Analysis Review v Port Adelaide, Round 18 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pass marks for Dempster and Goddard. Below par game from pretty much everyone else. Really frustrating game to watch with the same old story of missing targets under pressure.

One other thing, Eli has lost so much confidence since his injury. I really hope he gets some aggression back after a pre-season, just isn't the same energetic player we saw burst onto the scene last year. It was a nasty injury so can understand it has some impact on a young player.

Absolutely disgusted in so many things.... So many negatives...

All I'll say is well done Hugh, growing every week. Dempster is one of the best 3rd talls in the league, going to miss him badly!

3 shocking losses this year, against Carlton (still confuzzled with what happened in wellington), the pies and now this spanking.

thought goddard showed something, dempster was good, mccartin was ok

thats about it really, strange, embarrassing game, port too good

One of those games where you just draw a line through it, burn the tape and move on.

Disappointing to lose by that sort of margin but we've always struggled against Port in Adelaide at the best of times.

The positives are that McCartin and Goddard are getting more AFL experience under their belts and are looking the goods.

Really hoping we can bounce back with a win against Freo next week with Rooey, Gilbo and Lonie back.

If there is one game I want to win this year it's that game, I hope Richo and our players feel the same way, I want to destroy them like last year.

Young side and this will happen a few more times over the next couple of years But it still Sucks big time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goddard was good, loved his kamakazee spoil on Gray
Skills were shocking
Mark Riccuito is almost as bad as Luke Darcy, his voice cracks are ******* annoying

Goddard was good, loved his kamakazee spoil on Gray
Skills were shocking
Mark Riccuito is almost as bad as Luke Darcy, his voice cracks are ******* annoying

Riccuito sounds like he's sucking down ciggies in the com box

Templeton weak in the tackle - I know, bad injury, 2nd year player. Has lost his pace. Hope he bounces back.

Armo clearly tired or carrying an injury.

Sinclair again good, Roberton our best, then Dempster.

Hopefully Roo comes back so the kids can play more games with him this season.

Templeton looks soft, weak and can't find the footy. I'm happy to just write this season off for him and hope he has a big preseason and comes back with some confidence in his arm and his footy. He could do a Robbo of this year, but atm you'd almost say he won't make it. you'd think Lonie, Roo and Gilbert would be certainties to come back in.
So many could potentially go out...

is anyone else concerned about templeton? he looks completely lost on the footy field and has no confidence. completely opposite to last year. does he need to grow his hair back?
Not really he is young player play him for the rest of the year give him a chance. More annoyed at a senior player like Geary he killed as with his turn overs

It's every gameday thread though. It's bloody boring and embarrassing that most of the talk is about the umpires.

We've been screwed over by the umpires more than any other club the last few years though, the For and Against free kick stats back that up.

I get labelled a serial umpire whinger here but I wouldn't whinge as much if we got a decent run from the umpires and I certainly wouldn't complain about other Saints fans whinging about them either, if they screw us over we need to vent about it.

The umpires are part of the game, and now an even bigger part of the game these days thanks to the WWE style AFL entertainment show, so you can't blame people for talking about them, blame the bloody AFL for trying to make umpires a bigger part of their show.

Didn't really think the umpiring was awful. Our senior players were, though. Still unsold on Webster (especially as a defender). Great signs from Paddy, Hughy and Sinclair. Longer deserves a week off.

Not really much to say, just a disappointing game, it's a long year and the younger players are feeling the effects of it (and I'd suggest some of the older players are too).

Credit to Josh Bruce, yes it wasn't his best day out but his work ethic was outstanding all day and he just didn't give up.

Not really he is young player play him for the rest of the year give him a chance. More annoyed at a senior player like Geary he killed as with his turn overs

a concern that he seems to have lost all his pizzaz he had last year. just doesn't look as vocal or confident.

agree re geary. we really need to find a suitable replacement to move forward. we probably won't for the next two or so years tho.

Dempster having a terrific year.
We were far to slow when the ball hit the ground in our forward half, hence why we shouldn't play 2 ruckman. In saying that hickey wasn't our worst. Really missing billings polish in the front half. Templeton and Mckenzie looked a bit lost out there today.

For next weeks game I would bring in roo, Lonie and Gilbert, as well as acres (if all fit) and out would go hickey, membrey, Schneider and Templeton

When you have 73 less disposals by lose the tackles by 9 it reflects incredibly poorly on our effort. This is also highlighted by our continued poor performance in the contested ball which we lost by 16.

Our disposal is also crap.

The umpires are s**t but they are not the problem.

is anyone else concerned about templeton? he looks completely lost on the footy field and has no confidence. completely opposite to last year. does he need to grow his hair back?

He's like Samson, has turned to s**t since he got a haircut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back