Running Thread - Join our Strava Club!

Remove this Banner Ad

Shirts would be cool just to have in general. The idea of a team for the marathon is pretty good even if I couldn't be a part of it. :(

Do they have teams across multiple events?

Today I went for my first run (9 km) in three weeks, as I've been travelling a bit over this period.

I have had a bit of ITBS in the right knee. The pain is only mild and kicks in after about 4 or 5 km. Unfortunately, I am still experiencing the pain after the three week lay off! Arrgh.

Today I went for my first run (9 km) in three weeks, as I've been travelling a bit over this period.

I have had a bit of ITBS in the right knee. The pain is only mild and kicks in after about 4 or 5 km. Unfortunately, I am still experiencing the pain after the three week lay off! Arrgh.
Need to roll and massage it to loosen up. Also work on glutes and core for long term solution.

I struggled through my 5km today. Calf was pretty tight. Finished strong but had a s**t middle km. I'll use the excuse that I donated blood just yesterday :)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have started to get the legs moving again the past 1-2 weeks. Built up some 5kms to 7kms....10.....13.

Out for an easy 5km amble this morning. Never been a morning runner but with cricket training now I'm trying to sneak them in or I might not get them at all.

Tip for other rookie morning runners -> never leave the house without first having your morning constitution or uncomfortable times lay ahead.

Have started to get the legs moving again the past 1-2 weeks. Built up some 5kms to 7kms....10.....13.

Out for an easy 5km amble this morning. Never been a morning runner but with cricket training now I'm trying to sneak them in or I might not get them at all.

Tip for other rookie morning runners -> never leave the house without first having your morning constitution or uncomfortable times lay ahead.
Yeah I might have to do some morning runs now as the only afternoons I have free at the moment are Monday's and Fridays. The mrs has started going for runs now too which is good :D

I'm like clockwork in the mornings. Auto pilot these days.

Slow 10km run this morning after a massage last night. Slight knee soreness which is playing on my mind a bit. Won't run again before Sunday but have my race plan mapped out. Weather looks spot, will get there Sat arvo for a look over the course. Excited.

You've definitely got your hands full at the moment. Might be better just sticking with the 5 -10km runs getting mojo back. Morning runs are the best, especially as the weather starts heating up too.

I'm like clockwork in the mornings. Auto pilot these days.

Slow 10km run this morning after a massage last night. Slight knee soreness which is playing on my mind a bit. Won't run again before Sunday but have my race plan mapped out. Weather looks spot, will get there Sat arvo for a look over the course. Excited.

Good luck SoS. Where's the run?

Hamilton. Only a bit over an hour from home but a 7am race start would make it a bit of a stretch. Making it a family weekend with the missus & kids.
Aiming for sub 3:40. Confident l can get that done.

Hamilton. Only a bit over an hour from home but a 7am race start would make it a bit of a stretch. Making it a family weekend with the missus & kids.
Aiming for sub 3:40. Confident l can get that done.

Yeah that's around 5.00min pace give or take. You'll do it. :thumbsu:

You've definitely got your hands full at the moment. Might be better just sticking with the 5 -10km runs getting mojo back. Morning runs are the best, especially as the weather starts heating up too.
Except if you're in Melbourne for the next few days. Horrible conditions.

I'll definitely try to fit in some morning runs when it clears up though.

I'm still doing this fat as fuel HR zone thing. I am getting much more consistent. When I started out, I was doing 5km at 6:43 pace with HR of 147 (150 was the limit set). Last night did 6km at 5:53 with HR of 149. Time has come down pretty drastically for the same amount of effort. Hopefully it can continue.

That is after only about 12 runs. I really should get out more, but to be honest, at that pace it isn't all that much fun.
I might add in some swimming and HIIT to try to improve my lung capacity and cardio vascular endurance.

I'm still doing this fat as fuel HR zone thing. I am getting much more consistent. When I started out, I was doing 5km at 6:43 pace with HR of 147 (150 was the limit set). Last night did 6km at 5:53 with HR of 149. Time has come down pretty drastically for the same amount of effort. Hopefully it can continue.

That is after only about 12 runs. I really should get out more, but to be honest, at that pace it isn't all that much fun.
I might add in some swimming and HIIT to try to improve my lung capacity and cardio vascular endurance.

So are you strictly following a Low Carb High Fat diet? How are you finding it? Personally I'm not sold on it, but others I know absolutely swear by it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back