2014/15 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a bit Ruff ( :rolleyes: )of their coach to basically blame Kari for their last few losses. He is putting it all on him. Way to hang a guy out to dry. And if you do want to trade him, way to lower his value.

Ruff is a fairly experienced coach, maybe he's seeing something behind the scenes and not liking it, could be an ongoing thing and this is another wake-up attempt.

@TSNBobMcKenzie

if you want guesses and poor info try

@RealKyper

He had a howler on the Yandle trade, got it wrong ten minutes before announced, he took a guess.
Kyper hasn't tweeted since then. Reckon the higher ups at Sportsnet told him to can it until today?

I'd look at their D first... it's horrible and so is the back checking of the top line.

I'm not buying that at all:

Seguin is 20th in the league in iCorsi/60
Benn is 32nd in the league in iCorsi/60
Garbett is 26th in the league in iCorsi/60

Seguin is 15th in the league in iFenwick/60
Benn is 54th in the league in iFenwick/60
Garbett is 22nd in the league in iFenwick/60

Their offensive zone starts are 55% which isn't particularly high when you compare it to a Stamkos at 60% or a Tavares at 68%

Not bad for playing in a team well outside the playoffs and playing with a fairly ordinary d-unit.

Kyper hasn't tweeted since then. Reckon the higher ups at Sportsnet told him to can it until today?

Probably feeling shame within himself, not sure why these guys are so keen on being the first one with the news, just get it right.

The AFL journos are the same, patting each other on the back on twitter at being first and then ducking for cover when they get it wrong. Quite amusing.

Is phaneuf off the table? If not him getting trade would be biggish. Michalek from arizona would be the guy id go after tomorrow.

Happy the stars got a 2nd round pick for cole. We dont have one after the spezza trade. We have deaset flopped. Still a chance at a top 5 pick.

Blues get him

What a gong show in Chronno, how does this get to air? :D

phaneuf---Twitter-Search.png

and the day before they had to let Dustin Penner go for very inappropriate tweets. A Circus!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No trade for Mark Arcobello. Five clubs in one season would have been very impressive.

Olli Jokinen must be a very happy man, now needs two more clubs to share the record of Mike Sillinger (12 clubs) and probably gets to add to his six career playoff games.

So we sent our toughest D-man (Bortuzzo) and a good young D man (Depres) in the making away for a former 1st Round pick in Cole and a returning blueliner in Reverend Lovejoy. I am not sure what to make of it really. On one hand we have just said that fighting is not our scene (even Downie is naff at it) and that we want experienced bodies back there, but on the other hand are we mortgaging our blue line future for a cup run now? Pouliot is a good player and Maatta comes back we will have some youth again, but I dunno. I guess it is ok.

Canucks acquire Sven Baertschi for a 2015 2nd round pick and Cory Conacher in exchange for Dustin Jeffrey.

Very happy with this as we didnt give up alot, and we didnt trade away our current core in the middle of a somewhat playoff run. (Yes I can dream)

Conacher, Baertschi, Virtanen, Horvat, Shinkaruk, Clendening, Corrado, Demko etc... Promising future for the Nucks.

But we need some bloody Defence, injuries are killing us to the point we have 1 legit top 4 D player in our lines at the moment.

sharks acquire two s**t players and future average draft picks. Well done doug...

Ben Smith will be a serviceable player for the Sharks. One of my favourite Blackhawks. Sad to see him go, but he became expandable when we picked up Vernette as he will likely pair up with Kruger on the PK. We also shed a $1 Million in cap space for next year with out downgrading this year. Will likely be watching a few more Sharks games now, wish him all the best.

Last edited:
Neuvirth stopping too many pucks in Barfalo, he's gone to the Island.

Interesting to see what the Sabres are thinking with their goaltending in the future, a lot of youth very little experience. Goaltenders on their books have a total of 85 NHL starts between them.

Chad Ochocinco wants to get between the pipes!

Preds have now lost 5 of their last 7.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back