Confessions - Silly Acts and Poor Choices, (we've all done them).

Remove this Banner Ad

This may sound like im a heartless bastard but hear me out....

I am so sick of the aussie media calling for clemency for the 2 Bali 9 Drug smugglers. Whilst I agree the punishment doesnt fit the crime, these 2 (and other 7) knew exactly what they were doing and what the ramifications were. They tried to make a quick buck and get away with it. They got caught and I think we should let the Indonesian justice system take place and execute these 2 men.

Imagine if Indonesians committed a crime in our country and we sentenced them to a punishment they didnt agree with. WOuld we listen to pleas from their people or government? No because we would tell them to mind their own business. I do not condone the death sentence for this crime....but I dont think its for the australian people/media to be deciding if its right or wrong to the point where they are making pleas with the Indo prime minister.

This may sound like im a heartless bastard but hear me out....

I am so sick of the aussie media calling for clemency for the 2 Bali 9 Drug smugglers. Whilst I agree the punishment doesnt fit the crime, these 2 (and other 7) knew exactly what they were doing and what the ramifications were. They tried to make a quick buck and get away with it. They got caught and I think we should let the Indonesian justice system take place and execute these 2 men.

Imagine if Indonesians committed a crime in our country and we sentenced them to a punishment they didnt agree with. WOuld we listen to pleas from their people or government? No because we would tell them to mind their own business. I do not condone the death sentence for this crime....but I dont think its for the australian people/media to be deciding if its right or wrong to the point where they are making pleas with the Indo prime minister.
That might be the case but they have been imprisoned for many years and in that time have helped rehabilitate countless people, taught painting, studied the ministry, and generally made their 'lives count'
The difference they have made to the lives of the other inmates is immense. And if that were you, or your child, wouldn't you want every avenue to be explored?
It's such a waste.
(And, when compared that to the Shapelle Corby saga/circus and that outcome, well....)

That might be the case but they have been imprisoned for many years and in that time have helped rehabilitate countless people, taught painting, studied the ministry, and generally made their 'lives count'
The difference they have made to the lives of the other inmates is immense. And if that were you, or your child, wouldn't you want every avenue to be explored?
It's such a waste.
(And, when compared that to the Shapelle Corby saga/circus and that outcome, well....)

Its a tough one because I certianly dont want to see them killed as I stated in the post (the punishment doesnt fit the crime). However I argue that they knew the consequences and went ahead to make some money. Sure they look like they have reformed and thats great.......but what if they got away with the crime.....would they still be involved in drug syndicates and smuggling drugs?

I guess the point of the post was I dont believe we should be meddling with Indonesias court system - just like we wouldnt like it if they told us how to run our country.

Its a tough one because I certianly dont want to see them killed as I stated in the post (the punishment doesnt fit the crime). However I argue that they knew the consequences and went ahead to make some money. Sure they look like they have reformed and thats great.......but what if they got away with the crime.....would they still be involved in drug syndicates and smuggling drugs?

I guess the point of the post was I dont believe we should be meddling with Indonesias court system - just like we wouldnt like it if they told us how to run our country.
We're not the only country petitioning the Indonesian Govt for clemency. The Netherlands are also appealing on behalf of their citizens (I'm not sure about the others.) and many Indonesians are too
Of course some countries just don't care.
But I know which I'd prefer.

I agree PF - I'm totally against the death penalty but I do agree that the syndicate did know the potential outcomes should they be caught and still decided that the reward was greater than that risk.

This was a life choice and a real life choice they all made. There is no secrecy behind the possible punishment should you be caught trafficking drugs in Indonesia and other countries as there is no secrecy that you can be put to death in America for certain crimes.

What really gets me is the report I read yesterday where they were pushing for a minutes silence out of respect for these 2, yes rehabilitated, drug dealers. I'm sorry but that doesn't sit well with me. When you see people who make real life changes to others and put their heart and soul into communities and the like not be granted such respect, I don't agree.

Yes they can RIP now but so can millions of others around the world who have lost loved ones to drugs.

I confess that I picked North Melbourne to win yesterday in the footy tipping competition.

There, I've said it!
Your both a disgrace.
ppoiter I can forgive you but as a mod NT you should know better and be setting an example. I suggest you ban yourself for one day.

Your both a disgrace.
ppoiter I can forgive you but as a mod NT you should know better and be setting an example. I suggest you ban yourself for one day.
I suspect there are many others yet to confess

Yeah well that's the thing, she's just split up with her boyfriend of 5 years and she was pretty drunk at the time. I'm not judging her but still pretty mad it happened

Maybe! My plan was more to not mention it ever. Can't see a good outcome. When she woke up this morning she went on about how she couldn't remember a thing from last night which is a move I've pulled before when I've done or said something bad
Why were you with her when she woke up this morning? :confused:o_O

Why were you with her when she woke up this morning? :confused:o_O
Haha. It was a while ago now but for memory I learned that via my now ex girlfriend, and she learned it via the magic of text messaging

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the thread Concerning mail/development re Elliott "injury"
I replied to a post of Loki04 and my reply was condescending. I'd like to publicly apologise for unintentionally demeaning Loki - that wasn't my intent.

