AFL Canberra Season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

If they have the same teams as last week Ainslie should beat Anu by about 150 and it will be interesting to see how belconnen fair at yass. Both teams in great form with a finals chance on offer for belco and top 2 chance on offer for yass

If they have the same teams as last week Ainslie should beat Anu by about 150 and it will be interesting to see how belconnen fair at yass. Both teams in great form with a finals chance on offer for belco and top 2 chance on offer for yass
Anu will come good I reckon.

On F8331 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yass beat belconnen today

ANU beat Ainslie by couple goals in 4s and by about 20 goals in 3s.
Ainslie dropped a heap of 3s blokes to 4s backfired. :p

Surprised there for sure. Guessing uni had a ton back this week cause ainslie we're handy last week and i watched the woden uni game and anu were struggling big time

Last edited:
Belconnen wrapping up the 1s Minor Premiership yesterday. Set to be a cracking finals series in the top grade. Yesterday was fantastic game of local footy to watch. Ainslie 2s look they might be too good to beat in reserves competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Belconnen wrapping up the 1s Minor Premiership yesterday. Set to be a cracking finals series in the top grade. Yesterday was fantastic game of local footy to watch. Ainslie 2s look they might be too good to beat in reserves competition.

I missed the game Hammo! sounds like it was a cracker!

Who were the good players from each team? Are those teams your pick to play in the GF this year?

QBN are looking very good imo.

I missed the game Hammo! sounds like it was a cracker!

Who were the good players from each team? Are those teams your pick to play in the GF this year?

QBN are looking very good imo.

Great game mate. They are both my pick for the 1s GF - Belconnen seem to be slight favourites after now beating them twice and defeating Qbyn and Eastlake quite comfortably. Never know with finals footy though, it all changes!

Standout on the weekend was James Bennett and not surprising the bloke will win the league medal by however many votes. Bernasconi was good from Ainslie obviously back from Demons. A lot of young blokes in both teams showed a lot of talent here and there which was great to see. Jack Harper, a handy pick up for Belconnen.

Very young reserves for both Ainslie and Belconnen, once again good to see because there is talent there. Ainslie just got abit to much edge at the moment for that competition, it's going to take a big effort from whoever it is that takes the flag off them.

Great game mate. They are both my pick for the 1s GF - Belconnen seem to be slight favourites after now beating them twice and defeating Qbyn and Eastlake quite comfortably. Never know with finals footy though, it all changes!

Standout on the weekend was James Bennett and not surprising the bloke will win the league medal by however many votes. Bernasconi was good from Ainslie obviously back from Demons. A lot of young blokes in both teams showed a lot of talent here and there which was great to see. Jack Harper, a handy pick up for Belconnen.

Very young reserves for both Ainslie and Belconnen, once again good to see because there is talent there. Ainslie just got abit to much edge at the moment for that competition, it's going to take a big effort from whoever it is that takes the flag off them.

Thanks mate, Yep Benett is defs the favorite for the medal from what I have seen, does have a few around him who could steal votes though, Walker, Turnbull etc.

I think Bryce from QBN could go close to beating him for it.

Agree with the 2s comp Ainslie have not lost a game in nearly 2 years in the grade!

Thanks mate, Yep Benett is defs the favorite for the medal from what I have seen, does have a few around him who could steal votes though, Walker, Turnbull etc.

I think Bryce from QBN could go close to beating him for it.

Agree with the 2s comp Ainslie have not lost a game in nearly 2 years in the grade!

Makes you think he will take out the medals across the grades..

1s: Bennett
2s: Godfrey, Thompson, Burridge
3s: Thompson, Mcpherson, Fenech
4s: Bird, Chant, Serafin

As you said in the 1s mate, never know what happens with people taking votes of eachother but that's my stab at the medals.

Makes you think he will take out the medals across the grades..

1s: Bennett
2s: Godfrey, Thompson, Burridge
3s: Thompson, Mcpherson, Fenech
4s: Bird, Chant, Serafin

As you said in the 1s mate, never know what happens with people taking votes of eachother but that's my stab at the medals.

Certainly does make you think, only 2 weeks left of voting aswell. My picks for what they are worth,

1s: Bryce or J. Bennett
2s: Thompson
3s: Mcpherson
4s: Serafin, Lee

Certainly does make you think, only 2 weeks left of voting aswell. My picks for what they are worth,

1s: Bryce or J. Bennett
2s: Thompson
3s: Mcpherson
4s: Serafin, Lee

Heard last week that Bennett was only able to be caught by Bryce if Bennett didn't poll the rest of the year and Bryce took 3 a game. Will be tough with Belconnen playing Gungahlin this week then Bennett and Bryce up against eachother the following. Both quality players, winner is well deserved.

Forgot about Lee from the Cats in 4s. Definite chance. Serafin probably the favourite to go back to back unless he's had his own team mates snag votes off him.

Forgot about Lee from the Cats in 4s. Definite chance. Serafin probably the favourite to go back to back unless he's had his own team mates snag votes off him.

Vaughan Winnel would have to have taken some off him, he's been fantastic both times we've played Yass.

With the prediction of four days of rain I wonder what the chances are of a washed out round ??

Hope not mate, set to be a massive round - every game besides Tuggers/Googong means so much for finals..

Wet weather footy will bring the best out in teams who want it the most to. Should be tight contests!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back