Scandal Alastair Clarkson whacking port fan

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 127945
Trust me, mate, I deal with drunken idiots all the time. Never had to throw a punch. Conversational skills and calm are your friends. Don't worry about my loved ones, they're plenty safe. Have a good day, try not to punch anyone who vaguely worries you.

Calrkson DID not through a punch mate
Having seen the footage now, I reckon it's more cowardly to hit a bloke for a petty reason. A shove would have sufficed. People with your attitude are why people end up with brain injuries due to unnecessary punches.

So you have just admitted you agree with what he did; he did only shove him. It was a hard shove, open handed and in the throat but he didn't hit him at all.

And you say people with my attitude are why people end up with brain injuries due to unnecessary punches..... Are you serious? You know nothing about me and you say my "attitude............are why people end up with brain injuries". good on ya

by walking through the hotel doors where the people on the streets can't go. It's just how celebrities deal with paparazzi. Ofcourse, they're harassing you and trying to provoke a reaction, but once you show your vulnrability and react to it, it's only going to get worse next time.

Why should Clarkson have to adjust his behaviour because of idiots

Bet a few people saw Clarkson yesterday and got a hello from him and it made their night

View attachment 127945
What trenches?

Spook is a nutter, citing the ANZACs and flying off the handle.

You do have the right to protect yourself, but self restraint requires more control than acting like a boofhead. Clarkson has a history of bullying and violence. Unfortunately this colours the way these circumstances are perceived and in this case may have even invited provocation.

It is reasonable for him to push the guy away, but he was straddling a fine line.

So if you restrain from protecting yourself I guess Clarko may be in hospital. These 3 pissed blokes followed them and got in their personal space and then screamed inches from Clarko, what may have happened if Clarko "restrained" himself from pushing this idiot away with an open hand. Yes it was a bloody hard push to the throat but it is right to do so to get the idiot away from him so the idiot doesnt do anything to harm his own well being.

And you say he has a history of bullying and violence.

I haven't seen the video, but are people seriously defending a coach hitting a fan?

Obviously security needs to be better, the fan needs to be reprimanded etc.... but there is no way Clarko should get off scott free for making physical contact with a fan - it is a complete no go area. (and admittedly I haven't seen the video, but even if it is just a push he deserves a word from the AFL, but anything more and there must be some sort of response).
If a bouncer did that at a nightclub he'd lose his job and be on assault charges.

Hmm. Maybe not lose his job.

I love how the media called it a gentle push.

I get worse from collingwood supporters after every game. Just keep walking

He asked the drunken yob 3 times to pull up, then pushed him away and the drunk came back again

Clarko had every right to respond the way he did, I think the yobbo got off lightly
Why exactly?

The law doesn't protect your right to beat the shit out of people who antagonise you. It happens regularly if you go out and the vast majority of people can deal with minor annoyance without resorting to violence.

What Clarko did wasn't over the top, but suggesting the person got off lightly is.

All those that are calling for clarkos head are doing it because they dislike him and just hiding behind this violence rubbish.

It was an open hand for **** sake. I am a very passive person, never thrown a punch in my life, but I have no problem with someone pushing away a drunken bogan as it could've got a lot worse. How are they to predict what those drunken thugs might do??

It was an open handed hit, a strike, that was not a push. An idiot was being an idiot, to say his safety was being compromised is overboard. He coups have, whilst being filmed, given very direct words to stop filming and leave him alone. Most hotels don't allow filming in their lobbies anyway I thought?

He shouldn't have to put up with it and shouldn't be punished, but lets not go overboard and say he did nothing wrong, an open handed strike like that can do serious damage. Giving someone a whack should be the last resort. I'm sure people here, myself included, have experienced worse heckling whilst walking home ourselves, and not resorted to throwing punches or more dangerous open hand strikes straight away.

got a link?
It's not on the AFL website or on youtube, and Perth is a couple of hours behind on the tv shows.

I'm not saying Clarko needs to be punished if all it was a push, but there needs to at least be an acknowledgement from him and the AFL that he shouldn't be making any physical contact with a fan (while the fan should also be reprimanded)
You'd have a case if it was in the workplace.
It was on the street on way to his Hotel.
Every right To do what he did given he asked him
several times to get out of his space

Where have I advocated a more violent response?

For the record, I've never hit anybody in my life - despite being king hit once before.

Genuinely a danger to the people around me - Jesus Christ, what a hysterical lunatic you are.

