Vegan/Vegetarian

Remove this Banner Ad

Nearly 4 or closer to 3? Still a bit old...
She's 3.5 but they stopped before she turned three. She's been eating solid food as well since idk, about six months old? World Health Organisation recommends breastfeeding to age two (and beyond) in conjunction with other food. Not necessarily my preference, but it's not actually a bad thing. I'd be more worried if she stopped altogether at 4 months, which some people apparently do (particularly in America).

Also I think we're getting a tiny bit off-topic :p

Last edited:
Iron was actually my biggest concern. Does the combination of legumes and grains cover all basis or do you need to supplement your iron intake somehow?
As far as I know there is no problem for men to obtain sufficient iron in a non meat diet. For obvious reasons women need to be more careful and get plenty of vit C. Also high oxalate foods limit uptake of iron. I was interested to learn that spinach, which is always reputed to have high iron, also is high in oxalate (oxalic acid) thereby negating any natural content of iron.

Last edited:
jesus - so many non meat eaters here.

i’m going to have to double down on eating meat so the wild cow population doesn’t become a problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iron plays a vital role, but I wonder how much we actually need in our diet.
The average healthy body is made up of 0.006 % iron. That makes it a tiny trace element.

Calcium is another one, a very small percentage of body mass, even though the general understanding is that our bones are made of calcium. Countries/cultures that don’t eat dairy also have much lower rates of osteoporosis. Western culture has the highest rate, and also consumes the most dairy.

That's pretty interesting to know.

So Popeye was a sham.
I believe it was propaganda during war times when meat was less abundant. They could have thrown some grass in a tin and sold it as a superfood if they were desperate. ‘I loves me cooch I does, toot toot’.

Iron's meant to make you strong - like iron. I always thought that was the point of Popeye's love of spinach otherwise why didn't they use a pill or something.
Spinach already had it’s good reputation by wartime so it was the perfect food to promote... even if it was based on erroneous science.

Iron's meant to make you strong - like iron. I always thought that was the point of Popeye's love of spinach otherwise why didn't they use a pill or something.

Coz this guy was monopolising the strength/energy pill market.

upload_2018-4-11_14-10-54.png

*I know Popeye and Roger Ramjet were released decades apart, but that's not the point

Remove this Banner Ad

Back