NetworkNerd

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS (Kayo) Also AFL Member so all clubs
Kind of glad the S6 has been released. Now the whole world can see that Samsung is just copying apples design.

My biggest gripes are the absense of a removable battery and micro sd slot. These functions set Samsung apart from the rest of the pack. Now it is just a run of the mill android phone and we know that in 2 months time a phone with a slightly better processor will come out.

On the plus side it does seem like a well built, light phone with good specs but I can't see this being the one that brings Samsung back to the outright top.

What are your thoughts guys?

Kind of glad the S6 has been released. Now the whole world can see that Samsung is just copying apples design.

My biggest gripes are the absense of a removable battery and micro sd slot. These functions set Samsung apart from the rest of the pack. Now it is just a run of the mill android phone and we know that in 2 months time a phone with a slightly better processor will come out.

On the plus side it does seem like a well built, light phone with good specs but I can't see this being the one that brings Samsung back to the outright top.

What are your thoughts guys?
If that's true I'll stick with my s5 as I'm very happy with it!

If that's true I'll stick with my s5 as I'm very happy with it!

Yeah confirmed.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2015/03/samsung-galaxy-s6-plastic-be-gone/

Of course, with fun new additions on the Galaxy S6 come some subtractions that might get a few fans off-side. The S6 has an integrated battery, no back cover and no expandable microSD storage slot. On top of that, Samsung has backed away from USB 3.0 for its data and charging port, and replaced it with the same USB 2.0 port we used to have.

The S5 comes pretty cheap on plans these days. Currently free on the $60 optus plan.

Will see the pricing when its released

I've been saying for a while that Samsung would become the next Apple, you could see it coming a mile off. They built a great device through the first 3 versions and then just kind of stopped innovating, and once everyone jumped on them people started calling all Android phones "Samsungs" in a similar way everyone started referring to iPhones. But I honestly wasn't expecting the hardware would jump like that, I was half expecting a non-removable battery but killing off the expandable storage was surprising. The only thing that really interests me about them is if the "Edge" concept takes off.

The S6 looks pretty good to me, although they did remove a couple of features that people seemed to like. I'll still be going with the M9 though.
I never put my phone face down, but this is beautiful and almost makes me want the S6 Edge

I'm due a new phone in the next couple of months. Currently have a Note 2 (which I love) but I think I'll go to the S6 Edge. Provided the storage size comes big enough. Anyone heard of the storage space capacity?

Pretty sure its 32,63,128gb

They are however chucking in significant cloud storage - 115gb of Microsoft OneCloud storage.

Pretty sure its 32,63,128gb

They are however chucking in significant cloud storage - 115gb of Microsoft OneCloud storage.
Oh awesome. Have never used any cloud storage (really no idea how to even do that - for a 23 year old, I'm really not tech savvy) but the 64 or 128 should be plenty of space :thumbsu:

Any word on when these will be released in Aus?

Oh awesome. Have never used any cloud storage (really no idea how to even do that - for a 23 year old, I'm really not tech savvy) but the 64 or 128 should be plenty of space :thumbsu:

Any word on when these will be released in Aus?

Nothing definite. I'm out of contract in a month so keeping a close eye on it. Talk of an April release.
Based on overseas pricing, I'd expect the outright price here would be around the $1000 mark

Nothing definite. I'm out of contract in a month so keeping a close eye on it. Talk of an April release.
Based on overseas pricing, I'd expect the outright price here would be around the $1000 mark
Yeah I'm exactly the same with my contract.

Wouldn't bother outright myself, I'll just pick it up on a plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Removable batteries are good for plenty of reasons. It's one of the big turn offs with iPhones...

I can understand why they go with non-removable batteries, but I'm really hoping there's some new battery tech around the corner that makes removable batteries more attractive to manufacturers.

No expandable storage however....... that kills it for me. Maybe overseas mobile data plans make storage in the cloud a viable option, but here it's just not going to happen.

I can understand why they go with non-removable batteries, but I'm really hoping there's some new battery tech around the corner that makes removable batteries more attractive to manufacturers.

No expandable storage however....... that kills it for me. Maybe overseas mobile data plans make storage in the cloud a viable option, but here it's just not going to happen.

Optus $80 plan gets you 5Gb of data which is getting close to what we would require for cloud storage. That coupled with Wifi at work and home might work.
That being said I waited for the S6.... Saw expected pricing then bought an S5 for $459 yesterday. I'll buy a good 64gb Samsung Micro SD card. Should get me through a year or two.

Has anyone got a Samsung Note 4?

I've got an iPhone 5c, which I'm selling on the weekend to pick up the Note 4. Sounds like a decent phone from what I've seen and heard, but yeah still unsure.

The 5c is a great little phone. Apple would wipe out mid range android phones if they sold the 5c for say 250.

I don't have a note 4 but a family member does. The note 4 is a powerhouse phone and has much bigger footprint than the 5c. My first bit of advice would be to make sure you are happy with the size. Specs wise it is a great phone for work and home. Expandable storage and replacable battery ensures a good lifespan.

Kind of like coming into a Samsung thread to try and gloat about Apple. Embarrassing indeed and not at all what this thread was designed for.

How on earth is that similar :eek: If this was an Apple thread and I came in here saying Id stick with Samsung over Apple then sure, tell me off and call me an embarassment/ban me whatever. But this is a thread about the S6 and I would rather go back to HTC rather than Apple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back