Season 2015..

Remove this Banner Ad

To think i have to wait a whole week for the hoppers-raiders clash. 2 clubs that hate each others guts, playing for the right of double chance. Just noticed rocco kicked another 8 today, wow!

Who gets the job on him? I'll take first stab at it, sorry Ryan Polkinghorne sleep well this week:D

To think i have to wait a whole week for the hoppers-raiders clash. 2 clubs that hate each others guts, playing for the right of double chance. Just noticed rocco kicked another 8 today, wow!

Who gets the job on him? I'll take first stab at it, sorry Ryan Polkinghorne sleep well this week:D
Big big game. Doubt Polkinghorne will start on tangatalum.
I think the key to this game will be the battle of the midfield. Both teams have good runners which will be an asset on that ground. Both teams will be up for a war. These two clubs literally despise each other. Will be a finals like contest.
Kristian Carey is fast becoming my favourite player. That kid is elite.
Munro calma holt, Matty mac and matty murray all former hoppers just adds that bit of spice to the game aswell. Is this the match of the year to date?

Big big game. Doubt Polkinghorne will start on tangatalum.
I think the key to this game will be the battle of the midfield. Both teams have good runners which will be an asset on that ground. Both teams will be up for a war. These two clubs literally despise each other. Will be a finals like contest.
Kristian Carey is fast becoming my favourite player. That kid is elite.
Munro calma holt, Matty mac and matty murray all former hoppers just adds that bit of spice to the game aswell. Is this the match of the year to date?
Been thinking about this one for awhile and whilst there has been huge growth in the rivalry, looking at the make-up of the sides now, i'm not sure the players would have the same feeling as us supporters do. The rivalry came about do to Lambo and Hoggy and there really isn't many left other than those that you've mentioned with the elder holman boys and Les, that would know what all the fuss is about.
As for Bozo, he really is a beauty. And whilst he is the standout kid at the moment for good reason, let me run off some others: Feltwell, Polkinghorne, Beaurle, Elias, Harrington, Morey, the Holman twins, Godde. All these kids have played together in the same thirds side only a couple years ago, a team that wasn't that successful, apologies to others that i've overlooked, the point is, it's amazing what you can find in your own backyard, if you're prepared to do a bit of digging. Some clubs could do likewise.

Been thinking about this one for awhile and whilst there has been huge growth in the rivalry, looking at the make-up of the sides now, i'm not sure the players would have the same feeling as us supporters do. The rivalry came about do to Lambo and Hoggy and there really isn't many left other than those that you've mentioned with the elder holman boys and Les, that would know what all the fuss is about.
As for Bozo, he really is a beauty. And whilst he is the standout kid at the moment for good reason, let me run off some others: Feltwell, Polkinghorne, Beaurle, Elias, Harrington, Morey, the Holman twins, Godde. All these kids have played together in the same thirds side only a couple years ago, a team that wasn't that successful, apologies to others that i've overlooked, the point is, it's amazing what you can find in your own backyard, if you're prepared to do a bit of digging. Some clubs could do likewise.
I think you will find that the there still is that bit extra in it when these 2 sides meet. That's just the feeling I get.
All those you mentioned have all come along in leaps and bounds. Feltwell has always been a fantastic player, just injuries have held him back.
Raiders have some terrific players at the moment, couple of handy kids, should be great tussle

The rivalry goes back a lot further than Lambert. The raiders have been throwing money at North Albury players since they first entered the O&M. Remember Rudy Yonson, Steven Clarke, Graeme Cook and later Adam Prior? It's been going on forever.
I don't think they both hate each other. The raiders are envious of North, they want to be like them.....that's why they've recruited or tried to recruit so many of their players and an ex coach. But they'll never be like North. They must have spent a kings ransom over the past 10-15 years on high profile players out of Melbourne and elsewhere. And where has it got them? Tungatullum, Goldsmith, McDonald etc will be gone in 2 years at best, just like Patty Rose, Limbach, Stevens and all the others.... and they'll throw a heap more money at a heap more mercenaries. Cresswell has no faith in his 2nds players so they fly blokes in from all over the country to try to get a win....he's obviously not interested in developing players or giving a young bloke an opportunity to show what he can do at the highest level.
No, the 2 teams don't despise each other. North certainly dislike the way raiders conduct themselves, while the raiders desperately want to be like North Albury.

The rivalry goes back a lot further than Lambert. The raiders have been throwing money at North Albury players since they first entered the O&M. Remember Rudy Yonson, Steven Clarke, Graeme Cook and later Adam Prior? It's been going on forever.
I don't think they both hate each other. The raiders are envious of North, they want to be like them.....that's why they've recruited or tried to recruit so many of their players and an ex coach. But they'll never be like North. They must have spent a kings ransom over the past 10-15 years on high profile players out of Melbourne and elsewhere. And where has it got them? Tungatullum, Goldsmith, McDonald etc will be gone in 2 years at best, just like Patty Rose, Limbach, Stevens and all the others.... and they'll throw a heap more money at a heap more mercenaries. Cresswell has no faith in his 2nds players so they fly blokes in from all over the country to try to get a win....he's obviously not interested in developing players or giving a young bloke an opportunity to show what he can do at the highest level.
No, the 2 teams don't despise each other. North certainly dislike the way raiders conduct themselves, while the raiders desperately want to be like North Albury.
Very good point MM, I'd actually forgotten about those earlier guys, I was still playing bush footy back then and not paying a whole lot attention to O&M. I could be wrong but I personally think that Norths increased numbers at games over the past couple of seasons is due to the fact that they are actually playing these local kids, that they go pretty bloody well is an added bonus.

Watching the legends EJ Whitten match last night and they reckon Fev has broken his ankle. Had a jab but it didn't help. Does this mean his finished for the year maybe??

Watching the legends EJ Whitten match last night and they reckon Fev has broken his ankle. Had a jab but it didn't help. Does this mean his finished for the year maybe??
Whisper is that if it is broken and out for season he may have played his last game for Yarra. My mail is that they have lost patience and are waiting for end of season.....

Whisper is that if it is broken and out for season he may have played his last game for Yarra. My mail is that they have lost patience and are waiting for end of season.....

Heard the same. Fev done and already talking to a prominent EDFL club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see common sense prevail and Matt Kelly cleared by the tribunal. Pitty the result of the game was tainted by what the world now knows was a howling decision!

Good to see common sense prevail and Matt Kelly cleared by the tribunal. Pitty the result of the game was tainted by what the world now knows was a howling decision!
Fair call, must admit i was watching and had know idea what the free kick was for. One another issue, when do clearances close, was it june 30?

Fair call, must admit i was watching and had know idea what the free kick was for. One another issue, when do clearances close, was it june 30?
Yes, clearances close on June 30. They only have to be lodged though and not granted before that date. Raiders snaring two recruits on the last day should help them continue to improve

Yes, clearances close on June 30. They only have to be lodged though and not granted before that date. Raiders snaring two recruits on the last day should help them continue to improve
thanks Rip, that's good, because if they hadn't closed now, i think Raiders may have only been 4 or 5 weeks away from being the first club to field a team totally devoid of locals!

I'll be interested to see where the wang boys finish. Get the feeling they'll miss finals, but only just, and the loss to North last week will keep them out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back