Mat just ignore him (playbynumbers) he keeps changing what he saying. Not worth it. He keeps saying people say things that the haven't.... ignore

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was an open handed hit, a strike, that was not a push. An idiot was being an idiot, to say his safety was being compromised is overboard. He coups have, whilst being filmed, given very direct words to stop filming and leave him alone. Most hotels don't allow filming in their lobbies anyway I thought?

He shouldn't have to put up with it and shouldn't be punished, but lets not go overboard and say he did nothing wrong, an open handed strike like that can do serious damage. Giving someone a whack should be the last resort. I'm sure people here, myself included, have experienced worse heckling whilst walking home ourselves, and not resorted to throwing punches straight away.

I think you're right. I think he was going for this.

He asked the drunken yob 3 times to pull up, then pushed him away and the drunk came back again

Clarko had every right to respond the way he did, I think the yobbo got off lightly

He was just that for mine, a drunken yob. Annoying as ****, they always are, but you don't have the right to just belt them because they're annoying you.

He'd walked with them the whole pathway and there was nothing physical. He gets right to the door and suddenly feels the need to protect himself with a jab to the throat?

Unfortunately for public figures they have to put up with this shit all the time. They don't all respond with violence.

Clarko has anger issues and it's only ever a matter of time until the next time he does something stupid.

He's actually meant to be one hell of a fella.

When did you encounter him?
"Meant", by who?

I think it is reasonable to consider someone a campaigner if they intimidate umpires at childrens sports matches, king hit players from behind, bully media staff when feeling shirty about a game.

He has a history of behaving like a plonker, thus it is reasonable to see him as such

I don't want to live in a world where someone can get up in your face and you're not allowed to defend yourself ...

That's a bit of bad luck for you isn't it!

I think you're right. I think he was going for this.

I've been hit by both. Open hand did more damage. There's a reason they are banned in most martial arts and combat sports.

Settle pettle, I support your coach, I just want a clear up a misconception that an open hand is much better than punching someone. They are in the same category.

Never been a fan of Clarko, but if he cops anything more than a reprimand for this (at worst) then it's a disgrace.

He had every right to land one on the dickhead's chin.
You're cool with common assault?

What of the law?

"Meant", by who?

I think it is reasonable to consider someone a campaigner if they intimidate umpires at childrens sports matches, king hit players from behind, bully media staff when feeling shirty about a game.

He has a history of behaving like a plonker, thus it is reasonable to see him as such

So you've never met him but use a handful of incidents, some of which have also been completely blown out of proportion just like you will use this in the future when you feel like your next character assassination, to base your judgement that he's a campaigner.

Why not do some research into his life away from the media blow ups you've read about to see if there is actually more to the man.

This is the sort of over blown melodramatic drivel that perpetuates this sort of rubbish opinion you form...."intimidate umpires at childrens sports matches".

"Meant", by who?

He might well be a good fella.

What he clearly has is real problems with anger, which causes him to lash out. He's done it at opposition players, coaches, junior umpires, punched holes in walls, got annoyed by a drunken idiot so he lashed out at him.

AFL and clubs are so conscious of brand I can't believe he hasn't been asked to undertake some anger management work. Maybe he has.

He doesn't need a penalty or anything, he needs just a bit of help.

Where have I advocated a more violent response?

For the record, I've never hit anybody in my life - despite being king hit once before.

Genuinely a danger to the people around me - Jesus Christ, what a hysterical lunatic you are.
No, it shouldn't, people shouldn't behave like pieces of shit, and, if they are, they deserve to get belted for it.

So you no longer think people deserve to get belted for "behaving like pieces of shit".

I've been hit by both. Open hand did more damage. There's a reason they are banned in most martial arts and combat sports.

Settle pettle, I support your coach, I just want a clear up a misconception that an open hand is much better than punching someone. They are in the same category.

It was excatly what players do in a game of footy to break someone trying to impede them. Forcefully push them off. It wasn't a strike at all.

So you've never met him but use a handful of incidents, some of which have also been completely blown out of proportion just like you will use this in the future when you feel like your next character assassination, to base your judgement that he's a campaigner.

Why not do some research into his life away from the media blow ups you've read about to see if there is actually more to the man.

This is the sort of over blown melodramatic drivel that perpetuates this sort of rubbish opinion you form...."intimidate umpires at childrens sports matches".
But it's the truth. It is also the only information I have to form an opinion.

He may be a better person than his bullying and agressive behavior indicates, but based on available evidence he seems like a campaigner.

Hero worship because someone is good at sports is unhealthy .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back