BBL|05 Semi Final 1 - Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder @ Adelaide Oval

Winner is...?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Such an annoying finals system. The Thunder won 4 bloody games for the season and will knock a team out who won 7, something has to be done when the team who has finished first has only made the final once in the entire BBL history. Home ground advantage is pretty negligible in T20, it's nothing like footy.

Got any suggestions??

Apart from giving the home team a 20 run head-start I can't see anything can be done about it.

What's that chinking sound?

Oh that's just Junior's belt coming off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tonight is one reason I've just about lost interest in the BBL, again the top team gets cursed after just one bad game. The current finals format is pathetic & MUST be changed. I would have 1st v 2nd & 3rd v 4th, winner of the former goes through & hosts the decider, loser hosts the winner of the latter match.

I actually love Joon. The system that allows him to be the 'Governor' of the Thunder, an Australian selector and a commentator all at the same time is ridiculous; but he comes across like he actually knows that but Joon just don' give a s**t. He's self aware enough to know what's up, but what is he supposed to do? Whether is subtly putting s**t on Howie, the viewers of the Big Bash, the opposition players, or 'Freddie'; he does it in a way that I just find amusing.

Yeah, it shouldn't be allowed, but that's hardly his fault.
Jnr is an annoying flog mate.. Nobody likes him. His negativity is too much. Freddie and Gilly usually rip him too shreds.. Even Punter can't stand him.

Tonight is one reason I've just about lost interest in the BBL, again the top team gets cursed after just one bad game. The current finals format is pathetic & MUST be changed. I would have 1st v 2nd & 3rd v 4th, winner of the former goes through & hosts the decider, loser hosts the winner of the latter match.

One bad game isn't exactly right..

I've said it every year of the BBL, there isn't enough reward for finishing top 2. Home ground advantage is negligible in T20. When the team finishing first has made the final once, surely that warrants a look?
Its not bitter at all, its ****ed that first hasn't made a final since the first season.

Back