Review Round 8, 2022 - Brisbane Lions vs. West Coast

Who were your five best players against West Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Horrible game to watch. Unfortunate news about McStay, but just have to hope it’s not to bad.

Hugh had a huge last quarter so as a result it was good to get a few goals in the last quarter to improve the % a bit but yeah certainly won’t be sitting through that one again.

What is the news? We saw him limp off, fall over the sideline and puch the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FSJ6ZlvakAARe0Q

Career best for Hugh obviously. Great Q4

the big question, will the scan technicians be on holiday tomorrow? Last week was a farce.
Neale said in his interview after the game that no players had spoken to McStay after his injury as he'd been sent off to get scans done so hopefully better than last week.

Not often you are mildly disappointed with a 12+ goal win, but we just never really clicked into gear.

I think there was a little bit of a shift in priorities once McStay went down. Percentage is important, but it is a long season.

Yeah can't believe Wet Toast were receiving plaudits from the commentators. At no point were they trying to win the game, from the outset they were just trying to lose by as little as possible. I'd be filthy if I was a supporter. I'd rather go down by 150 points trying to win a game than what they did today.

Isn't that worse?
Nup. The main thing we want from the umpires is consistency. I find 'consistently terrible' better than 'inconsistently applying the rules differently to different teams'. At least tonight if you saw a free, you know it wasn't going to be paid, and when the whistle went, it was a 50/50 who was receiving it.

Not often you are mildly disappointed with a 12+ goal win, but we just never really clicked into gear.

I think there was a little bit of a shift in priorities once McStay went down. Percentage is important, but it is a long season.
Daniher, McStay & Hipwood are in that game, we win by 125.

The one stroke of fortune the Eagles had was we had no talls for our kick long gameplan.

Every time we went forward, the weagles would flood the defensive 50. The Eagles made sure this was the most boring game of the season.

Coleman, Answorth, Starc, Cameron and Bags were awesome. Rayner was good too, but still getting there. Linc is carrying an injury, you can tell as he is avoiding his usual style of play.

We will need to rely heavily on our smalls next week. Get some talls who can smack it down, then get your Bailey’s, Cameron’s and Rayner’s to get the job done.

Only just finished ahead in clearances and contested possessions even with Zorko stepping up
75% of the Eagles contested possessions would have been in our Fwd 50 though, and in a wet game doesn't mean much.

Back