Vacant Jumper Numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 29, 2010
Ngunnawal
AFL Club
Adelaide
So with some more players departing this year, we have the following jumper numbers left vacant.

8 - Jake Kelly. Nathan Bassett wore this for 11 seasons from 1998, although did not play in the premiership side.

12 - Daniel Talia. This jumper has only changed hands twice. Inaugral player Simon 'Trigger' Tregenza played 106 games in 8 seasons before Rob Shirley wore it for 151 games in 10 seasons. Talia spent 12 seasons on the Crows list for his 200 games, but did not take the field in the first or the last. (FWIW Talia shares a first name and birthday with me on Saturday) Hopefully the next player to wear it will get to 250 games!

14 - David Mackay. No big name players have worn this one, although Hayden Skipworth and Matt Connell were two of the best.

18 - Tyson Stengle. Since Rodney Maynard passed it to Troy Bond, it had a proud indigenous history. Johncock and Betts need no introductions, but unfortunately the chequered history of Stengle leaves it a little tarnished.

19 - Long retired as the '19th Man'. A brilliant concept IMO.

27 - Tom Lynch. Matthew Liptak and Scott Stevens also played 100+ games in this jumper.

ROC and Davis may leave 37 and 40 vacant also, which were worn by Trent Hentschel and Porps respectively.

Edit - 42 removed

Last edited:

So with some more players departing this year, we have the following jumper numbers left vacant.

8 - Jake Kelly. Nathan Bassett wore this for 11 seasons from 1998, although did not play in the premiership side.

12 - Daniel Talia. This jumper has only changed hands twice. Inaugral player Simon 'Trigger' Tregenza played 106 games in 8 seasons before Rob Shirley wore it for 151 games in 10 seasons. Talia spent 12 seasons on the Crows list for his 200 games, but did not take the field in the first or the last. (FWIW Talia shares a first name and birthday with me on Saturday) Hopefully the next player to wear it will get to 250 games!

14 - David Mackay. No big name players have worn this one, although Hayden Skipworth and Matt Connell were two of the best.

18 - Tyson Stengle. Since Rodney Maynard passed it to Troy Bond, it had a proud indigenous history. Johncock and Betts need no introductions, but unfortunately the chequered history of Stengle leaves it a little tarnished.

27 - Tom Lynch. Matthew Liptak and Scott Stevens also played 100+ games in this jumper.

42- Vacant since the departure of Alex Keath, not worn by any other players worth mentioning.

ROC and Davis may leave 37 and 40 vacant also, which were worn by Trent Hentschel and Porps respectively.
Was David Marshall 14?

Edit: 16. I must be getting old.

42- Vacant since the departure of Alex Keath, not worn by any other players worth mentioning.

Also number 8 was The Scud.

Surely 19 gets restored. Not a fan of not using a jumper number because of fans.

Be interesting if McAdam leaves 23 to Freo.

Dawson to number 14.
First round pick number 8.
Would imagine young Izak Rankine would look pretty damn good decked out in the #23.

Would be the first person to wear it since the great man to even come close to the level of Raw Talent that McLeod possessed.

OK, pipedream over

Surely 19 gets restored. Not a fan of not using a jumper number because of fans.
Fagan quietly ended the 19th Man thing in favour of WFAO. It was Jackson Edwards' number when he was on our list but didn't get reallocated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

42- Vacant since the departure of Alex Keath, Also worn by Chad Rintoul

14 - Matt Connell Premiership player and Club Champion ….. Hayden Skipworth spud.

Would imagine young Izak Rankine would look pretty damn good decked out in the #23.

Would be the first person to wear it since the great man to even come close to the level of Raw Talent that McLeod possessed.

OK, pipedream over
Rankine will have 23 in 2023 when McAdam is gone

42- Vacant since the departure of Alex Keath, Also worn by Chad Rintoul

Ruthless.

What if the player who vacates it asks you too take it?
I could only speak for myself but I woukd want to try and make my own legacy in a number that may not have a legacy

For argument sake if I was allocated 37, I would want to turn that number into a famous club number, like a 32, or a 23

I woukd want to add a new legacy to the club

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back