on the board against mangos lack of and high opinion off themselves.

Gullie should win it at this stage, have the players and experience, coolamon will be better for the last month, mango whilst they have the list, when the heat is on in a big final I'm not sure they will handle it.

Other 2 are just making up the numbers.
Haven't seen mango yet but while lacking experience in rfl gf plenty of players have played in big games elsewhere. Don't think they will be overawed by the big game.
Coolamon will want to improve a lot on what I saw a couple of weeks ago. Talking to a local he said all was not well out there. Won't elaborate until I hear it from someone else as it could all be BS.
Gullie look good with the young players and narranderra's big ground will suit but will be relying on the experience of Aitken, Gordon, sykes, sprigs and Jackson to lead the way.
Tigers might cause a few problems, rate them higher than coolamon at the moment. Solid backline, good enough fwd line?
GGGM will need to show something this weekend to be considered

Haven't seen mango yet but while lacking experience in rfl gf plenty of players have played in big games elsewhere. Don't think they will be overawed by the big game.
Coolamon will want to improve a lot on what I saw a couple of weeks ago. Talking to a local he said all was not well out there. Won't elaborate until I hear it from someone else as it could all be BS.
Gullie look good with the young players and narranderra's big ground will suit but will be relying on the experience of Aitken, Gordon, sykes, sprigs and Jackson to lead the way.
Tigers might cause a few problems, rate them higher than coolamon at the moment. Solid backline, good enough fwd line?
GGGM will need to show something this weekend to be considered
Heard from multiple sources not everybody is happy with Lew Roberts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back page of the Daily Advertiser says Belconnen want to join next year.
That's a fair hike for Narrandera, Leeton & Griffith!

Been hearing of a few different people that Mick Duncan might be on his way the Coleambally next year. And I also hear that it was Mick that made contact with Mitch Carroll. Very interesting if true.

Gullie playing Mango at Narranderra? Seems like this comes up every year but when you have two basically wagga based clubs playing and the opportunity to play in wagga on a neutral ground.... and am I correct tigers play coolamon at robbo? crazy. I know these venues are locked in ages ago but a bit more flexibility might be needed. idk what it costs to book a ground in advance but why not book both robbo and n'derra for both days each weekend and then move the finals as needed. the extra gate should cover the lost booking fee.
Anymore on Belconnen applying to rfl? Surely wont happen Gullie had enough trouble and travel by the south west clubs was cited as a reason.

Getting this thread back on track, the Crows have signed former VFL player Toby Conroy as well as Mitch Heaslip & Neil Irwin.
Conroy has played for Sandringham & Frankston in the VFL and is a Leeton junior, as is Heaslip. Both are premiership players with Queanbeyan in the NEAFL.
Irwin is a key position player and has played 200 or so games, also with Queanbeyan.

NAMBOUR & HINTERLAND BLUES AFC
Looking to move to the Sunshine coast Qld for lifestyle change?
Nambour are looking for Players to Strengthen the current playing list for Season 2015.
Currently playing in the QFA North.
Assist with finding employment.
PM Snowy73 if interested

Getting this thread back on track, the Crows have signed former VFL player Toby Conroy as well as Mitch Heaslip & Neil Irwin.
Conroy has played for Sandringham & Frankston in the VFL and is a Leeton junior, as is Heaslip. Both are premiership players with Queanbeyan in the NEAFL.
Irwin is a key position player and has played 200 or so games, also with Queanbeyan.

They look like good pick ups for Leeton. Good luck to them. It would be nice to see Leeton make the granny and win it. Hopefully this can set the Crows on the right path.

This is a good concept - this pre-season comp. It will be interesting to see what Sydney teams try for it...and northern victorian teams. What if the Albury Tigers go for it? Game over one would think.

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/s...new-pre-season-knockout-set-for-wagga/?cs=149

Remove this Banner Ad

Back