Autopsy Brisbane v Collingwood at Maroochydore Multi-Sports Complex, 5.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

hard to see how we can recover by the end of the season.... there are so many broken parts in this
I think forget about recovery and play the new recruits.

Only two best missing, surely we could do better.

The first half in particular resembled our style for the first few seasons. Poor disposal, bomb kicks inside 50 to a non-dominant forward who is offensively exposed, a strong defence that eventually concedes through weight of numbers and some passengers in most parts of the ground.

We looked better in the second half after moves of Livingstone forward and Molloy into the midfield, which assisted others like Alexander to get more involved too.

We’re not winning the important games with our first half structure, so I hope we continue to switch things up against the eagles should that game proceed. I’d go one less tall.

The first half in particular resembled our style for the first few seasons. Poor disposal, bomb kicks inside 50 to a non-dominant forward who is offensively exposed, a strong defence that eventually concedes through weight of numbers and some passengers in most parts of the ground.

We looked better in the second half after moves of Livingstone forward and Molloy into the midfield, which assisted others like Alexander to get more involved too.

We’re not winning the important games with our first half structure, so I hope we continue to switch things up against the eagles should that game proceed. I’d go one less tall.
I hoped at half time coaching staff would change it up in the middle, we had 15min left to play with a strong breeze. Ruby and Malloy in the middle and try and win the game, but we did nothing until it was too late.

Too many players are passengers at the moment, Frederick, Molloy, Fowler, Alexander, Chiocci etc....
Frederick, Fowler, Alexander and Downie all have similar weaknesses in that none are particularly quick or agile. I think our balance would be better if we were to replace one and potentially two of this group.

While Molloy doesn’t fit that mould she can be a little poor defensively as a forward.

Alexander is the third forward target in a side with Molloy and Frederick. While Fowler is the third or fourth tall defender behind Livingstone, Schleicher and Butler. So, we certainly have room to adjust the structure.

As seen in the second half with Alexander being more involved I think changing the mix would benefit the other talls who remain in the side.

Last edited:
I think forget about recovery and play the new recruits.

Only two best missing, surely we could do better.

I dont think we run to contests as well as the other teams in the last two weeks. we dont tackle hard... we tackle like girls. we panic when we get the hard ball and just drop it and give the umpire no option. I think livingston is showing her limits and chiochi gets the ball and drops to the ground. there are so many areas where we need to improve. schliesh is a star. molloy tries to do too much but he's not near the ball enough. bonnici has to do too much, lambert is very good. there's a few others who arent too bad. buter is good.... i dunno, probably half the team is ok or better. Fredrick has little talent at footy. Downie was delisted by carlton. sheridan seems to need a functioning plan. Tarni brown is a kid. Allen alexander fowler are all ok bit players but they seem to need the whole team playing well to play well. I think there seems to be a lack of leadership and after two losses we are playing desperate ...which shouldnt happen after two matches..

I cant help but think that the Freo Bris style is more like the Richmond model and Melb to a lesser degree..... and the pies is more like the western bulldogs men... I'm not a big fan of a high posession game in pressure situations and there are so many players around the ball in womens' footy... I just dont like a style that requires precision and while the women's skills are improving, they fall away under pressure.

I would love to know how many clangers Chiocco makes. She tries so hard and gets the ball only for it to go to the opposition or nowhere.
No it’s the Ryan Lonie illusion.

She gets herself near the ball carrier defensively but as soon as she gets within reach she decides to slow down and become ineffectual as all hell.

Doesn’t do enough for a wing. I think her spot needs to come under some serious scrutiny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love to know how many clangers Chiocco makes. She tries so hard and gets the ball only for it to go to the opposition or nowhere.

I think the game has got too good for her.... she has neat skills and makes pretty good decisions ....but she's not strong over the ball or holding opponents. But I have noticed that she is going to ground a lot at the moment.

I think the game has got too good for her.... she has neat skills and makes pretty good decisions ....but she's not strong over the ball or holding opponents. But I have noticed that she is going to ground a lot at the moment.
Can't agree, I think it her decision making and execution that lets her down.

I totally agree, l don't know why she was retained as a co- captain. I would have had Davey as sole captain, with Schleicher as VC.
I unfortunately don't rate Chiocci, as a vital player in the side. I feel her disposal is very ordinary, she continually goes to ground, and her decision making is on the average to below average rating.
Like Frederick, l think Chiocci should make way for younger talent on the list that we can develop.

Well as i thought, we're a full rung below the big four (adl, bris, freo, melb).

Cant stand the possession game. But Having said that, doesn't matter what game you play when you fumble and panic....2 things we've really excelled at under pressure.

Chiocci....she was fantastic when the league started. but like many of them, i (sadly) feel the time has come. She runs hard and gets near it, but as other have said, goes to ground and cant dispose of it when tackled. Took a wing spot and didn't do enough. Maxwell like in leadership (best leader in the club...which is not related to best talent) but that's no longer enough.

Sabs....next. Says a lot when we move our full back to full forward to stop their full back....and bench the full forward.....enough said.

Chloe. just play her in the middle for the next few weeks. Season is done and shes an absolute jet when near it. So let her go.

Rowe - hmmm... she is nothing but a wingman(woman).....saw she went forward in the first qtr and never touched it. Her asset is running. Chiochi/allen took her wing spot, but lesson learned. my main concern is that she'll never do well under pressure.

Sheridan - fumbled more than i've seen. including the mark in the first. systemic of the team.

Ruby - shadow of herself last year. Fumbles and her awesome kicking is a thing of the past at the moment.

Allen - FMD can she do something with her kicking between 100% and - 100%? i think shes a defender all around. Lose the wing experiment and move on.

Casey / Cann... hold your heads high. so much grunt! but no support.
Brit and jaimee....always going the get tagged, but damn they tried hard!

Velardo - i've been super hopeful for her as she has some serious traits, especially after her VFLW season. i know shes only played a handful of games, but shes very weak in the contest and gives up too easily.

tarni was great in the last. After last year i expected more. But its easy to forget how young she is.

Chasten / james - give them both a pass as they are very very young and will have their ups and downs.

Reading the above....its easy to forget how young we are.
but i worry about our gameplan and where this club is heading as the gameplan doesn't really instill me (or the players i imagine) full of confidence.

Not fussed about the year....just more worried about how the players feel ahead of expansion....

Beyond disappointing that we’ve gone backwards on last year. A combination of personnel leaving or injured or their training and form impacted by Covid. I know other teams have had similar experiences, but we’ve lost our mojo or chemistry or whatever it was. Horrible to see us go back to the old inability to score. Lost a coach too this week. And we had the near certainty of the VFLW flag snatched from us in 2021.

I’m having a whinge and a moan.☹️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back