Movie Film Trivia

Remove this Banner Ad

The original Disney version of Pinocchio inspired some unique cover versions of its songs. In 1965 Barbra Streisand released an alternative version of I've Got No Strings, whilst in 1978, Kiss bassist Gene Simmons released his own version of When You Wish Upon A Star. (both available for listening on YouTube if you're curious).

Marlon Brando's mouth stuffing he used in The Godfather is on display at the American Museum of the Moving Image in Queens, New York.

Walter Wanger had not long been released from prison when he became producer for the sci-fi classic Invasion of the Body Snatchers. He had served a term for shooting the lover of his movie star wife Joan Bennett.

Whilst Humphrey Bogart was always considered the man for the job when it came to playing the lead in Casablanca, studio publicity spread the word that Ronald Reagan was to star.
In 1967 Reagan was also considered for the role of Dustin Hoffman's dad in The Graduate.

Bill Murray enjoyed the small town community atmosphere so much when on location filming Groundhog Day, he bought 500 Danishes and fed them to everyone who watched the film being shot.

Harry Nilsson's recording of Everybody's Talkin' was a filler song for the unedited version of Midnight Cowboy, but director John Schlesinger decided the song worked better than anything else they tried. Bob Dylan wrote Lay Lady Lay for the movie but didn't deliver it by the deadline.

Bill Murray enjoyed the small town community atmosphere so much when on location filming Groundhog Day, he bought 500 Danishes and fed them to everyone who watched the film being shot.
Must have gotten expensive doing that day after day after day...

I don't think Bill bought 500 Danishes every day of the shoot. I think it was a thankyou gesture towards the end of filming, though he probably could have afforded to buy 500 Danishes every day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if this counts as film trivia, but I love this...

9620150815195.jpg

The role of Aragorn in The Lord of the Rings was originally intended Nicholas Cage.

View attachment 202264

Interesting. I know that Jackson had originally cast another actor in the role (not Cage) but when Jackson saw the actor on set he didn't think the actor could pull off portraying Aragorn convincingly so dumped him and cast Mortenson at short notice. Mortenson didn't want to play the character until his son convinced him to take the role.

I don't think Bill bought 500 Danishes every day of the shoot. I think it was a thankyou gesture towards the end of filming, though he probably could have afforded to buy 500 Danishes every day.
I thought that was a joke because of what the movie was about ...

The role of Jim the alcoholic cowboy in Blazing Saddles was originally to be played by someone else. Gene Wilder wanted the role but Mel Brooks said he was too young. The first day of filming, where Sherriff Bart meets Jim in the lockup, was filmed with the original actor and Brooks discovered what a mistake it had been to cast a real alcoholic to play an alcoholic. Wilder heard about the disaster and jumped on the next plane to take over the role.

Love Actually (2003)

Kris Marshall returned his pay check for the scene where the three American girls undress him. He said he had such a great time having three girls undress him for twenty-one takes, that he was willing to do it for free, and thus returned his check for that day.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0314331/trivia?item=tr0737841

Interesting. I know that Jackson had originally cast another actor in the role (not Cage) but when Jackson saw the actor on set he didn't think the actor could pull off portraying Aragorn convincingly so dumped him and cast Mortenson at short notice. Mortenson didn't want to play the character until his son convinced him to take the role.
Yes. Stuart Townsend was to be Aragorn but they thought him too young to carry the role. He was Dorian Gray in league of extraordinary gentleman and Charlize Theron BF for some time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back