Delisted #25: Ariel Steinberg

Remove this Banner Ad

And Jono Brown.
No idea what they are seeing. He isn't a defender. just seems that one step off, too short, in the wrong spot.
Don't need players on the list that have me hoping Gwilt gets to the ball first.

And Dunstall gave NOB a tick :D

Yesterday highlighted his issue. He was ok but was a bit short and under weight against the bigger blokes. Reads the game ok, skills and decision making good enough but just 3 to 4cm too short and not quick enough to play smaller.

I.e. Not good enough like the rest of us.

Was lucky against Melbourne with other players in defence playing really well and Melbourne not punishing the mistakes on the scoreboard.

That handball in the 3rd? which ended up with Vince having a running shot at goal...................

Jeez some of you blokes are harsh on him.

It was his fifth game, he's gonna make a few blues. He was running at 83% efficiency - and, yes, I'm aware the stat sheet doesn't always tell the full story, but we've got nothing to lose in letting him at least try to prove himself over the final eight weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is improving each game he plays, let him at least play until Carlisle comes back so they can make a definitive decision on him. The form of Gwilt may ultimately cost him a contract for next season though.

For all the shit he's cop'd on this board thought he played pretty well tonight......How good did Hooker look after 5 games?
He's a few cm too short yes but well Leo Barry had to start somewhere.....

Thought Ziebell got off him in the last but other than that he played well.

Hope he gains confidence after stringing multiple games together and can build off this.

When the floodgates opened

Did make a couple of blues but for the most part, looked to fit in quite well. Still feel he is on his last legs to keep his place on the list.

Is it just me or does this dude from Home & Away look like anyone? haha
GeorgeJason.jpg

Don't see what he adds tbh. Tonight showed that he's too small and/or immobile to play as an AFL level defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back