Mega Thread The Big Roughy IS IN THE CLEAR!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't mess around with this sort of thing Rough needs to be doing what he can to make sure he is ok.

My dad had two removed a few years ago, it means regular checkups and having to be much more careful with the sun

Best case really is that they got it all and no signs of other ones then it's just go into monitoring mode

Hope Jarryd makes a full recovery. At this point, it isn't about football; it's about his ongoing health.

It's a worry that he's missing any time for this. A lot of the time it can be cut out in day surgery with local anesthetic and then you can go about your day just like getting a filling at the dentist. I hope this doesn't mean it's spread at all :(. Hopefully it's just time off so he doesn't need to worry about football as he gets the necessary tests done to confirm it hasn't spread.

Can't add much except best wishes to Rough and his family. Hope the outcome is as good as it can be.

First and foremost, best wishes to the Rough, this is indeed above and beyond footy. Hope he recovers fully.

Secondly, is this a bit of a dagger to our season? He will be massively missed. He hasn't been in the best goalkicking form of his career this year, but he's been playing up the ground alot more, and his hardness and smarts will be sorely missed. He is one 'soldier' that is almost impossible to replace.

:(

Lip is a terrible place for a melanoma - difficult to heal and can at times be quite aggressive in that area. Pleased that he took action and got it checked rather than ignoring it.
All the best ruff - speedy recovery to you

It's middle of winter, and we havent seen UV rays for months. How does this happen?

It can be something that happened years ago, and has been dormant. I have had many remover, mostly from my back, and one doctor said the original cause could relate back to my childhood. Good thing is recovery is usually quick provided they got the lot. Good luck rough, get well soon. We need you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awful news and best wishes for a speedy recovery Roughie.

I can't imagine that this is something which has gone on undetected for ages though. Being on the face, it's a good thing in that it's an area of your body you see everyday and thus a change is easily detectable. Also being a lesion suggests its surface only, fingers crossed this is case.

I wouldn't be surprised if he plays next week once the facial surgery settles down and his checkup confirms they got everything out in the one hit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back