Player Watch #18: Alex Rance

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't you find anything fundamentally unfair that a guy who gives his all to our club basically has to stay at a place for a full decade before he can peruse his own life?

Your plan is good for you, good for the club, but it treats Rance like a chunk of meat with no respect at all for him as a human being

No, I've said if he's unhappy or fears for his health due to medical reasons then it's a different story. On the contrary, it looks like he's loving it and has a great relationship with everyone at the club. The fact you claim I'm treating him like a chunk of meat with no respect at all for him as a human being shows how much you've exaggerated my viewpoint in your own mind.

As for 'fundamentally unfair' to be at the club for 5 years as a development player and then 3-4 years as a senior player - well not in the slightest. He walks away with an amazing resume of professional skills, accomplishments, friendships, and millions in the bank. If that's fundamental unfair then sign me up to the unfair life.

Is JW jehova's witness?
If so, I'm curious why. Rance honestly doesn't seem the type, he's a bit of a larrikin and I mean that in a good way, he's very funny.

Anyway..Rance if you read bigfooty mate please resign with the Tigers, we love ya man, give it another couple of years before you step away.

No Rancey we mean RE-SIGN please............................................................................!!

Tbh I think this is good news

1) he hasn't made a decision, which means it's no slam dunk either way

2) it's us or God. I think our odds of winning that are better than us versus a gf contending freo and a truck load of mining money

Gut feel, 75% likely we keep him

I don't know about point 2. As a restricted free agent all we need to do is MATCH an offer from a rival club and we get to keep him. We just need to have enough room in the cap to be able to match it.
When it comes to God......how do we match that.( other than crucifying a player........like only spit balling but say Hampson)

In saying that I think it is good signs to re-sign him

Did anyone read some of the other threads on that Jehovahs website?
I thought it was going to be all love for JW, but most of it is criticism. Plenty of members referring to it as a cult.
With all the kids on there calling it out, I find it odd that someone like Rance would join them. :eek:

Did anyone read some of the other threads on that Jehovahs website?
I thought it was going to be all love for JW, but most of it is criticism. Plenty of members referring to it as a cult.
With all the kids on there calling it out, I find it odd that someone like Rance would join them. :eek:
If that is who your religious faith is with that is who your faith is with.

But they s**t me to tears when they come knocking on my door trying to convert me

If rance is seriously considering giving up afl to become a Jo-Ho he is dumber than I thought - I knew he was a strange cat, but to leave a career at the top to go door knocking for a cult?! :oops:

I have nothing against religion in moderaton. If anything, it can teach people morals and discipline, but any religion that doesn't let you achieve or continue to achieve your dreams is nothing but a cult. Wake up Alex before you piss your career against the wall in the name of baby Jesus :drunk:

If rance is seriously considering giving up afl to become a Jo-Ho he is dumber than I thought - I knew he was a strange cat, but to leave a career at the top to go door knocking for a cult?! :oops:

I have nothing against religion in moderaton. If anything, it can teach people morals and discipline, but any religion that doesn't let you achieve or continue to achieve your dreams is nothing but a cult. Wake up Alex before you piss your career against the wall in the name of baby Jesus :drunk:

So it's OK for you to say what he should do with his life but it's not alright for Alex to decide what to do with his life :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rance will be out of contract at the end of this season. He owes no one anything as he has seen his current contract out to the end.

IMO he will sign up. I dont know how this JW thing works but surely he can continue with his faith in his low 30's.
He only has 5-7 years of football but sill has the rest of his life to persue other avenues.

Whatever decision he makes I just hope he doesn't regret it.

Also I wouldnt be against Richmond offering him 1 or 2 year deal that way Rance can asses himself ever 12 or 24 months.

i wouldnt believe everything you read smarter to find out the facts yourself..
That could take a long time, I'm sure.:)
that web site is not an official JW website...they have nothing to do with it...there website is JW.ORG...

Yep, I'm not claiming to know anything.
Just found it interesting that a forum supposedly for JW members, official or not, had so much criticism at the surface.

As a supporter I'd be pretty dark on any player wanting to leave us particularly given the fact that the club has invested so many years (and belief) into him

For years Rance was a very average player but the club believed in him and coached him to become the player he is today...and now that he has come good and we have begun reaping the rewards of that investment, he ' might' want to leave

If he intends leaving..and this story is true (which I highly doubt) then Mr Rance should.come clean and let the club know so we can all move on and get games into a player that wants to play the game at our club

Last edited:
Alex can and will do what he wants, regardless of any post on an Internet message board...

I have just finished reading up on this cult. It appears that I was wrong. Once a JW, independent thought is discouraged and you are to blindly follow what is written in those watch tower publications...

Not that any of this really matters though, as Armageddon has been coming since October 1, 1914 :eek:

Yeah but who said Rance would be doing it in the name of baby Jesus? Them? No need to put fuel on the fire!

Baby Jesus told me he asked nothing of the sort!

No, I've said if he's unhappy or fears for his health due to medical reasons then it's a different story. On the contrary, it looks like he's loving it and has a great relationship with everyone at the club. The fact you claim I'm treating him like a chunk of meat with no respect at all for him as a human being shows how much you've exaggerated my viewpoint in your own mind.

As for 'fundamentally unfair' to be at the club for 5 years as a development player and then 3-4 years as a senior player - well not in the slightest. He walks away with an amazing resume of professional skills, accomplishments, friendships, and millions in the bank. If that's fundamental unfair then sign me up to the unfair life.

This is a guy who cannot be baptized during that entire time, which is a big deal in that church. It means he cannot be a proper member of the church, and his communion with God is incomplete. It means he won't be happy.

No if he wants to leave because of that, it obviously means he will be miserable.

From your post, I take it even if he's miserable, it's stiff s**t?

I don't know about point 2. As a restricted free agent all we need to do is MATCH an offer from a rival club and we get to keep him. We just need to have enough room in the cap to be able to match it.
When it comes to God......how do we match that.( other than crucifying a player........like only spit balling but say Hampson)

In saying that I think it is good signs to re-sign him

Satans been doing it for years, offer sex and drugs and rock n roll, or let him move in with Dusty :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back