Scandal Alastair Clarkson whacking port fan

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel too many people are misinformed on the actual incident. It isn't just the 5 second video, it was happening for a minute before that as well. And for all the people calling for Clarko's head... It was a push, a ******* push, deserves a medal for being human and protecting his private space.

It's not as if Clarko is Kim Kardashian, who has paparazzi and weirdo fans coming up to her all the time and so knows how to deal with similar situations (and has security there all the time to handle incidents like this)... Clarko reacted the way any normal personal would react in a similar situation when being provoked.

wait so you think "any normal person" would respond to "how's it going Clarko how was the win, GO THE POWAAAA" with two jabs to the neck? what the hell? how exactly do you define normal mate

If a drunken moron came up into my personal space, even after I had already gently pushed them away, and then yelled in my face, I'd give him one on the chops too.

How is Clarko supposed to know what this guy's intentions are?

It's not as if Clarko is Kim Kardashian, who has paparazzi and weirdo fans coming up to her all the time and so knows how to deal with similar situations (and has security there all the time to handle incidents like this)... Clarko reacted the way any normal personal would react in a similar situation when being provoked.

As far as I'm concerned, when Clarko pushed him away, that was fair warning - the dickhead then decided to do it again, even worse, so he deserved what he got.

People shouldn't be excused from behaving like scumbags because it's towards people with a public profile.

The dickhead getting in his face is the problem here - and anybody defending him, or seriously criticising Clarkson's reaction should take a good hard look at themselves - in the mirror. It's a sad reflection on our society, and the kind of shitful behaviour that is somehow tolerated these days.

Clarskon will hopefully come out and make a point of not apologising and some high profile people in the media, and at the AFL, need to come out in support of him.

I'd imagine Caro will come and tear him apart on Footy Classified tomorrow night.

wait so you think "any normal person" would respond to "how's it going Clarko how was the win, GO THE POWAAAA" with two jabs to the neck? what the hell? how exactly do you define normal mate

Do you think it's normal and acceptable to walk up to a stranger on the street, yell at them, scream in their ear and record it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another misinformed persons. It wasn't just the 5 second incident, it had been going on for a minute. And it isn't just a fan saying that, he was invading his personal space whilst yelling in his ear.... This is how I expect any normal person to act... Stop defending this idiot supporter just because he is from your club.

Why are people carrying on like Clarko king hit him? He had a drunken bloke, screaming in his ear, long after the game had finished, well away from the ground, and he pushed him away.

Hang him :rolleyes:

I'm all for coaches being professional and held to a higher standard, but they shouldn't have to deal with that.

Edit: stop with the port v Adelaide shitfight, you're embarrassing yourselves.

spot on -- he should have refrained but he is only human....media love this sh!t

Another misinformed persons. It wasn't just the 5 second incident, it had been going on for a minute. And it isn't just a fan saying that, he was invading his personal space whilst yelling in his ear.... This is how I expect any normal person to act... Stop defending this idiot supporter just because he is from your club.

do you have footage of this minute?

i didn't defend anybody, calm down, i asked the essendon supporter if he really believed "any normal person" would reply to that with two jabs to the neck.

Just saw it. What an over reaction.

Guy's being a * stick right up in his face where he has no right to be and cops a nice little don't argue in the upper chest/neck. Instantly says "got that on camera". Slime ball who got less than he deserved.

Ignores the 200+ meters of stalking and pushing/blocking of Hawthorn members trying to get into their Hotel room.

Clarskon will hopefully come out and make a point of not apologising and some high profile people in the media, and at the AFL, need to come out in support of him.

I'd imagine Caro will come and tear him apart on Footy Classified tomorrow night.

I agree.

Should come straight out and say the bloke crossed the line and I have no intention at all of apologising to him. You invade my space then be prepared to be moved out of it.

Yeah, it'd be nice to see all the footage I think - seems the media (as you'd expect) have carved it up to look its worst.

Although I like a previous posters suggestion of every person in Adelaide going up to this knob and screaming in his face, I suspect the attention whore would enjoy it.

Not sure who was meant to be security for Clarkson but whoever they are they should be sacked. Fans shouldn't get anywhere near that close to coaches or players in the hours before, during or in the hours after a game. Than you have his meat head mate filming it. The Port fans had a hidden agenda to rile up Clarko and get a reaction, they got it. Port fan deserved every bit of it.

I've watched the full footage, it's a bit grainy but I don't see a punch thrown by Clarkson, more of an open handed push as in get out of my face, the Port fan comes back at him for seconds there's a bit of a grapple than Fagan steps in.

I hope the Power ban the muppet fans from Adelaide Oval and do something about the security before, during and after a game. No place for that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back