Collingwood’s Josh Thomas, Lachie Keeffe accept two-year bans for taking banned drug clenbuterol

Remove this Banner Ad

I suspect the findings will indicate contaminated meat which will exonerate both players leaving them to be able to return come Anzac day with perhaps a fine as purely as a warning to other players.

could be onto something

pies had community camp in NZ a week or so before testing
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-02-06/photos-main-training-in-queenstown

NZ does use Clen in cattle
http://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com.au/our_business/animal_health/products_new_zealand.html

be interesting to see this play out.

Just think that in the current environment it beggars belief that players would try this.

Crowley is an exception, as he is a w***er

Doesn't make sense to me.
Clenbuterol is commonly used in body building for cutting or maintaining muscle mass when doing post cycle pherapy.
It offers no performance benefits as in , Strenght-power-energy/stamina, in fact it can decrease your energy levels.
Definitely not an ideal PED for an athletic type sport.

Popular amongst horses suffering bronchitis.

Maybe the players had blocked noses!

What would have been the idea behind Contador taking it then?

Not having a go or being smart either, surely road cycling is (along with marathons) the one event where you need all your strength, power, energy and stamina?

Defo.

Especially if there are text messages between him and the supplier.
We dont even need flimsy evidence like that. If we have footage of Bucks talking with the two players in question then thats good as guilty.

So the players involved say they didn't do it and Pert says they are innocent untill proven guilty Us essendon supporters have had to put up with all you foamers for 2 years saying we were guilty. Maybe this drugs in sport is going on at your club and haven't been caught yet.

The correct term is 'youse' as in 'all youse foamers'.

This is a football forum, standards must be maintained.

Absolute crap. WE DONT HAVE ALL THE EVIDENCE!

If the case was cut and dry we'd know the answer to an investigation that started 26 months ago!

But we know that EFC does not have a paper trail for Thymodullin, so how could they have used it?

Imagine of these 2 Collingwood players start using the defense that they ate contaminated meat, but didnt have to supply any evidence of where or how they ate that meat, would you or anyone accept that evidence as good enough to let them off?

Well. Well. Well.
Well! Well! Well!. Gigantic difference between a club where players seemingly took a banned substance away from the club and without its knowledge and a club where a systemic program of injecting players possibly with a banned substance and almost certainly with at least one not fit for human consumption was allowed to occur.

That isn't to excuse these nuffies btw. They will get what's coming to them. Just not sure what a club can do to ensure players don't act outside the rules when not in their care other than repeatedly explain the rules and repercussions.

hmm but I swear I've seen you post on this board a fair bit. Must have all been in support of the EFC players was it?
Yeah I lurk here a bit, I could be wrong but i don't think i have ever definitively said Essendon are guilty. Generally I just take potshots at peoples inconsistencies and hypocrisy.

Cannot believe that people are comparing a straight positive test to a very murky situation at Essendon with no positive samples. I'd be very concerned if a positive sample dragged out for 2 years before sanctions were imposed.
While I recognise these two events are different, I cannot believe that this is continually being trotted out either when WADA does not have an accredited test for thymosin beta 4. So how the **** were they ever going to test positive?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon's board would have been a very different place if players tested positive. The fact only circumstantial evidence exists makes it unreasonable to demand the players be sacked before their guilt is proven
But neither party is guilty yet. If found guilty will you be pushing for 2 year bans for your players. I will for ours.

But we know that EFC does not have a paper trail for Thymodullin, so how could they have used it?

Imagine of these 2 Collingwood players start using the defense that they ate contaminated meat, but didnt have to supply any evidence of where or how they ate that meat, would you or anyone accept that evidence as good enough to let them off?
This drug wouldn't be in food.

Try responding to the person you are arguing with ..that would be a good start

The app does that on occasion.
Not that it's relevant.

But neither party is guilty yet. If found guilty will you be pushing for 2 year bans for your players. I will for ours.

Yup. Because then situations are comparable.

Essendon supporters "we don't throw our players under the bus, we had no positive tests!!!"

SterlingArcher: reads Hal Hunter thread

Righto :thumbsu::$:drunk:

Anyway, this just shows that there would be players at all clubs doing dumb s**t. And you're only 1 small step away from players doing dumb s**t, to a coach or doctor doing dumb s**t...
After all, you need medical advice for this type of stuff (surely?). Can't just go willy nilly taking Clenbeuterol or however it's spelled. Surely even if you were dumb enough to take it, you would be smart enough to find out dosages, side effects, even how to beat ASADA at the urine samples...
So....

Reckon if we saw a dramatic increase in ASADA's testing, all clubs would have minimum of 2 players caught. Thomas and Keeffe the unlucky ones so far.

of course. Collingwood's players deserve due process. Shame Essendon's players havent been afforded that on here, especially given they never tested positive. They were found guilty by trial by media
Well, that's what happens when you don't take records of your 'amino-acid blends' program for 10 months, hire a bloke like Dank who in turn engages a drug dealer to but the gear, say s**t like we don't know what was given to the players but we know it wasn't illegal, state that evidence of a non-banned product exists but it is a photo of a photo, and try to have the evidence gathered thrown out. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, most folk will say 'hey, there goes a mighty fine looking duck'.

You can hardly blame the general public for engaging in debate on the topic. Some of us are even doing it from a reasonably informed position.

give it a spell. If Essendon's players had tested positive then you could compare

IMO, only having evidence of a pa
Positive tests makes that argument flawed.

Really?

Why cant these 2 players claim that they ate contaminated meat without ever presenting any credible evidence of the meat they ate or where they could have eaten it, you know, sort of the same way that EFC claim they took Thymoudullin without ever presenting any credible evidence of a paper trail for Thymodullin to their club?

We dont even need flimsy evidence like that. If we have footage of Bucks talking with the two players in question then thats good as guilty.
Just show the tribunal Bucks' t***ies:

Nathan-Buckley-5390402.jpg

Reckon that Collingwood pair would've tested positive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back