Mod. Notice Finals tickets thread - keep it in here please

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough. So it's just randomized?
How many seats are allocated to supporters from one club competing?
Based on membership numbers, there are 30,000 tickets and these are split on a % basis (so if one club as 60,000 members and one club has 40,000 members, one club gets 18,000 tickets and the other 12,000).

Ballots are then run randomly from there.

EDIT: Happy to stand corrected, had been told this from a reliable source but may have changed

Fair enough. So it's just randomized?
How many seats are allocated to supporters from one club competing?
Last year it was 15K per club, but I think the club keeps up to 1K for themselves leaving about 14K for members. Some of these are standing room though, so it might end up about 12K seats, 2K standing, they never seem to publish exact figures.

Does anyone else only get the collection option of "if successful in the ballot I will collect my tickets from any Victorian ticketek agency"?

the whole line should say something like: any Victorian, slected interstate agencies, or at the venue box office on the day

Based on membership numbers, there are 30,000 tickets and these are split on a % basis (so if one club as 60,000 members and one club has 40,000 members, one club gets 18,000 tickets and the other 12,000).

Ballots are then run randomly from there.
It's an equal split, that member % thing was dumped years ago.

It's an equal split, that member % thing was dumped years ago.
Fair enough, thanks for the clarification.

Personally I think the % thing is fairer given a club with more members should get more tickets, but I guess that's why people are trying to get barcodes from competing clubs with lower membership bases to enter the ballot that way (much better chance of getting a seat).

Got my Priority 1s this morning at home, then just entered a bunch of Priority 2 barcodes for a mate who is in a meeting from my work computer - Ticketek was struggling big time with multiple people here being logged in, kept switching between accounts.

I gave up and entered them using my phone's browser, crisis averted

Last year it was 15K per club, but I think the club keeps up to 1K for themselves leaving about 14K for members. Some of these are standing room though, so it might end up about 12K seats, 2K standing, they never seem to publish exact figures.
McLaughlin said on AFL 360 that the total amount of tickets hasn't been decided yet. If it was a derby grand final they would be looking at approx. 35-40k.

I suppose it also depends on how many enter the ballot.

just realised I could have entered my uncles freo membership barcodes as he isn't going. Wouldn't that be awkward - being smack bang in the middle of freo fans when we pump them into oblivion

There are 7000 note holders (not all would be going though) but don't know about Victorian platinum

Let's say there's 4,000 - 5,000 Priority 1 taken.
That leaves 7,000 - 8,000 Priority 2 (All other Season, Victorian Gold, and Interstate members) tickets and beyond.
It's unlikely, I would've thought, that many tickets will reach Priority 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How easy (or possible at all) is it to upgrade concession tix? Been given a couple of extra barcodes to throw in but both are concessions.

Will give me 3 x 2 sets in the ballot. Just me and a mate going at this stage, so if we end up with spares, happy to sell to anyone at cost price.

i know i was wasting my 10 bucks when we played the cats in the prelim in '11 but this one has something riding on it!

I have been really big on this. Hopefully more people will jump on board.

AFL membership is a joke. It should be called VFL membership and be done with.
AFL membership is only useful in Victoria. AFL membership will not get you into a home & away game at Subi. So it is totally useless for anyone living in WA. How can a league run a membership that is not useful for the whole league.
If it is a derby final I could count the Dockers and Eagles Gold AFL members on one hand. The whole AFL reserve will be filled with theater goers.

For Grand Finals not involving 2 Victorian sides the AFL members area should be allocated out to members on the non Victorian competing clubs. I am sorry but it is a ******* just that say a Richmond AFL member has more right to watch the game than Eagles members.

Would love more people to kick up a stink about this. It is the biggest rort the AFL pulls. Everyone always cries about the corporates taking over the grand final. Its the MCC and AFL members that take it over and give back no atmosphere. Give it back to the real members of the competing clubs.

How easy (or possible at all) is it to upgrade concession tix? Been given a couple of extra barcodes to throw in but both are concessions.

Will give me 3 x 2 sets in the ballot. Just me and a mate going at this stage, so if we end up with spares, happy to sell to anyone at cost price.
Last year I upgraded a concession to an adult at the ticket window at the G on GF day.
That is the only time you can do it.
They required the credit card and membership card.

There are 7000 note holders (not all would be going though) but don't know about Victorian platinum
Where does that number come from? I wouldn't have thought there were that many, since noteholders only got 2 hour window. For a normal final they only get a 1 hour window.

P1 for Freo yesterday was much longer - I think it went until 3 PM - and I don't think they have much more than 7000 "Harbour masters"(?)

I have been really big on this. Hopefully more people will jump on board.

AFL membership is a joke. It should be called VFL membership and be done with.
AFL membership is only useful in Victoria. AFL membership will not get you into a home & away game at Subi. So it is totally useless for anyone living in WA. How can a league run a membership that is not useful for the whole league.
If it is a derby final I could count the Dockers and Eagles Gold AFL members on one hand. The whole AFL reserve will be filled with theater goers.

For Grand Finals not involving 2 Victorian sides the AFL members area should be allocated out to members on the non Victorian competing clubs. I am sorry but it is a ******* just that say a Richmond AFL member has more right to watch the game than Eagles members.

Would love more people to kick up a stink about this. It is the biggest rort the AFL pulls. Everyone always cries about the corporates taking over the grand final. Its the MCC and AFL members that take it over and give back no atmosphere. Give it back to the real members of the competing clubs.
ill sign whatever petition there is. Couldnt agree more and its just an excuse for the Victorians to keep their grubby hands on everything. Removing the AFL membership would be a step closer to a fairer national competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back