Collingwood’s Josh Thomas, Lachie Keeffe accept two-year bans for taking banned drug clenbuterol

Remove this Banner Ad

The substance Clenbuterol now the failed test requires the two players to be immediately provisionally suspended. S1 category substance.

My god some footballers are stupid... first Crowley and now this while the spotlight has been on drugs brighter than ever the last couple of years

Absolute morons

The loss of Buttifant has made it difficult to hide.

Wikipedia: Clenbuterol is not an ingredient of any therapeutic drug approved by the US Food and Drug Administration[1] and is now banned for IOC-tested athletes.[2] In the US, administration of clenbuterol to any animal that could be used as food for human consumption is banned by the FDA.

It causes an increase in aerobic capacity, central nervous system stimulation, blood pressure, and oxygen transportation. It increases the rate at which body fat is metabolized while increasing the body's BMR. It is commonly used for smooth muscle-relaxant properties as a bronchodilator and tocolytic.

Clenbuterol is also prescribed for treatment of horses, but equine use is usually the liquid form.

I disagree.

I've said many times: this s**t is readily available and usually undetectable.

Yet people think the sport is squeaky clean

Never attribute to malice what could be equally or better explained by incompetence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha... thats the same of it all....

Just wait... its coming... plenty of players involved when they actually revisit and are compelled to did deeper this time... AFL duty of care to players will demand it.. .
Cheers for that.

I have very little idea what you just said there, but thanks all the same.

I disagree.

Fair enough. I'm certainly in agreement with this viewpoint from the recreational drugs side of the fence. If people think it's just restricted to WCE, Libba, and a few others - they're nuts.

You might be right on this one...

I disagree.

I don't think ANYONE thinks the sport is squeaky clean. I think many people WANT the sport to be clean. There's a big difference.

Not quite, no B sample done yet, We know their names because the players let their names be released.
many have positive A-Samples and not B-Samples.... in trouble and this drug is not a good one... YEARS

ahhh guys, 2 players in the same team. Isnt that an instant ban for the entire club??

No. Teams who have multiple players from the squad test positive can be stripped of points while players were playing. Future team bans would only take place if it was deemed team sanctioned drug use.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back