Computers & Internet Downloading crackdown

Remove this Banner Ad

I know some friend who have foxtel that pay $50/month for pretty much all the channels. Although I would personally find foxtel useless if it wasn't for foxsports
I know people who ring up and threaten to cancel on a yearly basis to get premium rates as Foxtel have a "special rate" for people who want to cancel.

Their pricing structure has always been set up that if you want any decent package you're paying in excess of $100 per month, basic for $50 per month which offers sfa. That is exorbitant for viewing television.
Basic is $25 per month, sport is $50 per month.

Anyway cable in America is $60 or more. If nobody paid for it how do you think Game of Thrones etc would even be made?

I don't understand why it's apparently so hard to see/change the system to be pay-per-view. Whether that be paying for individual channels or a series of shows that you get access to as soon as they come out.

And why they can't get us shows at the same time as the US.

Its 2015.

Why does everyone want shows the same time as the US? I watch UFC events live, a Saturday night prime time fight becomes an early Sunday afternoon here is aus!

You people do understand time zones, right?

Just give me fox sports for $25 I don't want to watch repeats of outdated shows.
do something like netflix but for live sports, charge 20-30 a month for it. it would sell like hotcakes

Why does everyone want shows the same time as the US? I watch UFC events live, a Saturday night prime time fight becomes an early Sunday afternoon here is aus!

You people do understand time zones, right?
Don't know if you are responding to my post, but if you are, I thought the meaning was pretty obvious; access to download or watch on demand as soon as it is aired in the US instead of a prolonged waiting period for shows to appear on Australian pay-TV.

Is it racist if we boo them ?

Last time i checked , Adam Goodes didn't own Foxtel so go ya hardest......

tumblr_mzkv6kZvIT1s4wbdoo1_500.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

do something like netflix but for live sports, charge 20-30 a month for it. it would sell like hotcakes

I can't really see that happening. Comps like the AFL rely so heavily on broadcast rights money and they would make far less in this arrangment.

I can see them beefing up their streaming live pass though to complement FTA and Fox during the next rights period

You'd be outta business pretty quick, broadcast rights aren't cheap.

I still think Foxtel with Sport is reasonable value. Live AFL, NRL, cricket, A League, Premier League, NBA, Super Rugby, NFL, NHL, NCAA sports, La Liga, Serie A, unrivalled coverage of Olympics (like 8 live channels) and both Sky Racing feeds is a pretty comprehensive offering. At $50 - $60 a month with recording and storage, as a sports nut it's very hard to go past.

Everything else on Fox is pure gash though, wouldn't bother.

Let me get this straight. The Government wants to keep all our data, however they can't even keep ISIS terrorists out of government databases storing the personal information of military and government personnel. This is not exclusive to Australia, the terrorists managed to hack the pentagon.

I'm ******* furious the government thinks it has the right to hold on to and possibly inadvertently divulge my data when hacked.

Let me get this straight. The Government wants to keep all our data, however they can't even keep ISIS terrorists out of government databases storing the personal information of military and government personnel. This is not exclusive to Australia, the terrorists managed to hack the pentagon.

I'm ******* furious the government thinks it has the right to hold on to and possibly inadvertently divulge my data when hacked.

But how else will they know that Australians are opposed to gay marriage?

Pretty sure this is EXCLUDING Australia. Haven't seen anywhere that it was Australian data that was stolen. It was US systems that were compromised that had some of our people in it, probably because they were working with them at some point.

Don't know if you are responding to my post, but if you are, I thought the meaning was pretty obvious; access to download or watch on demand as soon as it is aired in the US instead of a prolonged waiting period for shows to appear on Australian pay-TV.

Pretty sure most of the hottest shows, eg. Game of Thrones, True Detective, Walking Dead, are almost shown live on Foxtel, or at the very least within 12-24 hours of its original US airing. There's really no "prolonged waiting period" these days for shows that are already popular, especially when you factor in the time difference, and the fact that the majority of people who were watching the latest series of (for example) Game of Thrones would have either been recording it on the IQ box when it aired on Monday mornings, or just watching the replay when the arrived home from work/school/whatever they do during the day aside from sitting at home watching tele anyway.

Pretty sure most of the hottest shows, eg. Game of Thrones, True Detective, Walking Dead, are almost shown live on Foxtel, or at the very least within 12-24 hours of its original US airing. There's really no "prolonged waiting period" these days for shows that are already popular, especially when you factor in the time difference, and the fact that the majority of people who were watching the latest series of (for example) Game of Thrones would have either been recording it on the IQ box when it aired on Monday mornings, or just watching the replay when the arrived home from work/school/whatever they do during the day aside from sitting at home watching tele anyway.
That might be true for some, but not all. It still requires several 'packages' of foxtel, which goes back to my point - we should be able to be selective and have access to all US content as it comes out. I won't pretend to know how it can be done with everyone winning (Australian content providers obviously lose out if they aren't in the loop) but no doubt it should be much better than what it is.

That law was recently passed over here. Soon cable providers will have to allow you to select all channels individually - not just bundles. Will be interesting to see how it works.

Foxtels whole model is that they prop up the struggling channels in packages with the successful ones no way Foxtel can afford to show 84 different shows about storage locker auctions if people can pick which channels they want

But that is probably a good thing

So for the last few weeks I've been watching the final season of Peep Show on the ABC on Tuesday nights. I sat down tonight to watch the 4th episode and it's not on, there's something called "The Vagina Diaries" on instead.

heck this. This is exactly why streaming and downloading is taking over. I'm just gonna download the rest of the series.

I thought I read last year that a 3 strikes policy approach had officially been dumped, but apparently not...

The final version of the proposed “three strikes” anti-piracy code for Australian internet service providers (ISPs) has been published recently. Under the Copyright Notice Scheme code (PDF), residential Internet users that are found pirating content will be subject to a series of "escalating" warning notices from rights holders, sent via ISPs. The notices will warn users that they are infringing copyright, and that they will face legal action if they get three strikes recorded against their IP address -- that is, if they receive an Education, Warning and Final notice -- within a 12 month period. If a user gets three warning letters, or "strikes", in a 12-month period, ISPs will help copyright owners identify them for potential legal action after a hearing in a prescribed court. Up to 200,000 notices can be processed and sent each year. An industry code has to be in place by September 1

full article at http://extratorrent.cc/article/4416...ht+infringement+notices+from+isp+try+vpn.html

I have been using purevpn for a few months now, has occasional speed issues but on the whole is easily the best I have tried so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Back