Play Nice Adam Goodes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're acting like he did actually spear them. It was a goal celebration, you're deliberately drawing negative connotations from it just to add to what has now become borderline hysteria. This could, and should, have received no more than a comment in passing from all concerned and moved on from. 26 ******* pages and all of it is faux outrage.

You honestly spoke about it like it was some unspeakable sin.

Answer the question. Do you think a player pretending to wave a spear at opposition spectators is ok?

We should have been talking about one of the greatest ever indigenous players kicking another big bag, and celebrating the start of indigenous round that way. Buddy, what a star.

The act on the field we should have been talking about was Gary Rohan going to Dylan Buckley when he got knocked down.

But no, its all gotta be about Goodes.

I find it interesting that Goodes wasn't booed for the first 300 odd games of his career- but after he started becoming extremely active speaking about racism and after he called out that Collingwood fan for calling him a gorilla it has now become a regular occurrence.

But of course racism has absolutely nothing at all to do with it. Not one skerrick of racism involved. Nope. Nothing. Not a bit.

Or was it that he began calling Australia racist?

Don't call me racist. Don't black armband our history.

Do you really think that for a goal celebration he should cop a $35000+ fine and 3 matches out? Boy oh Boy wow wee

Maybe Goodes should just never be allowed on the ground again he is obviously too aggressive and uncivilized for the game :rolleyes:

pounds to dollars mate. 50 000. no less

Post. Of. The. Yeast. It was a very intimidating and divisive dance because it was an Aboriginal dance and a war dance! The white guys couldn't do that dance (unless they practiced a lot of course) and that just proves my point. If you are going to do a dance, do one that EVERYONE can do. Like the Macarena or the Nutbush City Limits by Tina Turner. The last time I saw such an intimidating dance was at a Beyoncé concert. My wife took me and Beyoncé asked the crowd to do a single ladies dance. Now, how was I going to do that? I'm not single, and I'm not a lady. And my wife isn't even single either (So I didn't let her do the dance).
Or maybe Goodes, Franklin and Jetta should've all done something together....but Goodes wouldn't want that....no no no it's all about him

No, no he is not. But he has written and spoken about the racist history of white and indigenous relations in this country in an unflinching way that is unique. That is what pisses people. He is too political, too outspoken, and too proud.
Utter nonsense.

I don't like him because he's a diving sniper who I've seen go for players legs on so many occasions it's a disgrace he hasn't been rubbed out for an extended period. For you to assume that everyone who doesn't like him has formed that opinion based on some repressed racist inclination is absolute rubbish.

Post. Of. The. Yeast. It was a very intimidating and divisive dance because it was an Aboriginal dance and a war dance! The white guys couldn't do that dance (unless they practiced a lot of course) and that just proves my point. If you are going to do a dance, do one that EVERYONE can do. Like the Macarena or the Nutbush City Limits by Tina Turner. The last time I saw such an intimidating dance was at a Beyoncé concert. My wife took me and Beyoncé asked the crowd to do a single ladies dance. Now, how was I going to do that? I'm not single, and I'm not a lady. And my wife isn't even single either (So I didn't let her do the dance).
LOL

Regardless of his motivation, why Carlton? Why tonight?

We were already 40pts down with no hope.

Ummm..... Indigenous round? He'd just kicked a goal?

He also said it had nothing whatsoever to do with the Carlton supporters or anything that had been said. Seemed genuinely surprised the question was even asked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes!!!!! its all about queen b.

who runs the world?

nah man. There were skirmishes between IA nations since forever. There were also dances that represented absolutely EVERYTHING! So a dance that is 2 years old made up by the Boomerang Boys is clearly representative of a long line of IA culture. For such a young country I'm personally proud of such a ancient history.
Nah man. Told me enough about your ability to think logically.
I also don't think your IA and thus forgive me for thinking your F.O.S.
Skimishes seriously.
Face it and just admit you F Upped making the statement about it being 60000 years old. I mean you were close only 59998 years out.

Answer the question. Do you think a player pretending to wave a spear at opposition spectators is ok?
This must've outraged you then

williams.jpg

People claiming that Goodes is inciting some fans by a show of indigenous pride.

Same people claiming that crowd isn't racist.

Weird how someone who isn't racist would get incited or offended by a show of indigenous pride
That's all I need to do in this thread is like this comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back