I was venting my spleen in regard to the use of a term that can be seen as derogatory (and to be honest, it shouldn't be). My post was an honest attempt to give an easy option to people who use the word "mental" instead of "psychological" (I find psychological is a bitch of a word to type).

Loki, I'm sorry, my post wasn't an attack on you, I meant it to be a friendly way to cut and past a hard to type word.

Shane

This is our/my club and my view is I wouldn't post anything that would cause an issue to it or the players, (that's for non supporters to do).
For example, I was less than impressed with Rocket when I met him in Perth and more to the point some derogatory comments he made about our players.
I chose not to post it however, I did let people know when the sent me a PM.
Earlier this year I posted what he said as he no longer works for the club and in my opinion it becomes about him and not the club, (maybe it always was).
Not telling people how to suck eggs, (or post) but if all have the love for the club we claim to have, bear in mind the potential impact of what you're saying.
By all means criticise if you must, question the direction etc, (although not incessantly would be appreciated) but when it comes to an individual I think care should be taken.

PS: Snell1234 this is not a dig at you, nor do I wish you to stop posting any information you have as you are one of the fortunate ones to have a reliable source.

This is our/my club and my view is I wouldn't post anything that would cause an issue to it or the players, (that's for non supporters to do).
For example, I was less than impressed with Rocket when I met him in Perth and more to the point some derogatory comments he made about our players.
Earlier this year I posted what he said as he no longer works for the club and in my opinion it becomes about him and not the club, (maybe it always was).
Not telling people how to suck eggs, (or post) but if all have the love for the club we claim to have, bear in mind the potential impact of what you're saying.
By all means criticise if you must, question the direction etc, (although not incessantly would be appreciated) but when it comes to an individual I think care should be taken.

PS: Snell1234 this is not a dig at you, nor do I wish you to stop posting any information you have as you are one of the fortunate ones to have a reliable source.

I haven't read your previous post re rocket, but I can tell you my friends moved in around the corner from him a couple of years back, and he was out walking the dog whilst my friends were moving in. Rocket tied the dog up and helped my mate move a fridge into the house as his wife was in no position to do it. He volunteered to do this. My mates a pies man and was stoked with the help. His wife didn't know who he was. Just another perspective.

Agree.

Just because we can know something, doesn't mean we have the right to know something.

Just remember that negative rumours or sources or whatever the hell you want to call it, does nothing but negatively impacts the club and it's players you hold beloved, no matter how much it satiates your desire for gossip.

And also remember, just because Snell1234 got it from a source, and in this hypothetical I'm not denying it to be false, just also remember you need to consider the credibility of his source. And how he knows. And how much of that story is based on the perception of him, not the actual facts of the story, or the actual perception of Jamie Elliott or whoever else.

Remember the time you played Chinese Whispers? When one thing was said, by the end of the line something else came out entirely different. And hey, in Chinese whispers you had "sources" too.

Agree.

Just because we can know something, doesn't mean we have the right to know something.

Just remember that negative rumours or sources or whatever the hell you want to call it, does nothing but negatively impacts the club and it's players you hold beloved, no matter how much it satiates your desire for gossip.

And also remember, just because Snell1234 got it from a source, and in this hypothetical I'm not denying it to be false, just also remember you need to consider the credibility of his source. And how he knows. And how much of that story is based on the perception of him, not the actual facts of the story, or the actual perception of Jamie Elliott or whoever else.

Remember the time you played Chinese Whispers? When one thing was said, by the end of the line something else came out entirely different. And hey, in Chinese whispers you had "sources" too.
I'm pretty stunned that people think that Internet forums "impact the club and players".
The first thing the players are told is to not read or subscribe to Internet forums.
And until the Internet forums impact the clubs bottom line, they couldn't give a stuff.
I love the rumours and inside info that forums like this give. Even if the rumours don't pan out.
Don't ever censor what is a free and open place. Especially because of a vocal minority.
If those posters don't want to see/read these rumours I suggest they block the posters involved. There are only a few after all. But I really think those who complain enjoy complaining more than not reading the rumours.
Keep BF censorship free.

I'm pretty stunned that people think that Internet forums "impact the club and players".
The first thing the players are told is to not read or subscribe to Internet forums.
And until the Internet forums impact the clubs bottom line, they couldn't give a stuff.
I love the rumours and inside info that forums like this give. Even if the rumours don't pan out.
Don't ever censor what is a free and open place. Especially because of a vocal minority.
If those posters don't want to see/read these rumours I suggest they block the posters involved. There are only a few after all. But I really think those who complain enjoy complaining more than not reading the rumours.
Keep BF censorship free.
Internet forums do not directly impact the club or its players.

Internet forums direct the fans and readers and influence their perspective and opinions of the club and its players off of rumours, speculation and lies without knowing all the facts.

This spreads through social media, to friends, blokes at the pub or at the footy. It spreads and spreads, and a lie becomes the "truth".

It then becomes constantly mentioned on larger social media websites like Facebook and Twitter, idiots calling in about it on radio.

Then realise the fact that the big fish in the media don't care about reality. They only care about the "truth" that the audience wants to believe and what they will feed off. That's where the problem starts to begin.

So does the internet forum impact the club and its players? No it doesn't directly. But it does in it's own way.

You're right, censorship probably shouldn't be there. But self censorship should be. Just think about the bigger picture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back